Print Thread
Hop To
Page 69 of 175 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 174 175
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Some of the folks posting on this thread seem to be victims of amateur brain surgeries, namely botched lobotomies.

Pot...meet kettle.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yeah regional differences. Here you have to have first aid and CPR to be a cop

It's that way here also..I asked why for the officers and volunteer fire out of curiosity and was told it was for the ability to stabilize until medical help arrives.The ambulance rolls with fire on major fires.

It makes sense with police often being first on scene.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/Tensions-flare-at-town-meeting-after-Council-shooting-345537712.html

'Left for dead like common roadkill': Yantis family look for answers

By Rachel Bjornestad Published: Nov 11, 2015 at 1:54 AM MST Last Updated: Nov 11, 2015 at 6:09 AM MST

COUNCIL, Idaho (KBOI) -- THe family of a rancher who was shot and killed in Council told their side of the story Tuesday.

And although details about the shooting are still unclear, Jack Yantis' daughter Sarah was adamant that her father was murdered by Adam County deputies.

And they want to see justice.

"This is the exact spot where my dad Jack Yantis was brutally gunned down and murdered by the Adams County deputies," Sarah Yantis said.

"Though it has been washed twice, and it rained for a night and a day, his blood still remains here on the road. I believe this is where his blood is going to stay until he receives justice for the tragic and needless murder."

Concerned locals packed the Council Valley Assembly of God Tuesday night to hear from the Adams County Sheriff.

"The reason we held this meeting was to get some information out to the public," Sheriff Ryan Zollman said. "To try to explain to them to the best of our ability what we are going through right now."

The community hoped for more information about the officer-involved shooting that killed Jack Yantis, a long-time rancher and resident of Council. Members of the Yantis family were also in attendance.

Some at the meeting were frustrated by what they saw as Zollman’s inability to answer many of their questions, since the Idaho Attorney General has taken over the investigation.

He confirmed that deputies in the area are issued body cameras, but he did not know if they were recording during the shooting. Zollman said he would not release the identities of the deputies for safety reasons.

With so much uncertainty surrounding the shooting, some left the meeting with more questions than answers.

“I would like to know exactly what led up to the incident itself, and that's not what is being told right now because it's under investigation,” Shirley Halsey, a Council resident said.

Meanwhile, Sheriff Zollman and his family have received death threats. "My three small children are very upset,” he said. “This is going to change our lives forever."

Zollman said he would not resign if the deputies were charged and convicted of a crime, because he is committed to serving the people who elected him.

The family of Jack Yantis has accused the deputies involved of murdering Jack. They released a statement earlier on Tuesday regarding the incident.

Here's the remaining statement read by Sarah Yantis:

"My father did not receive any care, including medical care, prior to my arrival," she continued. "And he was shot and left for dead like common roadkill. At the same time, the bull was left to suffer and bleed out inhumanely. When asked to put it down, they would not do it.

"While my father's blood stains this pavement, the officers that murdered him are on paid leave. What has America come to? It's no longer the land of the free and the home of the brave."

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Most or a lot of our volunteers are EMTs but at the very least First Responder certified. All full time firefighters have to be EMTs by graduation from the academy. Many departments require you're an EMT as part of the application requirements. A way of early vetting and getting a smaller applicant group

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Ace, what constitutes the EMT training...is it like our senior first aid or is it more comprehensive, along the lines of ambulance officer?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by logcutter
When you shoot somebody you have the obligation to render aid if they are still alive. Whether the deputies allowed the EMT's access or they did it themselves, the obligation was still there. Certainly if you as a citizen shoot somebody, you have an obligation to render aid unless you can't due to the wounded person still being a threat. It sounds like Yantis was totally incapacitated yet they evidently neither attempted aid themselves, or tried to get paramedics to. Nor did they allow his family to aid him. That's what the story is thus far.

That's right..Each of the deputies were required to have a first aid card that included CPR certification!

Interesting...... Regional differences.

I haven't been CPR certified in years. I've never held any "first aid card".

Yeah regional differences. Here you have to have first aid and CPR to be a cop. Of the thousands of calls I can't remember one where a cop rendered aid. That's not an indictment as they were dealing with their own responsibilities. Not to mention our response times usually precluded the need for them to wade into unfamiliar territory.

In Washington we have the "Good Samaritan" law that doesn't require a citizen to render aid But if they do render aid they cannot be sued regardless of what they do or don't do. Outside of brain surgery.

Conversely...... It was a source of pride in my earlier years that I was NEVER beat to a med call by the volunteers. I have more "saves" than a number of them.

We're staffed during the day, now, so less of an issue.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
JSTUART--All aid cars and ambulances around here are staffed by Emergency Medical Technicians. EMTs around here don't start IVs or administer meds. Only paramedics do. Other states have EMT 1,2and 3 with incremental responsibilities up to intubation, IV therapy and administration of meds. Defibrillator and cardiac monitoring also becomes more involved rather than an AED. It depends upon the medical director whose license you operate under.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
George, That doesn't surprise me about you. I believe the folks in your AO are well served.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sheriff Ryan Zollman:

Originally Posted by gonehuntin
He confirmed that deputies in the area are issued body cameras, but he did not know if they were recording during the shooting.

That stinks pretty bad.

I haven't read the entire thread, too much fire, so forgive me if this has been posted. In the absence of police cam video is there any unrelated, independent witness statements or video?

I also thank logcutter and other locals.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
EMTs around here don't start IVs or administer meds.

In Idaho there are basic EMT's which cannot do IV's and such and advanced EMT's which can,then paramedics.We also like Adams county only have volunteer fire and EMS.None are fulltime except the EMT director.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That's what I thought logcutter. And thanks for the local perspective you offer. I worked with a guy in the PD that had to leave to let the trouble he caused simmer down. He took a job in Utah (I believe) or AZ as a LEO/EMT-P park ranger position. I thought that would be a good fit for him as he was a damn good EMT. He only lasted a year or so before he and some of his LEO buddies got into a barroom brawl and out came his gun. He was fired and was welcomed back to the department he previously worked for.

He missed his calling as a paramedic because he was an ego driven cop. Funny as hell too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

lol.... After some of your posts there may be several people willing to aid RWE in case his leg gets tired....
Really? Have I insulted you in some way? It's common in Kansas to use the term "son" on somebody who is your junior. I don't recall insulting anybody on this thread but maybe I did. I don't ever recall insulting you or really talking to you much in any form, which is unlikely to change given your saying something like that. Actually for the type of topic, this thread has been fairly amicable other than one or two guys.

lol again.... Yes, really, laughing again. No, you have not insulted me at all. Some of your comments to others have appeared insulting, and several others appear more than slightly irritated at you. I have no desire to kick you. I'm enjoying the show to much, thus my tongue in cheek comment in regard to someone coming to your (or RWE's?) aid during a booting frenzy...

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that reminds me.

Is a 5 year difference (I won't say which way) typically adequate for a "son" reference, or is that only in Kansas?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here the only first responders that can declare death even in obvious cases such as rigor are paramedics, nurses or docs.

EMTs and cops cannot

Absolutely FALSE sir!

I've been a practicing WA. State EMT for 20 years and have ALWAYS been able to withhold resuscitation with obvious death under multiple reasons and confirm tome of death with but a simple call to my base station doctor.

Injuries incompatible with life and rigor mortis as you stated are 2 of the multiple incidents an emt may pronounce and withhold resucitation.

WA State EMT Protocols:
[Linked Image]

King County Protocols:
[Linked Image]

Also your statement that LEOs can in no way pronounce death is also a slippery slope. I know more then 1 LEO who is also an EMT-P that carry full ALS gear, one not far from your own AO

Last edited by MallardAddict; 11/12/15.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RWE
Is a 5 year difference (I won't say which way) typically adequate for a "son" reference, or is that only in Kansas?

I've always considered it mildly offensive, and sometimes a little creepy to hear it from someone who's not my dad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by logcutter
1) it is relevant....its just apparently above your intelligence

A) it would likely be obvious to any medically trained first responder that he was expired, especially if an FR bent down and said he has no pulse,

2) do you have proof they withheld medical attention

3) you stated in an earlier post that there was no way to know how many medical personnel were on scene, yet now you state there was an abundance of them....which is it?

1-It is not relevant..As a first responder you have the obligation to follow protocol aka the rules.There is no place in the rules that say's you have the right to wing it and "assume" anything and even if at first try he has no pulse it is your duty as a first responder to try and resuscitate him..See I said that without childish insults..Try it.

2-Yes-The wife ran to aid the injured and was thrown to the ground and cuffed as was the nephew and with both deputies being certified in CPR and carried a medical card they did not give him medical help.That is withholding...

3-Lets see..know one knows how many EMT's showed up in there personal rigs but there were two ambulances on scene and the fire department..Your guess is as good as mine but that would mean an abundance to me with the other injured alive and talking.Jack not so much..

I'm not familiar with ID protocols but here in WA. multiple GSW without pulses does not specifically require EMS to inititate CPR if they feel the injuries are not compatible with life.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JSTUART--All aid cars and ambulances around here are staffed by Emergency Medical Technicians. EMTs around here don't start IVs or administer meds. Only paramedics do. Other states have EMT 1,2and 3 with incremental responsibilities up to intubation, IV therapy and administration of meds. Defibrillator and cardiac monitoring also becomes more involved rather than an AED. It depends upon the medical director whose license you operate under.

Again your info is muddt at best. If your familar with WA EMD then you well know LOTS of WA. Counties have EMT-I's that can start IV's and intubate with an adjuncts like an LMA, King LTD, Combi-tube etc.

Also an EMT-P cannot defibrillate anything that an AED wont, the exception is they can cardiovert and pace.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Actually fellow, the whole thing is about halfwits jumping to conclusions with not a single solitary piece of evidence other than hearsay."

That's not exactly true. A corpse is pretty solid evidence of a homicide when it's riddled with bullet holes.

Unless someone wants to introduce another actor with a firearm, there is pretty solid evidence that the two Deputes are responsible for the homicide.

Now..... THEY should be the ones to provide evidence that it was a "justified" homicide.

Do you disagree?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Actually fellow, the whole thing is about halfwits jumping to conclusions with not a single solitary piece of evidence other than hearsay."

That's not exactly true. A corpse is pretty solid evidence of a homicide when it's riddled with bullet holes.

Unless someone wants to introduce another actor with a firearm, there is pretty solid evidence that the two Deputes are responsible for the homicide.

Now..... THEY should be the ones to provide evidence that it was a "justified" homicide.

Do you disagree?

I do.

It is the burden of the prosecutor to prove guilt, not the burden of the defendant to prove their innocence.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jcubed

It is the burden of the prosecutor to prove guilt, not the burden of the defendant to prove their innocence.

quit it.

Page 69 of 175 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1936M71, 219 Wasp, 257 roberts, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.