Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I've said this before. You have got to be the most humorless man to ever frequent this forum.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I've said this before. You have got to be the most humorless man to ever frequent this forum.
Indeed, I am a dour, humorless sort. All business. Picture Cotton Mather but well fed and with a taste for fine wristwatches. No mullets here.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
I'm trying to come to grips with the Muslim mentality as well

I was thinking this morning - what religion has people believing they should blow themselves up taking out as many people as possible in the process

and I'm trying to differentiate that from peaceful Muslims who believe that Muslims cannot kill innocents.

But then I think about Christianity - and blowing up abortion clinics , killing abortion doctors, protesting at funerals of soldiers - and no one within Christianity (or outside for the most part) believes that all of Christianity should be lumped in with these extremists.

That said, it makes no sense whatsoever to increase your chances of a domestic terrorist attack by allowing thousands of muslims who really have no desire to assimilate and are only escaping war to relocate in your country.

You should not even hint at any equivalence between the two religions if you want to make an accurate and even handed statement. And I don't think you meant to.

But the numbers of these "Christians" who did these outrageous things is infinitesimally small compared to the jihadists, and the number of abortion doctors murdered is even at a greater disparity with the number of people worldwide that radical Islamists have murdered.

Nor do Christians circumcise, suppress, and stone women, rape little boys as a part of their culture, and follow a book that condones a totalitarian caliphate under Shar'ia law. In fact Christians founded the first hospitals, promoted higher education, and raised women from third class citizens, from some place just behind goats.

To your final point, the incidents in Paris show that a terrorist can and will come in as a refugee and this president has done nothing,..nothing, over the last seven years to make one think they could believe him when he says they will be adequately screened.

I think James Buchanaan is finally relieved in his grave...as he has been supplanted as this nation's worst president. This guy can't even act presidential.

the whole point was that there are extremists in both religions who warp the teachings of their religion to fit a purpose.

if the point you want to make is that muslims on the whole are buying into the ideas that are expressed by the radicals, so be it. That is a discussion that is on point.

There is no equivalence in my statement - I'm trying to point out that Christians don't claim extremists who say they are acting on Christian beliefs and I'm trying to gather if Muslims on the whole reject extremists who say they are acting on Muslim beliefs.

I realize now some people have the ability to comprehend that

others don't.

The problem with your moral equivalitist post is the compaction of time to fit within that narrow and misguided scope.

Yes, the Westboro Baptist and World Church of the Creator type bunches are as close to a Christian ISIS as we have right now and given the numbers and ability, they'd try their damnedest to do exactly what ISIS is doing. However, those bunches of lunatics have not (yet) hijacked an entire religion and have not had about a millenia of control of the same. In the Middle East, the nutjob Islamic equivalents of Westboro Baptist/WCC have been calling the shots, and killing their opposition, for over a thousand years and they control the entire belief system.

Therein lie very important differences. Deal with the nutcases in control first and worry about the nutcases on the fringe later.
I have no use whatsoever for the Westies, but they have NEVER set off a bomb, shot anybody or beheaded somebody. They are mainly just attention-whores who love to play the victim. They have never displayed any tendencies towards physical violence at all that I'm aware of.

If you are looking for Christian terrorist, you will not find many at all in modern America. Best you look in some primitive place like Rwanda.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, yes, I do.

Here's an example of both:

Your post proved me correct.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
When was the last time we had a Spanish Inquisition in the US?

The Mexican inquisition went until the 1820's and burned people to death in what is now San Diego.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

The Mexican inquisition went until the 1820's and burned people to death in what is now San Diego.
Burning people to death, torture, and such was more about political/cultural conformity than about the Christian faith. It's certainly contrary to anything taught in the New Testament. Can't say that for the Koran.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Ringman
the whole point was that there are extremists in both religions who warp the teachings of their religion to fit a purpose

A Christian extremist is one who turns the other cheek if struck. an extremist Christian is one who loves even his enemies.

What you describe is not extremist Christian. What you have described it Christianity as taught by the author and finisher of our faith.

Christianity has been operating abnormally for so long that normal Christianity appears extreme.

I speak this even to my shame.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

There is a difference in things done in the name of the church and things done in the name of Christ.

Things done contrary to the teaching of Christ and the Apostles are not Christian.

This is a fundamental flaw in your logic, and it is one that I doubt you will overcome.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

There is a difference in things done in the name of the church and things done in the name of Christ.

Things done contrary to the teaching of Christ and the Apostles are not Christian.

This is a fundamental flaw in your logic, and it is one that I doubt you will overcome.

I made a simple statement of fact, not a logical argument.

The flaw in logic is yours.

Either way those people are still dead.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
One might be able to claim that not all Muslims are terrorists, but it is undeniable that nearly all terrorists are Muslim.

That is the way I see it!

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I don't really want to get into a debate on the bible versus the Koran

I think its safe to say that in both cases, the extremists distort the word of their holy book to fit their agenda.

I'm just trying to resist the urge to lump all Muslims into the same class of people and see them all as a threat.

Its an urge that I have to fight every time I see this sort of thing (Alla Ahkbar) happening in the world

Lieutenant General, William G. Boykin helped me with the same issue.

He said, "Islam is a totalitarian regime with a religious element."

Think on that a while. It helped me wrap my mind around some things.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted By KFWA
I don't really want to get into a debate on the bible versus the Koran

I think its safe to say that in both cases, the extremists distort the word of their holy book to fit their agenda.

I'm just trying to resist the urge to lump all Muslims into the same class of people and see them all as a threat.

Its an urge that I have to fight every time I see this sort of thing (Alla Ahkbar) happening in the world

Ignorance is bliss, but nievity should be a crime.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Glen Beck published a book earlier this year titled " It is about Islam" Pretty good read, looking back on the history of the Muslims and there relationship with the rest of the World since the time of Mohammed.
Also goes into detail about the plan that these "radical" Muslims laid out in 2000, along with their time table of events for the next 20 years. So far, they are right on schedule!
The plan, of course, is how they are going to destabilize and take over the World, everyone converts to Islam or dies.
I don't think we have much time to waste. I shudder just thinking about another year under Obama, and am still dumbfounded how our Congress and Senate, and the American people as a whole, have allowed this to continue.
Have we become that complacent? Indifferent?
Or have we become a Nation of lambs, awaiting the slaughter?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 338Rem
But it's not a religion...just politics.

Muslims are at war with the world. The world is like that kid in school that won't fight back. Just a whole lot of pussies in this country who will use any excuse to not fight back when attacked.

Could it be any clearer to people that Barak Obama is a traitor? And yet he still has all this support-and is moving more support in every day in the form of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS from Mexico and Jihadists from the Middle East while we sit around watching Dancing with the Stars and wondering what Bruce Jenner is going to get cut off next.

Good post Ethan.

Damn strait!

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That didn't answer the question. That wasn't the USA.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Originally Posted by 338Rem
But it's not a religion...just politics.

Muslims are at war with the world. The world is like that kid in school that won't fight back. Just a whole lot of pussies in this country who will use any excuse to not fight back when attacked.

Could it be any clearer to people that Barak Obama is a traitor? And yet he still has all this support-and is moving more support in every day in the form of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS from Mexico and Jihadists from the Middle East while we sit around watching Dancing with the Stars and wondering what Bruce Jenner is going to get cut off next.

Good post Ethan.

Damn strait!
Thanks y'all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ignorance is bliss, but nievity should be a crime.

I saw where some chick wrote that on facebook. I think she was talking about Justin Bieber. She spelled naivete right though.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
there are good Muslims...

French Police arranged 8 or 9 of them in Paris to turn into Good Muslims earlier this week...

I hope the men are enjoying their 72 virgin guys....

so does that mean according to the Koran that the chick that blew herself up has to service 72 virgin guys?

that doesn't seem like a good deal, does it?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by tjm10025
A Christian extremist is one who turns the other cheek if struck.

A Quaker would turn the other cheek.

A Christian extremist - in fact, most of the Christians here - would pound the living dog [bleep] out of you.
Why? Because of some internet post?? Rediculous! You speak for yourself, poorly. Anyone, of any religion, who would do what you suggest over speech would not be very American, given most hold 1A as a God given right.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (204guy, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 222ND, 160user, 46 invisible), 13,210 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,128
Posts18,542,363
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.