-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 95 of 175 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hear OJ is going to look for the killer until he dies. I feel pretty good about that. I trust him.

LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Only that the lynch mob apparently takes over a month to saddle their horses.

It took a month for the public to ferret out information that should have been made public by a number of authorities within one news cycle.

A lynch mob may be what it takes to break that thin blue line. When the pressure from the people becomes high enough that the brothers in blue will throw one of their own under the bus to save their own sorry skin.
This and the fact that I have seen no lynch mob being formed due to posts on this thread, but now I and some others will probably be condemned for just sitting around "bitching" or "whining" (pick your own negative description) instead of doing something.

After the recent actions of the ISP in another investigation I think many who are skeptical of their impartial involvement in this situation are not off base.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
LOL! IDGAF what you think of me being fat, are somehow offended that I didn't recommend a Pedersoli over a Shiloh or don't like my choice in hats. You and some others on here think it's cute to spread misinformation about people and then gig others for "trolling". I guess some like to stick to what they do best.

Actually, I didn't opine on your weight. Appreciate your information on the perdersoli, didn't appreciate you [bleep] on the pic thread with an insult on Jstuart, thought the pedersoli comments were appropo under the circumstances.

As for trolling, I'm just trying to get someone to tell me that anyone that believes in due process is a POS.

Seriously, the whole time been asking for equal treatment of all parties, fair and equal disclosure, a complete investigation, all available facts and not conjecture, and if need be, a vigorous prosecution.

Does that mean POS to you as well?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Actually when we knew the names and dirt on the Scum bag deputies all the others here whose nature it is to defend scumbags in uniform told us to quit speculating.

We just quit speculating...now comes the part of the thread where the cops and groupies deny and obscure their previous stance.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I hear OJ is going to look for the killer until he dies. I feel pretty good about that. I trust him.
Personally I think that OJ watched the old Nevada Smith movie on late night cable and got inspired to get himself thrown in the joint so he can continue his search for Nicole's killer in the big house.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
It took a month for the public to ferret out information that should have been made public by a number of authorities within one news cycle.

A lynch mob may be what it takes to break that thin blue line. When the pressure from the people becomes high enough that the brothers in blue will throw one of their own under the bus to save their own sorry skin.

Meanwhile, the body of Jack Yantis 'lies mouldering in the grave'. He didn't go out to shoot any deputies, no trial needed to establish that Fact. Sheriff Zollman should have been out in front of this whole mess by now, he's playing catch-up and his career as a sheriff is all over except for the crying.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
~

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 12/01/15.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Due process? Like the deputies gave Mr. Yantis? Like they afforded Mrs. Yantis? Like Brian Wood afforded the 79 year old man 4 years ago? Like folks like you afforded Mr. Yantis' reputation?

Our speaking out on this subject and our anger at the abuse of power and force in NO way usurps due process.

You are a POS because you can't or won't see the difference. You're a POS because you want to stifle free speech under s false pretense.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Consider this: Sheriff Zollman works within his budget ($15/hr) to hire deputies. He's not getting the cream-of-the-crop as far as applicants go. In fact, he has to eventually hire somebody to fill a vacancy. If Brian "I'm a sniper!!" Wood was the best he could find to hire, just think of all of the applicants that he Did Not hire, now that's a scary thought.

Looking at the Adams co sheriffs office pay scale the deputies make more than 15/hr. The base salary for entry level deputies was $36,000 I believe. In any case they have enough money to buy a "sniper rifle" and night force scope....

I guess a cop can only not murder people or break laws if they are paid more.

Assuming the $36,000 per anum holds water!

36,000 divided by 52 weeks divided by 40 hours yields $17.30/hour.

If a bit of that is overtime to cover shifts when another deputy is sick or on vacation, or in court, or if the deputy is working nights and also has to make a court appearance that same day. That could well knock the pay scale back to or even below the stated $15.00/hr.

$15.00 per hour is entry level wage at the corp. I work, a 75 minute drve from Council. That is what we pay the guys to wash down the floors or sweep. They _get a darned nice benifits package as well including ten paid holidays per year, great health insurance, sick pay, and vacation.

But low pay is no excuse for being an azzhole on or off the job.

If the pay is not right, go where it is. Unless, of course, your record precludes you from being hired anywhere else!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If the pay is not right, go where it is. Unless, of course, your record precludes you from being hired anywhere else!

And THAT it would seem, would take us right down to the solid, seamy and sordid nitty gritty of this lamentable fiasco.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

Just trying to determine if its because of my faith in the criminal justice system that I am a POS, that's all.

How much faith in the criminal justice system did you have after OJ Simpson's acquittal in his criminal trial for Nicole Brown's murder?

You know , there are STILL a lot of "RIP Brian Terry" bumper sticker, and rear window decals to be seen around this part of the world.

It's looking back with complete satisfaction, fondness, and starry eyed gushiness that I remember the way the "Justice System" handled the F&F "Operation,....carried out by a particularly upright and ethical crowd.

THAT is what gives me such overwhelming faith in the "criminal justice system",....

I mean I'm so HAPPY with it,..... I could just schitt.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by RWE

Just trying to determine if its because of my faith in the criminal justice system that I am a POS, that's all.

How much faith in the criminal justice system did you have after OJ Simpson's acquittal in his criminal trial for Nicole Brown's murder?

You know , there are STILL a lot of "RIP Brian Terry" bumper sticker, and rear window decals to be seen around this part of the world.

It's looking back with complete satisfaction, fondness, and starry eyed gushiness that I remember the way the "Justice System" handled the F&F "Operation,....carried out by a particularly upright and ethical crowd.

THAT is what gives me such overwhelming faith in the "criminal justice system",....

I mean I'm so HAPPY with it,..... I could just schitt.

GTC
My bowels are moving as I type this.

Another thing that bears mentioning again is the treatment of Mrs. Yantis. I got no words...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
]How much faith in the criminal justice system did you have after OJ Simpson's acquittal in his criminal trial for Nicole Brown's murder?

More than I did before.

OJ was innocent.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

And THAT it would seem, would take us right down to the solid, seamy and sordid nitty gritty of this lamentable fiasco.

A few years ago I had a conversation with my county commissioner (North Texas) and he allowed how being a deputy was a job of last resort if you couldn't find any other line of work. He was referring to the 1930's/1940's/1950's. I asked my Mother (Oklahoma) her opinion of this and she emphatically agreed.

There's good sheriff departments, bad sheriff departments, and sheriff departments that should be shut down yesterday....

Last edited by gonehuntin; 12/01/15.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
A few years ago I had a conversation with my county commissioner (North Texas) and he allowed how being a deputy was a job of last resort if you couldn't find any other line of work. He was referring to the 1930's/1940's/1950's. I asked my Mother (Oklahoma) her opinion of this and she emphatically agreed.

There's good sheriff departments, bad sheriff departments, and sheriff departments that should be shut down yesterday....

Your Mom was absolutely correct. Most people can not be trusted with the power of the vote.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
To be fair and balanced(laughing) the officers dad and lawyer speaks out...

One of the sheriff’s deputies involved in the shooting death of an Adams County rancher on Nov. 1 told his father that he believes his actions that night were justified — and that “God never intended for man to kill another man.”

The family is hurting on our side, the family is hurting on their side. There’s no good that comes out of this,” Steve Wood said. “The fallout from this is more severe than I thought, and the threat is higher than I thought.”

Wood said his son did not confide in him about specifics of what happened. Still, he believes public opinion will shift dramatically when all of the facts surrounding the incident come to light. “The first to bring an accusation is always thought right until the facts are known,” he said.

Wood wants his son to consider other career options rather than stay in law enforcement, but said Brian Wood intends to stay with the sheriff’s office.

“He totally intends to go back to work,” Wood said.

“I do not think it appropriate for either of the deputies involved to publicly comment on the incident until the investigation is completed,” Dinius told the Statesman. “Suffice it to say, we have reviewed the Yantis family members’ version of events and they are not accurate in numerous material respects.”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by logcutter

One of the sheriff’s deputies involved in the shooting death of an Adams County rancher on Nov. 1 told his father that he believes his actions that night were justified — and that “God never intended for man to kill another man.”

The family is hurting on our side, the family is hurting on their side. There’s no good that comes out of this,” Steve Wood said. “The fallout from this is more severe than I thought, and the threat is higher than I thought.”

Wood said his son did not confide in him about specifics of what happened. Still, he believes public opinion will shift dramatically when all of the facts surrounding the incident come to light. “The first to bring an accusation is always thought right until the facts are known,” he said.

Wood wants his son to consider other career options rather than stay in law enforcement, but said Brian Wood intends to stay with the sheriff’s office.

“I do not think it appropriate for either of the deputies involved to publicly comment on the incident until the investigation is completed,” Dinius told the Statesman. “Suffice it to say, we have reviewed the Yantis family members’ version of events and they are not accurate in numerous material respects.”

What are you laughing about?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The one big question seems to be, How many cops does it take to turn on a video camera?

Or maybe how many it takes to know if any one knows how to turn one on?

Of course we all know that nothing ever happens to incriminating police video so.....

Just give us a year or so and we will gladly tell you what we said happened, trust us..........

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by logcutter

What are you laughing about?

The only thing missing is the part about him being an aspiring rapper and how he was just getting his life together .......

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimy

The only thing missing is the part about him being an aspiring rapper and how he was just getting his life together .......

That's a little harsh. He was probably just an addled old fella that let stress get the best of him.

Page 95 of 175 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.