-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 71 of 175 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will this be another case where a grand jury declines to indict? I want to believe this won't be swept under the rug, but why is it that I think the LE Agency in question is seeking every opportunity to place blame on the victim, and sweep this under the rug.

If you go by the accounts of the witnesses, AT BEST this is involuntary manslaughter. Something that ANYONE but a cop would be arrested and charged for.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Is this where the cops attempt to divert or sidetrack the topic with ad hominem attacks on the "messenger" because it's taken a turn that goes against their agenda?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never eaten a bite of jailhouse food.

Workin' in the Private Sector, I always had enough money for bail.

I learned that tidbit about Arkansas Coroners when I was getting his statement as part of my investigation of an Ag Pilot fatality.

You are only allowed to speculate until learning the truth. Mention it again and it's slander.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

That is great news..Thanks for posting that.Ive been trying to winterize my camper.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I've never eaten a bite of jailhouse food.

Workin' in the Private Sector, I always had enough money for bail.

I learned that tidbit about Arkansas Coroners when I was getting his statement as part of my investigation of an Ag Pilot fatality.

You are only allowed to speculate until learning the truth. Mention it again and it's slander.

Guess that makes Jayco the winner by a nose.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're gaining on S H for [bleep] of this thread award. Don't give up now.... nobody knows where the finish line is.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
"Talk about warped...now, you are defending yourself by saying charges need to be filed? The judicial system must work?

Would you want to be "tried in the court of public opinion?" I wouldn't. I would hope the investigation was thorough and objective. Then, with that investigation, I could have a trial (if indicted) where my Constitutional rights were protected from the "court of public opinion."

You are being purposely obtuse.

The only Constitutional Right being threatened on this thread is the First Amendment Right to free speech if the cops on here had their way.

I know it must be frustrating to cops to transition from the real world - where you can demand that a man shut up, and hurt him if he doesn't - to the cyber world where you are powerless over anyone else.

Obtuse? I don't think there is anything obtuse about the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Do you?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Interesting on the feds getting involved.

The ISP and attorney general will be looking at possible state criminal violations; the federal authorities are examining possible federal violations. Federal statutes that could be implicated include the federal prohibition on a law enforcement officer willfully and intentionally depriving a person of his or her statutory or constitutional rights. Intentional use of excessive force by law enforcement could violate the 4th Amendment’s protections against illegal search and seizure.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's not very often I cheer federal involvement but this is one of them. I'm surprised though, mostly because he ain't black nor do I believe guilty of a crime.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

The only Constitutional Right being threatened on this thread is the First Amendment Right to free speech if the cops on here had their way.

I know it must be frustrating to cops to transition from the real world - where you can demand that a man shut up, and hurt him if he doesn't - to the cyber world where you are powerless over anyone else.

Bullchit.......

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Waded through several more pages trying to catch up to see if there has been any more concrete updates, no real change.

The more I think about this, the more possibilities there seems to be..

One thing I would say is with regards Mr Yantis being called by the Dispatcher to deal with the bull.

That is fine, but regardless of what the Dispatcher requests, the scene itself would have been under control of one of the Deputies, and Mr Yantis should have followed his direction as what needed to be done and just as importantly, when.

One of the family members suggests the Deputies should have been trained to "de-escalate" situations which suggests there was a confrontation between the two parties before the actual shooting..

Maybe the Deputy no longer wanted Mr Yantis to shoot and recover the carcass at that point? Perhaps doing so may have (potentially) interfered with the rescue operation being carried out at the Subaru? Or for some other safety/liability reason?

From a family member of Mr Yantis, it also seems that its possible Mr Yantis had an AD when one of the Deputies yanked
his shoulder? So, the Deputies are then in the situation of a shot being fired following a previous confrontation?? The potential for the situation to go FUBAR is really looming at this point..

Regardless of how things actually went down, this definitely does not seem to be the Deputies finest hour.

Things appear to have gone from bad to worse, and were perhaps not helped by Mr Yantis..

For me, the Deputies have *a lot* of explaining to do about numerous aspects of their handling of this incident and I am glad the Attorney Generals Office and possibly the FBI are investigating this...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a step in the right direction but I'd fell allot better if the FBI/AG hadn't just given Lois Learner a pass.

That picture of the family standing by the roadside with those two grand kids that will never see their grandfather again is pretty gut wrenching. I'm not sure what's harder to do....look at that picture....or read all the childish squabbling on this thread.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 11/12/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

That picture of the family standing by the roadside with those two grand kids that will never see their grandfather again is pretty gut wrenching.

Yes, a very sad situation indeed, and one that should never have happened...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Is there even one person that believes that Mr.Yantis had any intention of harming anyone but the bull?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimy
Is there even one person that believes that Mr.Yantis had any intention of harming anyone but the bull?

Not me...but some jackass will be along shortly with some make believe BS theory.

Just give em a minute or two.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Great question. Some of the posting police will not answer this.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

no

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

That picture of the family standing by the roadside with those two grand kids that will never see their grandfather again is pretty gut wrenching.

Yes, a very sad situation indeed, and one that should never have happened...

Yep....the young boy (maybe 10-12yo) on the left looks like he has shell shock.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
And the longer the silence last the more deviate and unbelievable the excuses will be, at this point does anyone believe that video will be produced, or will we be told of some unforeseeable reason none exists?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toad

no

Not anymore, at least. Since everyone else has ideas about what might have happened, I'll throw one out.

Young, inexperienced deputy responds to a crash. People are hurt, trapped in cars and there's a giant injured bull on the side of the road. So he tries to shoot the thing, obviously in all the wrong places, and it just won't die. Now his nerves are fried. He's got the wreck to deal with, he just fired his gun for maybe the first time in a real situation, and the bull still isn't dead.

Then the rancher shows up. The rancher immediately flips out on him, shouting about wasted meat and the suffering bull and what a dumb young punk the cop is.

Words are exchanged and now we've got a full fledged pissing contest going on. The cop tells the rancher to get out of the crash scene and wait. Rancher walks away and sends for a rifle.

Deputy looks over a bit later and sees rancher with a rifle. Deputy grabs rancher by he shoulder and the gun accidentally discharges.

Deputy thinks "this crazy old coot is shooting at me!" and shoots him.

Wife and son-in-law rush toward the rancher, who is at the deputy's feet. Deputy thinks they're rushing at him for shooting the rancher and handcuffs them.

From the perspective of the rancher and his family the deputy is a murderer.

The deputy's perspective IN THE MOMENT THE RIFLE WENT OFF was that he was being shot at. The deputy's perspective now is likely that he made a terrible, terrible mistake.

My point being that this could all the the result of one terrible, awful misperception. A lot of mistakes led up to that misperception, no doubt, and likely a few spread around on both sides of the coin.

But not everything in life is the result of malice. Sometimes mistakes are made. That doesn't excuse the tragedy of what happened, but it can help explain how it happened.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 71 of 175 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.