Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 63 of 175 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by logcutter
Itppowell

I am giving quotes and nothing but quotes..I have my personal opinion on this but I have not given it here.The whole thing is disturbing...

From the biker eye witness...

[Linked Image]

Obviously you do have a personal opinion, and it is very obvious, as they always are. I'm sure the ISP would love to talk to your witness. Do they have to go to New Orleans to interview him? That's where his Face Book account says he lives.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by jwp475

Nth is was a rural setting near the ranchers drive way, explain the liability now?

Do you really want an explanation, or just to talk?

Mr. Powell not a lot of people 360 degrees like in a city, plus rancher have much more experience putting down animals than do deputies. I am no stranger the the law enforcement rational, but in this case just don't buy it.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure the ISP would love to talk to your witness. Do they have to go to New Orleans to interview him? That's where his Face Book account says he lives.

I hope not.

This is taking forever.

Maybe ISP will just cut and paste his Facebook posts into the report?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If what is reported is accurate and I have no way of knowing for sure if it is or not.

Me either.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Nth is was a rural setting near the ranchers drive way, explain the liability now?

Mr. Powell not a lot of people 360 degrees like in a city, plus rancher have much more experience putting down animals than do deputies. I am no stranger the the law enforcement rational, but in this case just don't buy it.

Buy what?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
I'm sure the ISP would love to talk to your witness. Do they have to go to New Orleans to interview him? That's where his Face Book account says he lives.

I hope not.

This is taking forever.

Maybe ISP will just cut and paste his Facebook posts into the report?

I hope that works. I will take a long time for them to interview all these witnesses that live thousands of miles away.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Buy what?

You know what, you are an intellegent individual.

If one of the deputies would have put one round into the face plate and into the Brian cavity with handgun or 223 all would have been fine. But their lack of knowledge and experience in what needed to be done created a far greater liability.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Dispatch called the ranch, he was on his way. Officers should have waited for the ranch to dispatch the bull IMHO. The bull was the property of the rancher and a bull with broken legs ain't capable of much of a charge IMHO.

Hope the results of the investigation and the forensic evidence are released shortly.

I don't know how it works in Idaho, but here we very likely wouldn't allow it simply due to liability reasons

Whose liability? Dam sure the ranchers property and open range is legal in Idaho. If not mistaken the autos are responsible for cattle they hit.

If I have been notified and am on the way no one has my permission to dispatch one of my animals. That us my call.

I explained it back in the beginning pages of this thread, but if his shot were to go errant, and strike a bystander, that puts the liability on whichever agency controls the scene, has nothing to do with who owns the cow

Your explaiation is BS, the multitude of shots fired by the deputies carries much greater risk of going errant. The rancher was a couple of feet behind the Bulls head not much chance of an errant shot especially with the fragile high velocity 204 bullets.
The deputies were taking entirely too muck control in a free society.

You explain that in a civil trial the ...the fact is the scene belongs to LE fire/ems those are the entities that will be held liable

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'm sure the ISP would love to talk to your witness. Do they have to go to New Orleans to interview him?

Ummmm..How about a video disposition if that's the case or ISP could just ignore his connection to the case.(likely)

And you say my opinion is obvious. laugh

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by gitem

You explain that in a civil trial the ...the fact is the scene belongs to LE fire/ems those are the entities that will be held liable

Therein lies much of the problem. Had the deputies allowed the rancher to take care of this there would be no one dead and no civil suit, but now you have both.

Thank god that where I live the own is allowed to deal with his animal without LEO trying to take over when they are not the. Ones that own the livestock.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Your explaiation is BS, the multitude of shots fired by the deputies carries much greater risk of going errant. The rancher was a couple of feet behind the Bulls head not much chance of an errant shot especially with the fragile high velocity 204 bullets.
The deputies were taking entirely too muck control in a free society.

Spot on, not to mention the barrage of gunfire on the bull ending in a belly wound.....Ouch...

Horatio

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If one of the deputies would have put one round into the face plate and into the Brian cavity with handgun or 223 all would have been fine. But their lack of knowledge and experience in what needed to be done created a far greater liability.

What do you know about their knowledge and experience?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Dutch

Dispatch called the ranch, he was on his way. Officers should have waited for the ranch to dispatch the bull IMHO. The bull was the property of the rancher and a bull with broken legs ain't capable of much of a charge IMHO.

Hope the results of the investigation and the forensic evidence are released shortly.

I don't know how it works in Idaho, but here we very likely wouldn't allow it simply due to liability reasons

'xcuse me? "Wouldn't allow it?" Are you his daddy?

That's the problem I have with cops, "we control you, we are your boss"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I understand that here on the 'fire forum we are supposed to disregard all the witness accounts until the Idaho State Police [who weren't at the scene of the shooting] informs us of who actually saw what they think they saw, but, on the off chance that some witnesses can be believed, THIS seems to be the sequence of the bull's actions:

Bull is hit by a car not far from his owner's home.One hind leg is broken.

Bull hobbles back toward his owner's house and lays down at the roadside.

While the owner, in response to a request from the S.O., is making preparation to dispatch the bull and butcher him, the deputies approach the bull and start shooting him, putting him on the prod, and he goes back toward the car that hit him.

Among the shots fired by the Deputies are some that break the bull's good leg, putting him down in the highway, not far from the car.

IF this account of the bull's actions is factual, the human actor's responses become somewhat predictable.

The bull was un-biased as far as cops are concerned.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
".the fact is the scene belongs to LE fire/ems those are the entities that will be held liable"

Glad to have you on "OUR" side in the discussion.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
There are so many disturbing things that happened that night it is hard to pick just one of them as being the reason for this madness...

The part that disturbs me the most after all is said and done is that there is absolutely no mention of medical aid being given to Jack Yantis after being shot multiple times.That is disturbing..

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Let's take a poll, Gitem or Dink?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243

Let's take a poll, Gitem or Dink?

Does this apply to the OP, or do you need to gin up some more angst?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are so many disturbing things that happened that night it is hard to pick just one of them as being the reason for this madness...

The part that disturbs me the most after all is said and done is that there is absolutely no mention of medical aid being given to Jack Yantis after being shot multiple times.That is disturbing..
Could one of the reasons they handcuffed his wife have been to prevent her from administering first aid?

I repeat. The authorities called Jack to take care of his bull and then killed him when he attempted to do what they requested.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Could one of the reasons they handcuffed his wife have been to prevent her from administering first aid?

I repeat. The authorities called Jack to take care of his bull and then killed him when he attempted to do what they requested.

Seriously?

Are you pushing the "organized tyranny" angle or "dicks with a badge" angle?

Page 63 of 175 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 58 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.