Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Ozarker Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
If elected. What would Trump do that would make him a bad president? I mean...what would he do worse than the last 4 potus'?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I think that's a lot of his appeal right now. The bar has been set so low by recent presidents that the mentality is "anything but the establishment candidate". We've seen over the last few administrations that there is minimal difference between republicans and democrats when it comes to governing. Taxes go up, government gets bigger, and rights get restricted no matter whether it's a R or D in charge. Swapping in another Bush or Clinton and expecting different results is a fool's errand. It can't really get any worse than it is now so what have we got to lose by electing Trump?

O
Ozarker Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I think that's a lot of his appeal right now. The bar has been set so low by recent presidents that the mentality is "anything but the establishment candidate". We've seen over the last few administrations that there is minimal difference between republicans and democrats when it comes to governing. Taxes go up, government gets bigger, and rights get restricted no matter whether it's a R or D in charge. Swapping in another Bush or Clinton and expecting different results is a fool's errand. It can't really get any worse than it is now so what have we got to lose by electing Trump?

Pretty much my thoughts. If you want change, try something different...much different. He seems sick of alot of the things many people are sick of, and ain't afraid to say it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Better question which would generate tiny list is what would make him a good president? Has he provided any substantive ideas how he intends to improve things instead of saying it's going to be great you will see?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the potential reasons could be pretty long.

However electing Trump may reverse the death grip that big money and RINOs have on the GOP

That or he may be so divisive that he kills off the GOP and a new party emerges

I'll be voting for him should he get the nod and hopes that he just sets up a wrecking ball on the GOP.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Karl Rove forced into exile.

I do believe Trump will end up surrounding himself with people that would keep his actions in check.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/30/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why would Trump NOT make a good prez?

He's a natural blond.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Not a statesman, foot in mouth problem. Nothing about him says harmony. This even though I agree with many things he says. Rubio or Cruz would fill the position better. The two would make a great team. I think Cruz would consider the nation first quicker than than the others. Would rather see Cruz on the Supreme Court. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The lackeys and suits he will bring with him are NOT thinkers. Kind of like what happened with Boooosh. Blown opportunity.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek
Better question which would generate tiny list is what would make him a good president? Has he provided any substantive ideas how he intends to improve things instead of saying it's going to be great you will see?

Trump's main appeal is that he is the anti-progressive fascist. He doesn't let PC or progressive fascism stop him from doing what's best for the country.

The best examples of this are Tyrant Obama the Liar's refusal to enforce our immigration laws, his importation of thousands of terrorists from Syria, his agreement to help Iran build nuclear weapons and ICBMs to deliver them and ObamaCare. Trump would do his best to kill everyone of these Obama disasters.

[Linked Image from ]
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Not a statesman, foot in mouth problem. Nothing about him says harmony.

So called statesmen are what have brought us to the edge of the cliff we're at now. There's far too much harmony in Washington D.C. now, they bicker a little for the television audience then slap each other on the back on the golf course the day after they agree to drive us farther into bankruptcy. I'm sick of harmony in Washington D.C., harmony is destroying us.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
good lord amighty, I'm against established politicians in spades.

but a loud mouth, ego centric like Trump doesn't make me excited for our country's future.

with that said, yes he's an improvement over HRC, Sanders or the POS in there currently

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Why would Michael Jordan NOT make a good quarterback in the NFL?

The skills in one arena do not transfer to another arena.

Trumps best skill is promoting the Trump brand. That is his core business.

I would prefer a governor with a good conservative record.

That leaves big government Jeb and Kasich.

Walker and Perry are gone. The only guy with a chance and some governmental experience is Rubio (speaker of the Florida house).

His immigration bill damaged him, but he has serious foreign policy chops.

Back to Trump. He is the populist version of Obama. All show, no proven political skills. And Trump is far more liberal than Jeb.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA
I think the potential reasons could be pretty long.

However electing Trump may reverse the death grip that big money and RINOs have on the GOP

That or he may be so divisive that he kills off the GOP and a new party emerges

I'll be voting for him should he get the nod and hopes that he just sets up a wrecking ball on the GOP.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Karl Rove forced into exile.

I do believe Trump will end up surrounding himself with people that would keep his actions in check.

I second that idea. Kinda like President Reagan did. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The "my way or the highway" attitude may work when you are president of a company but it will not work when you are President of the United States

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "my way or the highway" attitude may work when you are president of a company but it will not work when you are President of the United States

Where have you been the last seven years!? That's Obama's way of governing!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trading in one Narcissist in Chief for another one has a lot of disadvantages.

Add to that the fact there is almost nothing he holds as sacred and non-negotiable and you have a freaking disaster brewing. He might be the preferred pick of coastal Republicans who think accepting things like federal regulation of in-state firearms sales are perfectly fine, but to an actual small government Conservative he'll be a nightmare.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Narcissism is a pre req for POTUS

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ringman

Where have you been the last seven years!? That's Obama's way of governing!

Yes, and it has not really been working out for him either. Obama has thrown a few tantrums when he has not gotten his way, but they were nothing compared to what Trump would do.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would bet a bunch that many Repubs will sit this one out if Trump is the choice, which will obviously give it away. On the other hand, the Dork in Cheese won the hearts of most of the Demos and stole a bunch of the Repubos who thought they had to prove something by voting based on race or whatever. Trump is not good news. That's my assessment.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Interesting that you elected a man that no one knows really that much about, and now you have a man running that is an American by birth and heritage, has a known track record and loves his country, and has proven skills and ability to hire a good team, and yet they still think Obama was a good president.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,227
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.