Hop To
Page 61 of 175 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 174 175
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by curdog4570
This is not a courtroom.

BTW...... were you beating the "innocent until proven guilty" drum when we discussed the Muslim Major who killed all the folks at Ft Hood?

Or the scumbag who executed the cop in N Y?

Trumple on the Constitution a little more...maybe wear some muddy boots next time?

I envision...

well, you get it

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by ltppowell
De-escalate what situation? A car/cow wreck normally has nothing to "de-escalate".

Originally Posted by postoak
The Statesman also interviewed several family members, including Rowdy Paradis, a nephew of the couple’s who said he witnessed the shootings.

“Law enforcement should be trained to de-escalate situations,” said Rowdy Paradis. “In this case, I stood 10 feet away and watched two deputies escalate the situation and needlessly kill a man.”f

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article43654638.html#storylink=cpy

Normally is not 100% of the time.

Of course. Something here was definitely different than the average cow/car wreck that these guys handle all the time. What was it? Did the deputies just get together at lunch and decide to kill the next guy they see? Did the cow farmer lose his mind over his prize bull? Was it just a tragic accident?

Not enough facts at this point to determine what happened and why, IMHO.

With absolutely no facts to support such an assumption........
I would bet good money that Yantis told the deputies exactly what he thought of their efforts to kill the injured bull.

He might well have called into question their manhood and their abilities as Peace Officers.

Such is likely the de-escalation referred to by the widow.

Last edited by Idaho_Shooter; 11/11/15.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by logcutter
You put up links that are written by reporters. Duh!

So interviews or anything written in the paper or reported by a news station is meaningless even though it is the same from reporter to reporter.

So what will be the ISP report when a link is provided?Will it be directly from the ISP headquarters or "reported" on a news station or the paper?

The 100% facts and nothing but the facts regardless of what others saw?

Let me leave you with an exert from the town meeting last night held by the Sheriff:

One man said many do not trust the police to do a truly independent investigation of Yantis’ death.

“All of the investigation is under one roof of government,” Brian Pearce said. “You’re looking at a crowd that does not trust government on any level.”

Is this the same B Pierce from Payette Co, and whom writes for the major gun rags?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Here's why it is important to preserve the rights of all Americans, curdog,

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Simply put, the rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I have to say that I deeply respect the restraint shown by the Yantis family in this matter.

I find it inconceivable that the Yantis famuly, and the community at large is ignorant of the identity of the two deputies involved.

In a community this small, and a dept consisting of ten officers, it would be pretty darned easy to see which two deputies are MIA.

Yet, none have identified the deputies via social media.

I think that speaks volumes for the character of the individuals involved.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Somebody fuucked up big time and somebody might be in trouble.

That is all we know.

Quiet and calculated is how you would have to handle a situation like this.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Very true.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Somebody should be in trouble cause they fuucked up.

Last edited by sidepass; 11/11/15.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

So interviews or anything written in the paper or reported by a news station is meaningless even though it is the same from reporter to reporter.

So what will be the ISP report when a link is provided?Will it be directly from the ISP headquarters or "reported" on a news station or the paper?

Let me leave you with an exert from the town meeting last night held by the Sheriff:

One man said many do not trust the police to do a truly independent investigation of Yantis’ death.

“All of the investigation is under one roof of government,” Brian Pearce said. “You’re looking at a crowd that does not trust government on any level.”

Is this the same B Pierce from Payette Co, and whom writes for the major gun rags?

I was wondering the same thing regarding Mr. Pierce...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGray
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I was wondering the same thing regarding Mr. Pierce...

Yes. It's that Brian Pearce. Friend of mine. He has a ranch not far from there.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Thank you. His home is about 800 yds from where I sit on my couch, We are about ninety miles from Council.

I was not aware that Brian also owned property in Adams County.

It is absolutely beautiful cow country!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
brian is kind of one of my heros. He actually answers back when you attempt to contact him on gun issues. I
trust him implicitly on cast bullets and so on. He got a one of a kind elmer keith mould from a guy that use to post on here. If you talk to him, ask him about it sometime.
Might surprise you.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
brian is kind of one of my heros. He actually answers back when you attempt to contact him on gun issues. I
trust him implicitly on cast bullets and so on. He got a one of a kind elmer keith mould from a guy that use to post on here. If you talk to him, ask him about it sometime.
Might surprise you.
Brian sounds like a guy who respects his elders.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I can see where a huge some of money is offered to keep this from ever seeing a court house, I think Mr Spence will Prevent any settlement that is not monumental .
And I hope that the Yantis family understands that no amount of money will ever bring a life back to those grand kids or the widow who now will grow old alone.

This is just going to be a huge loss for everyone involved, with no winners, just a big blemish on an American way of life.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sidepass
Somebody should be in trouble cause they fuucked up.

They may be dead because of it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If this has been asked somewheres already I apologize....

It seems established that the dispute revolved around Mr Yantis' intention to put down the bull with a firearm at that moment in time, over the objections of the officers working the scene.

If Mr. Yantis had indeed proceeded with this act, against specific instructions, what crime would he have been guilty of?

What lawful authority is extended to officers working an accident scene, how far does that authority extend, and what can they tell people to do or not to do?

Thanks,

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I find so many things about this strange and if this little quote about how often police are actually held responsible for there actions,disturbing.

Law enforcement officers are brought before a jury in only 1.5% of officer-involved homicide cases. The eye witness testimony should be more than compelling enough for the officers involved to be tried in a courtroom. Law enforcement should be held to the same standards as the civilians they are sworn to serve and protect. No person is above the law.
We want to see these officers tried before a jury as any civilian would be in the same circumstance. The innocence or guilt of these officers should be decided by a jury. This is the only way we see justice being served.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
If this has been asked somewheres already I apologize....

It seems established that the dispute revolved around Mr Yantis' intention to put down the bull with a firearm at that moment in time, over the objections of the officers working the scene.

If Mr. Yantis had indeed proceeded with this act, against specific instructions, what crime would he have been guilty of?

What lawful authority is extended to officers working an accident scene, how far does that authority extend, and what can they tell people to do or not to do?

Thanks,

Birdwatcher

I haven't understood from any of the eyewitness accounts that there was much communication. Maybe I'm not remembering the last one I read-which was the best storyseemed like the most accurate. The bull had supposedly walked "home" which I assume was close since the cops were able to walk up and accost Yantis from behind. I'm not sure the bull was at the "scene" anymore. A bull could get out of my pasture right where I live on a major US highway, get hit and then wander or hobble back into my yard with the accident scene say, fifty yards away. If I had a skid steer out there and was fixing to shoot my bull I don't really know what business it would be of the cops anyway-which is kinda what this whole thing is about. I never read where they told him much of anything until they walked up and laid hands on him. Laying hands all authoritarian-like on a guy about to shoot a bull seems akin to stepping all puffed up in front of a moving vehicle. I guess a lot of folks just deserve to die.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
[Linked Image]

Page 61 of 175 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.