Hop To
Page 96 of 175 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 174 175
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That's a little harsh. He was probably just an addled old fella that let stress get the best of him.

I did not think either of the deputies were old enough to merit that description.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by jimy

The only thing missing is the part about him being an aspiring rapper and how he was just getting his life together .......

That's a little harsh. He was probably just an addled old fella that let stress get the best of him.

Both deputies were fairly young so I think you're off base there but you are correct in that the cops weren't cut out to handle the stress.

They sure do like to play G.I Joe dress up though.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by RWE

Just trying to determine if its because of my faith in the criminal justice system that I am a POS, that's all.

How much faith in the criminal justice system did you have after OJ Simpson's acquittal in his criminal trial for Nicole Brown's murder?

You know , there are STILL a lot of "RIP Brian Terry" bumper sticker, and rear window decals to be seen around this part of the world.

It's looking back with complete satisfaction, fondness, and starry eyed gushiness that I remember the way the "Justice System" handled the F&F "Operation,....carried out by a particularly upright and ethical crowd.

THAT is what gives me such overwhelming faith in the "criminal justice system",....

I mean I'm so HAPPY with it,..... I could just schitt.

GTC
My bowels are moving as I type this.

Another thing that bears mentioning again is the treatment of Mrs. Yantis. I got no words...

I am sorry that the OJ trial didn't turn out the way you wanted.

Sorry that the President and administration has [bleep] the Brian Terry event.

Not sorry for the otherwise million times a day, nationwide that the system, even at the lowest levels, works.

I understand how the Terry event is integral in the lives of southwestern people and would therefore guide their level of angst,

But for the life of me, I wonder if you actually dated Nicole, in order to cite the trial so frequently (although it appears you have since deleted your post).

You know, re Mrs. Yantis, putting an old lady on the ground for no reason is really reprehensible, IMO. Anyone doing so, unjustified, should be prosecuted, tried, and if convicted, sentenced to the fullest extent of the law. If jailed, the person should be ass raped in gen-pop.

(I received an pm that said that unless I agreed with folks more, I will continue to be called names and ridiculed, so I hope that helps)

Hope your bowel movement went OK, EE.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pat,

Re: the old guy video.

What does one do with a non-compliant 80 year-old?

What legal authority does a Cop have to require you to return to your vehicle and what offense have you committed if you do not?

If you let the irate old guy roam around out there and he gets run over are you liable?

Does department policy ALLOW you any leeway in how you react to such non-compliance?

I gotta say, listening to the old guy video I didn't hear a Cop gleefully roughing up an old guy, sounded more like a Cop not knowing what else to do but apply force. Maybe he had no options I dunno.

I'll bet if he woulda just stood there with the old guy for five or ten minutes more than 'three seconds' and let him vent, and then patiently explain why he pulled him over things woulda gone different tho.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
hey mike i'll be in SA next tuesday and maybe wens. doing a job i'll give you a call.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cool beans! Turns out next week is a slower week at work.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gotta say, listening to the old guy video I didn't hear a Cop gleefully roughing up an old guy, sounded more like a Cop not knowing what else to do but apply force. Maybe he had no options I dunno.

And there is the problem. I remember well the day the Des Arc city police detained us for a while for riding in the stock trailer with some pigs. Lost the insert in the trailer gate on the way home from a sale, and one bred gilt had already fallen/jumped out. Scuffed her up and she later aborted the pigs, but she lived. Policeman did not like us acting as a gate. Took over an hour to convince him that we had no option. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The sheriff is wanting them back on the job now!

Adams County Sheriff Ryan Zollman said Tuesday that he’s relying on the county’s insurer to help determine the timeline for the return of two deputies involved in the fatal shooting of rancher Jack Yantis.

“When they tell me they’re good to go,” Zollman said. “Some come back quicker, some come back later. I’m not sure what other agencies use as a guideline. I’m using ICRMP (Idaho Counties Risk Management Program) as my source. They haven’t given me any idea.”

Extra patrols were put at their homes after Yantis’ death. One lives in Adams County and the other in Valley County. Previous reports that the deputies left their homes due to safety concerns were incorrect, Zollman said.

He said he hopes that any threats against him and the deputies are hollow, but he’s taking extra precautions.

“I sleep with shotgun by the door and a pistol on the headboard. Those are the realities of my life,” said Zollman.

He said he has no second thoughts about running for re-election next year.

I feel for the residents of Council and Adams county...

Picture of the two deputies via Idaho Statesman paper.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by logcutter; 12/01/15.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"I understand how the Terry event is integral in the lives of southwestern people and would therefore guide their level of angst,"

I think the above comment sums up your smartassed attitude. It illustrates the general frivolity with which you seem to take things like the death of an apparently decent and productive man and the general decline of peacekeeping in this country. To summarize the post I deleted because I realized afterwards you were talking about a completely different thread than this one...it also illustrates how it is rich you worrying about somebody messing up your own thread about beautiful Carolina sunsets.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by milespatton

And there is the problem. I remember well the day the Des Arc city police detained us for a while for riding in the stock trailer with some pigs. Lost the insert in the trailer gate on the way home from a sale, and one bred gilt had already fallen/jumped out. Scuffed her up and she later aborted the pigs, but she lived. Policeman did not like us acting as a gate. Took over an hour to convince him that we had no option. miles

Dropping a pig in the road will make anybody following a trifle nervous.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Well after watching that dash cam video.. now I know why the paid a 14,000 dollar settlement

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I understand how the Terry event is integral in the lives of southwestern people and would therefore guide their level of angst,"

I think the above comment sums up your smartassed attitude. It illustrates the general frivolity with which you seem to take things like the death of an apparently decent and productive man and the general decline of peacekeeping in this country. To summarize the post I deleted because I realized afterwards you were talking about a completely different thread than this one...it also illustrates how it is rich you worrying about somebody messing up your own thread about beautiful Carolina sunsets.

So, you attribute spontaneously calling a man "kangaroo [bleep]" as simply "messing up a sunset thread". Pretty frivolous.

Seems you are trying to say I have no respect for Terry with your gratuitous "decent and productive" statement. I got a litany of correspondence with Senator Burr, then Senator Hagan, now Senator Tillis, and Rep Hudson about Fast & Furious and the border issue. Considering my level of frustration, I assume the folks on the border are considerably more angered, especially since I DON'T KNOW everything going on there, so how can I judge exactly their level of frustration? Eh, son?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

So, you attribute calling a man "kangaroo [bleep]" as simply "messing up a sunset thread". Pretty frivolous.

Seems you are trying to say I have no respect for Terry with your gratuitous "decent and productive" statement. I got a litany of correspondence with Senator Burr, then Senator Hagan, now Senator Tillis, and Rep Hudson about Fast & Furious and the border issue. Considering my level of frustration, I assume the folks on the border are considerably more angered, especially since I DON'T KNOW everything going on there, so how can I judge exactly their level of frustration? Eh, son?

I have no idea what you actually think of the F&F fiasco but given your history of being a smartass one could certainly assume your commentary was sarcastic.

I don't recall calling Stuart "Kangarooshit" but it's an accurate description Gramps.

And fwiw I doubt that Stuart gaf.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 12/01/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Pat,

Re: the old guy video.

What does one do with a non-compliant 80 year-old?

What legal authority does a Cop have to require you to return to your vehicle and what offense have you committed if you do not?

If you let the irate old guy roam around out there and he gets run over are you liable?

Does department policy ALLOW you any leeway in how you react to such non-compliance?

I'll bet if he woulda just stood there with the old guy for five or ten minutes more than 'three seconds' and let him vent, and then patiently explain why he pulled him over things woulda gone different tho.

Birdwatcher

Did you hear any deescalation employed by the paid police professional? Maybe something like this "Mr. Smith, I am a little bit worried about the traffic here, so could you help me keep things safe by waiting in your car please sir?"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Well after watching that dash cam video.. now I know why the paid a 14,000 dollar settlement
Why?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Did you hear any deescalation employed by the paid police professional? Maybe something like this "Mr. Smith, I am a little bit worried about the traffic here, so could you help me keep things safe by waiting in your car please sir?"

Not in the excerpts provided.

I don't believe that is the whole video.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doing 35 in a 25 mph zone...... the old bastard needed a whuppin'.

Badge heavy cops are cowards at heart and when they paint themselves into a corner by issuing orders, enforcing that order becomes paramount in their mind. There is no re-consideration as to how necessary the order actually is, or how serious a circumstance the failure to comply actually would create.

I said from the git-go that this "failure to obey" would be the extent of Mr. Yantis's transgressions unless you count a "F U" as justification for murder.

Upon first reading of the account of Mr Yantis's death AND the treatment of his wife, the only proper emotion for a real man is "outrage".

Any "feeling", any "thought", aside from outrage marks a man as cowardly as these two deputies in my opinion.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What would have been proper procedure in that case? Wood did say that it was for his safety. Not trying to be a smart ass, I'd just like to know and not necessarily from you Paul.

Looks like they were pulled over in a parking lot.

IMO, when a cop asks you to get back in the car, you get back in the car.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Page 96 of 175 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (1936M71, 007FJ, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.