Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 64 of 175 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 174 175
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Could one of the reasons they handcuffed his wife have been to prevent her from administering first aid?

It is disturbing to think that is possible,unlikely but possible.I'm not sure the lead deputy had 100% control of his brain at the time of the incident.Some bizarre things happened within just a few minutes with decisions that are not seen as the norm.

Somehow it went from a rancher being called from dispatch to take care of his bull, to a rancher/his wife and nephew being treated as a threat to the officers and inappropriate actions by the cops took over.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Well I may as well get in on the act and post something really relevant to the original post.

Today I ordered a bottle of Hennessy xo cognac from the local store and the bloody thing will be here on Monday...at the God-almighty price of $241.00 Aust...for you yanks that is currently about 27 cents US.

The last time I ordered a bottle was in the eighties and the damn thing only cost $78.00.

Oh, and the other night a local fellow died in a house fire about 200 yards from my door, the screams were unpleasant to hear and I am sorry he went that way as he was not a bad sort of fellow...actually, he was one of those inoffensive sort of fellows that pretty much got along with everyone.

And life goes on.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
".the fact is the scene belongs to LE fire/ems those are the entities that will be held liable"

Glad to have you on "OUR" side in the discussion.

It has nothing to do with sides.

The scene control issues has to do with scene integrity and evidence protection.

As far as the claims of medical attention being denied, does anyone know how many medics were on scene, and if at the time of the shooting they were attending to the accident victims?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nobody knows [bleep], that's the problem.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by logcutter
Somehow it went from a rancher being called from dispatch to take care of his bull, to a rancher/his wife and nephew being treated as a threat to the officers and inappropriate actions by the cops took over.

Or could be ole Yantis was half a bottle in when he showed up on scene and started acting a fool and things went down hill from there. We can all guess....

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by mirage243

Let's take a poll, Gitem or Dink?

He is no longer an LEO.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
As far as the claims of medical attention being denied, does anyone know how many medics were on scene, and if at the time of the shooting they were attending to the accident victims?

Many times EMT's go to the scene in there personal rigs while the ambulance waits for the the EMT's to get there so there is no way to know exactly how many trained EMT's were there.There were 2 ambulances on scene..There also was extrication which can be either specially trained EMT's or specially trained fire dept.

The officers alone should have had at a minimum,a certification in first aid requirement.There was know shortage of medically capable people on scene yet there is know mention of "any"aid being given to Jack other than his wife who was thrown to the ground and handcuffed.

I can see why know one else jumped in to try and help him!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Or could be ole Yantis was half a bottle in when he showed up on scene and started acting a fool and things went down hill from there. We can all guess....

I'd rather be guilty of falsely accusing two live deputies than to BE guilty of slandering a dead man.

As I've said many times; We learn little from these threads other than about our fellow members.".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'd rather be guilty of falsely accusing two live deputies than to BE guilty of slandering a dead man.

I'd rather be guilty of neither if I can help it.

As I've said many times; We learn little from these threads other than about our fellow members.".

Sure do.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK guys put yourself at the scene from what has been posted so far and the news accounts.
You have a car with people trapped in the middle of the road.
2 LEO's and EMP on the scene plus several more witnesses and lookers.
You have a mad bull that is coming towards the area again. This bull is hurting and going to hurt something.
He's not in a squeeze shoot, not chained or anything. The bull is wandering around and mad. He's coming back into the area.
You have many people in the area, you have two trapped, very injured people in a car on the road. What are you going to do?
Well some say they are going to walk up to this bull and shoot him in the head, up close to this mad bull that is 100% loose in the open.
Hurt but moving towards the group on the hwy.
What's your decision making process going to be?
You going to walk up to within 2 feet and place a weapon near the bulls head, hey this bull is able to move. Could injury or kill you.
What are you going to do?
You guys do that with moving, kicking wild animals? Moving is the important part.
By the time the rancher got there, the bull was down, easy to move in close and shoot him.
All the deputies wanted to do was to stop the bull, they did.
From that point on, I'll have to wait on the answers from the LEO side. Then we can take the news, witnesses and Leo sides to see which way we fall.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"All the deputies wanted to do was to stop the bull, they did."

Let's hear a big ol' round of cyber-applause for these two dedicated public servants.

The Rancher?

He was collateral damage.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

I'd rather have facts before passing judgment, but apparently that's not how the Campfire Court works, so I'll guess right along with everyone else.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I called my buddy, Brian Pearce that was quoted in the news story. (Yes, he is THAT Brian Pearce.) wink

We had a very long, candid conversation about this, and what measures are being taken by the sheriff.

We pretty much agree that the facts of the investigation have are not known at this time, but from accounts coming from people that were on the scene, the sheriff needs to be more forthcoming about some things.

A small county and it's citizens have lots of concerns and questions right now. They are not getting any answers whatsoever. That needs to change. It needs to change on the local and the state level.

The citizens that have entrusted public office to the sheriff and state police should come first. Priority one. Always.

With questions being asked, and no answers coming back to them, it appears that those priorities have shifted.

I too feel that the sheriff can make some information avl. to calm the concerns of the people and address the issues at hand... without compromising the investigation.

Right, wrong, or somewhere in between isn't so much the issue right now. The public needs to know that they can trust certain levels of government to do the lawful and right thing. People in that community don't have that trust right now.

That needs to change. Soon.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Many times EMT's go to the scene in there personal rigs while the ambulance waits for the the EMT's to get there so there is no way to know exactly how many trained EMT's were there.There were 2 ambulances on scene..There also was extrication which can be either specially trained EMT's or specially trained fire dept.

The officers alone should have had at a minimum,a certification in first aid requirement.There was know shortage of medically capable people on scene yet there is know mention of "any"aid being given to Jack other than his wife who was thrown to the ground and handcuffed.

What kind of medical treatment do you give a dead man

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
but from accounts coming from people that were on the scene, the sheriff needs to be more forthcoming about some things.

That's it right there.He knows stuff but is playing dumb.There were EMT's and fire that was on scene also,all volunteers with there versions they saw, leaking out slowly in the community.One picture of the scene shows some of the local ems/fire right there.

The sheriff is fooling know one and why some walked out of the meeting.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by gitem_12

If as claimed he was not attended, then no one knows if he was already dead or died from lack of attention.

Surely you are aware of this fact, are you not?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

By all accounts this is small community, therefore they know one another, meaning no reason for the heavy handedness.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Were they qualified to pronounce him dead?"NO"That is why only a few have the qualifications to make that call.Ever heard of the so called not breathing dead man scaring the hell out of the coroner...It happens and one reason just anybody can't make that call including officers and EMT's.An MD or the coroner can not a sheriffs deputy.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If anyone even thought Jack was alive they would have shot him a couple more times, just to be safe.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Page 64 of 175 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,527
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.