Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 65 of 175 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good post, Amigo.

The Sheriff apparently overlooks the big picture in this deal. He has THAT in common with the cop-crowd here.

Granted, we all are due the presumption of innocence.

But what happens when a citizen kills someone? Where is the burden of proof?

He IS "guilty" of homicide by virtue of killing a human.

To avoid being found guilty of manslaughter or murder, he must prove it was "justified". In part, at least, his "proof" is his statements to investigators.

If one considers how an ordinary citizen is treated after shooting someone, and contrasts it with how these deputies are being treated, it's easy to conclude that, in practice, the burden of proof shifts according to one's employment.

The Authorities in this instance give credibility to that conclusion. Especially the Sheriff.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimy
If anyone even thought Jack was alive they would have shot him a couple more times, just to be safe.

right.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
As much as I hate to agree with gitem on anything she is sorta kinda right as far as EMTs go. If the crew, let's assume 6, are involved in the extrication and treatment of the Subaru occupants they would be derelict in their duties to leave those patients to treat Mr.Yantis. If the patients were packaged for transport/airlift it's possible that at that point a couple of them could be freed up to the attend to Jack. The rules of triage would dictate that treatment of the living but critically injured comes before virtually all other injuries. I don't know what staffing the fire department has there but the delay in treatment could have been the amount of time it took to tone out another rig. I imagine a small fire department would have been up to their as.ses in alligators treating the injured on scene and setting up an LZ Our department required a minimum of 2 engines with lines extended for an LZ.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by logcutter
one reason just anybody can't make that call including officers and EMT's.An MD or the coroner can not a sheriffs deputy.

You sure about that?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mirage243

Let's take a poll, Gitem or Dink?
Since more cops are supposed to be good than bad, why didn't the other cop on the scene immediately arrest that slapping cop on multiple serious charges?

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Since more cops are supposed to be good than bad, why didn't the other cop on the scene immediately arrest that slapping cop on multiple serious charges?

slapping is a serious charge?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
one reason just anybody can't make that call including officers and EMT's.An MD or the coroner can not a sheriffs deputy.

You sure about that?

Since your location is SECRET, I suppose your state could be an exception.

Any state that would allow a Deputy Sheriff to pronounce a person dead is probably one of those "Seven Secret States" that Obama alluded to.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Besides the wife and nephew, how many civilians are claiming they had eyes on the rancher at the very moment he was shot?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You boys still going at it!?!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

You sure about that?

that is exactly the way it was for me. I remember a friend getting a welfare check in the middle of the winter call. Real cold out. He goes up looks in the window, and says their dead. Dispatcher aware of the rules regarding coroner, said are you sure? He radio's back and says, yeah i am sure, i am watching flies crawl in and out of their nose. Keep in mind scanners. The calls to the sheriff started immediately.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

slapping is a serious charge?

It's assault. Serious? Kind of subjective.

Go slap a cop and judge for yourself!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by jimy
If anyone even thought Jack was alive they would have shot him a couple more times, just to be safe.

right.

Any 62 year old man that takes 5 rounds to the chest from 10 feet must be a BMF and no one to take a chance with, I'm surprised that a round to the fore head was not needed to guarantee the officers safety in this situation.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

You sure about that?

Yes and a city police officer cannot arrest a county sheriff.Saw them try in McCall Idaho.What a stand off and joke as they tried to arrest the sheriff coming out of a pub there.The coroner has powers I never realized.

The politics of it all is amazing..My ex was head EMS in McCall and my son is a first responder/fire here..Some of the legalities of some situations are just crazy.

Joe Blow the deputy cannot pronounce someone dead in Idaho hell,he can't even put down a deer without fsih and games approval!

Last edited by logcutter; 11/12/15.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

You sure about that?

that is exactly the way it was for me. I remember a friend getting a welfare check in the middle of the winter call. Real cold out. He goes up looks in the window, and says their dead. Dispatcher aware of the rules regarding coroner, said are you sure? He radio's back and says, yeah i am sure, i am watching flies crawl in and out of their nose. Keep in mind scanners. The calls to the sheriff started immediately.

What year was that?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

You sure about that?

Yes and a city police officer cannot arrest a county sheriff.Saw them try in McCall Idaho.What a stand off and joke as they tried to arrest the sheriff coming out of a pub there.The coroner has powers I never realized.

The politics of it all is amazing..My ex was head EMS in McCall and my son is a first responder/fire here..Some of the legalities of some situations are just crazy.

Joe Blow the deputy cannot pronounce someone dead in Idaho!

Your post also included EMTs...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What kind of medical treatment do you give a dead man

Were they qualified to pronounce him dead?"NO"That is why only a few have the qualifications to make that call.Ever heard of the so called not breathing dead man scaring the hell out of the coroner...It happens and one reason just anybody can't make that call including officers and EMT's.An MD or the coroner can not a sheriffs deputy.

Neat story, but they can use obvious signs to determine whether treatment t is warranted... that has nothing to do with officially calling the death

Find a medic who has been doing the job more than 6 months who would see a body lying on the ground with a whole family of bullet holes in his chest, eyes staring off into space and mouth gaped open that is gonna say..." hey guys this one needs CPR"...

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What kind of medical treatment do you give a dead man

Were they qualified to pronounce him dead?"NO"That is why only a few have the qualifications to make that call.Ever heard of the so called not breathing dead man scaring the hell out of the coroner...It happens and one reason just anybody can't make that call including officers and EMT's.An MD or the coroner can not a sheriffs deputy.

A close friend got lit up by about a half dozen cops. I mean LIT UP. I bet he had 10+ holes in him in a few seconds. Both pistol and rifle.

They immediately started CPR and then the ambulance fellas took over. They worked on him for probably ten minutes.

Why? I dunno, most of his lungs and heart poured out onto the black top, but they did.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Here the only first responders that can declare death even in obvious cases such as rigor are paramedics, nurses or docs.

EMTs and cops cannot

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
But around here even obvious death means running a strip showing asystole. Liability reasons

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Besides the wife and nephew, how many civilians are claiming they had eyes on the rancher at the very moment he was shot?

Call the Sheriff and ask him.

Most people were probably focused on the car. Ain't every day that you get to see that "Jaws of life" operation.

Now, if there was this big confrontation between the cops and Mr. Yantis, some would look that way and be positioned to observe the killing.

But if some of the witnesses are telling the truth about no words being exchanged between the victim and his killers, there may not be many that actually saw it. Most of them would be the ones who were members of the Yantis party.

BTW, "victim and his killers" are perfectly appropriate technical words.

Page 65 of 175 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 61 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.