Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 79 of 175 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 174 175
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You folks that are bitching about cops then bitching about so many FEDS are going to be bitching more when ALL cops come under the FEDS. That will fix everything and that is where it is headed.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
and that is where it is headed.

says who?

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
After today's Paris activities we can hope we have more feds. We're going to need them.

I wish that Idaho bull had stayed home.

Retired cat herder.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BFD
Originally Posted by Steelhead
and that is where it is headed.

says who?

Says me

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The FBI has investigated every officer involved shooting I know of.

So the FBI investigates every time a cop shoots somebody? Or am I missing something in what you're saying?

As far as I know. There are 36,000 FBI agents and a few hundred people killed by LE year, so it's not hard.
That's unreal. I had no idea there were 36k FBI. That's the standing army our forefathers warned us about right there, not even figuring in all the TSA.

And you can add to that total a whole schittload of park rangers, BLM rangers, and USFS rangers to whom Clinton issued pretty blue lights for their service vehicles and strapped guns onto thier hips in an effort to keep his election promise of adding X number of thousands of new police.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Federal police?

The U.S. Defense Logistics Agency Disposition Services (DLA) help the Department of Defense to dispose of its "excess property [...] from air conditioners to vehicles, clothing to computers" by "transfer to other federal agencies, or donation to state and local governments and other qualified organizations", as well as by "sale of surplus property".[7] Availability of surplus equipment has been facilitated by the reduced American presence in Iraq and Afghanistan.[4] The 1033 program is designed to specifically work with law enforcement agencies, like local police forces, school district police and others.

Material donated[edit]

From 1997 until 2014, $5.1 billion in military hardware were transferred from the Department of Defense to local American law enforcement agencies, according to DLA's "Law Enforcement Support Office" (LESO) and material worth $449 million was transferred in 2013 alone.[2][8] About a third of the equipment is new.[9] The most commonly obtained item from the 1033 program is ammunition. Other most commonly requested items include cold weather clothing, sand bags, medical supplies, sleeping bags, flashlights and electrical wiring.[10] The 1033 program also transfers office equipment such as fax machines, which many smaller police departments are unable to afford. The DLA also offers tactical armored vehicles, weapons, including grenade launchers, watercraft, and aircraft.[11][5]

Police departments[edit]

As of 2014, 8,000 local law enforcement agencies participate in the reutilization program.[2] Police departments are responsible for paying for shipment and storage of material acquired, but do not pay for the donation. The largest number of requests for material comes from small to mid-sized police departments who are unable to afford extra clothing, vehicles and weapons. The program gives smaller police departments access to material that larger police departments are usually able to afford without federal assistance. [12] A memorandum of agreement between the DLA and the states participating in 1033 requires, that local police forces use the military equipment within one year, or return it.[4] The rules allow police to dispose of or sell some goods after at least one year of usage.[13]

School districts[edit]

As of September 2014 more than twenty school district police agencies received military-grade equipment through the program.[14] The San Diego school district planned to return a military surplus vehicle after negative public reaction.[15]

Oversight[edit]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Quote--As of September 2014 more than twenty school district police agencies received military-grade equipment through the program

True,our school board found out the school police ordered 6 full auto rifles, not one of the guys had been trained in their use and no prior military in the 6 person force.

They had to send them back and Chief lost his job as he had to move on.
School board was pissed on this one.
2,500 hundred people in this little town.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True,our school board found out the school police ordered 6 full auto rifles, not one of the guys had been trained in their use and no prior military in the 6 person force.

That is a lot of the problem, and the clause where they must use a lot of this equipment within a year. Small police departments do not need military grade equipment, nor do a lot of the big ones. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Why would anybody give a fugk if a rifle was semi-auto or full auto?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
And why on earth does a town of 2500 have a police force at the school?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Quote--As of September 2014 more than twenty school district police agencies received military-grade equipment through the program

How much did the six full sutos cost?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

And "small police departments who can't afford a fax machine" probably just need to go away.

And "sleeping bags" being among the most wanted items is a tip off as well.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Here is another example of a big city cop working for rural counties with there way or the highway approach.This was in neighboring Valley county that connects to Adams county.

A Valley County man, who said he was roughed up by McCall Police during a traffic stop in July 2011, was paid $14,500 by the City of McCall's insurance carrier.

This morning's McCall Star News reports that 79-year-old Rodney Whaley filed the claim following the incident, in which he said he was "forcefully seized by the arms and slammed to the hood of a police car, causing him to lose consciousness." Whaley was taken by ambulance to St. Luke's Hospital in McCall and was later booked into the Valley County Jail for resisting and obstructing officers. The charges were later dismissed.

The Star News said Whaley claimed to have suffered four bruised ribs and later developed pneumonia and a staph infection.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They seem to always charge anybody they beat up, and "resisting arrest" is the logical charge.

Then..... they have to charge them with SOMETHING to justify the arrest that they claim was resisted.

The idea is to get it in the local news since first impressions are important.

The later dropping of the charges is not "newsworthy".

The 79 YO man is known as a "perp" by the campfire cops.

Do you know if the cop was "thrown under the bus" in this incident.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Do you know if the cop was "thrown under the bus" in this incident.

He was for sure..I believe he was fresh out of POST to be fare because he was still taking some training earlier that year in Meridian.In his 30's roughing up a 79 year old guy..Geez..

I just don't get the "attitude" some officers have such as what happened to Jack..The head deputy could just as easily let Jack do what he was summoned by the dispatcher to do and it would have been over and the bull dispatched and taken off the public highway..Done and know fuss since this wasn't Jacks first rodeo dispatching an animal hit by a car.

I wonder who is responsible for the bull now..The Subaru driver or the county for drilling it multiple times with there firearms.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

In today's world anything can happen, anywhere I guess. Of course this is the suburbs of Fort Worth so we are close to the bad guys.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Wtxj

How much did the six full sutos cost?

Free----from the feds. They had to figure out how to return them.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Betting those Paris killers were all Syrian cops.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Someone on Facebook is saying that it is the same officer that got fired from the McCall PD.That would not surprise me as I know more than one that went to Adams county as deputies from the McCall PD.

Another said I new it about it being the same officer...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by logcutter
Someone on Facebook is saying that it is the same officer that got fired from the McCall PD.That would not surprise me as I know more than one that went to Adams county as deputies from the McCall PD.

Another said I new it about it being the same officer...

If this turns out to be true I hope it shines a light on the practice of firing a cop from one force only to be hired by another.

If a cop is fired for actions such as this, they should be banned from ever wearing a badge.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 79 of 175 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1936M71, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,473
Posts18,489,910
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.