Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 99 of 175 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm just waiting for the beer summit.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Coast Guard?

Yessir!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

There’s not much to see on the Dash-cam footage provided to our newsroom by the McCall Police Department, but the audio is compelling. Below is some of the transcript.

Wood: "Go and have a seat in the car."

Whaley: "What do I look like? A crook?"

Wood: "Sir, I'm telling you to go sit in your car.
I'm not telling you you look like a crook, just go sit down in your car."

Whaley: "I resent your attitude young man."

Wood: "Sir, I'm not giving you any attitude, but I'm not giving you any option.
Go sit down in your car right now."

Whaley: "Yes. You're giving me an option because I didn't do anything wrong."

Wood: "Go to your car right now. Sir, right now. I'm not asking."

Whaley: "I'm 80 years old, and I don't like your attitude."

Wood: "I can arrest you or you can go to your car.
It's up to you right now. You have three seconds to decide."

Whaley: "Okay, arrest me."
Wood: "Okay."

On the video, the incident continues to escalate.

Whaley: "Let go of me! Let go of me!"

Wood: "Sir, sir, I'm not going to let go. I don't want to hurt you. Sir, stop."

Whaley: "Let go of me. Let go of me."

Whaley sued Wood, and the McCall Police Department after the incident, claiming excessive force.

Whaley: "call the EMTs."

Wood: The EMTs is called. You're still resisting. You're telling me you have medical trouble, and yet you can still fight me. Put your hands behind your back.

Whaley: "You young little whippersnappers, who do you think you are? Huh? Who do you think you are?"

Wood: "I'm a police officer, I've given you an order, it’s for my safety and you have to obey it."

I think Wood asked him 6 times to go sit in his car (maybe only 5 depending on how you read it). Wood's tone in the audio was not what I was expecting. I expected him to be a smart azz, sounded calm and like he was trying to get Whaley to cooperate as best he could. Again, can't see how he was treating the guy physically but doesn't sound like a beat down....

Everything I'm hearing about the rancher incident sounds like the cops are at fault, but I've only heard one side. Waiting to hear the cops' side before I throw them under the bus.

Right? I've had harsher first date conversations. Of course the above should get Curdog and gang all saddled up to get some frontier justice.

32 days and counting, still lots of talk, but no action from the lynch mob.

Surprising, NO.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Coast Guard?

Yessir!

Which as we know is JUST like being a Detroit cop.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I spent 20 years in federal LE and some time as a reserve deputy as well. I developed a reputation of being very good at gaining verbal compliance. Here's why. I didn't always expect blind obedience. I was humble enough to accept that my fellow countryman, a freeman, would sometimes want to question authority. In fact I kinda expected it from a fellow American. In many situations (the subject traffic stop included) the tactical situation allows a little soft handing and deescalation. You know, a little Andy Griffith. Consequently, he was my professional role model. If cops aren't willing to entertain a little passive questioning of their authority, they are in the wrong position and out of touch with the patriotic spirit of this country.

You sucked your own ass so well, you inspired others to join in!

Impressive!

Clark

Another quality contribution!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I spent 20 years in federal LE and some time as a reserve deputy as well. I developed a reputation of being very good at gaining verbal compliance. Here's why. I didn't always expect blind obedience. I was humble enough to accept that my fellow countryman, a freeman, would sometimes want to question authority. In fact I kinda expected it from a fellow American. In many situations (the subject traffic stop included) the tactical situation allows a little soft handing and deescalation. You know, a little Andy Griffith. Consequently, he was my professional role model. If cops aren't willing to entertain a little passive questioning of their authority, they are in the wrong position and out of touch with the patriotic spirit of this country.

I wasn't aware that Feds do traffic stops but hey...it's your story...tell it any way you want to...

Let me lend assistance to the contextually impaired here. Some feds do traffic stops. I didn't as a fed. I did mention that I was a reserve deputy. Reserve deputies do traffic stops. I did. All that aside, one needn't do traffic stops to understand how verbal deescalation works.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Coast Guard?

Yessir!

Oh no, quite far from it. It would be much more difficult to ply the LE trade with my ideals if I were a street cop working a bad area. That said, I wouldn't do the job if I couldn't do it with my value system intact.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
These goobers don't understand small counties in the south, over half of the deputies on the road in the county I live in are reserve deputies. We can't afford to have all the paid ones we need, most are retired from somewhere else, some just get their rocks off by playing Barnie. They all do traffic stops, actually the reserves probably more than the paid ones.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No wise ass comments.

They will get your head stove in.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Coast Guard?

Yessir!

Oh no, quite far from it. It would be much more difficult to ply the LE trade with my ideals if I were a street cop working a bad area. That said, I wouldn't do the job if I couldn't do it with my value system intact.

You were a civilian not a blue suit, correct?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Actually, most of the times I was arrested were in Ar.,Ms.,La., and Tx.

I only had one in Idaho, just N W of Rigby.

Bartenders are pretty much the same everywhere.

Except South Louisiana.

Cute, Gittem..... cute.

There's a real good chance that I had my last alcoholic beverage BEFORE you were born.

But don't let that stop you from lying......... it's what you do.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Except South Louisiana.

Cute, Gittem..... cute.

There's a real good chance that I had my last alcoholic beverage BEFORE you were born.

Laughin...

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Except South Louisiana.

Cute, Gittem..... cute.

Laughin...

Let me dumb it down to your intellectual capacity....... If you are 31 Years old and still as stupid as you obviously are, you have led a very sheltered life.

Around here, you would have become much better educated.

Of course, the persona you display on here probably resembles you not at all.

DINK is probably the only cop/member who really is as stupid as he appears on this forum.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mirage243
These goobers don't understand small counties in the south, over half of the deputies on the road in the county I live in are reserve deputies. We can't afford to have all the paid ones we need, most are retired from somewhere else, some just get their rocks off by playing Barnie. They all do traffic stops, actually the reserves probably more than the paid ones.

Nobody ever accused the south of having their schit together.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Except South Louisiana.

Cute, Gittem..... cute.

Laughin...

Let me dumb it down to your intellectual capacity....... If you are 31 Years old and still as stupid as you obviously are, you have led a very sheltered life.

Around here, you would have become much better educated.

Of course, the persona you display on here probably resembles you not at all.

DINK is probably the only cop/member who really is as stupid as he appears on this forum.

Really, what is the point of posting anything intelligent, or thought provoking on this thread. Things like that have been posted several times, but get ignored or responded to with a PM stating..."you're gonna continue to be chastised until you see it our way". With that, poking fun is the more more entertaining thing to do....

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by mirage243

Nobody ever accused the south of having their schit together.

Dave

I wouldn't say that. The S.Tex. guy that blew away the fat assed deputy that came busting in his house a couple years ago seemed to have HIS schit together.

The late deputy....... not so much.

If someone at the scene of the Yantis murder had killed both the deputies as soon as they killed Mr. Yantis, they wouldn't have been charged with anything either, just ike the S.Tex. guy.

Not all citizens are as stupid as you cops have been led to believe.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I wouldn't say that. The S.Tex. guy that blew away the fat assed deputy that came busting in his house a couple years ago seemed to have HIS schit together.

The late deputy....... not so much.

Fugk yeah!

Dave

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep.. almost

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Coast Guard?

Yessir!

You were a civilian not a blue suit, correct?

I did 20 years as an active duty CG member assigned primarily to stations where the missions were LE and SAR. I also did a tour as a member of a tactical counter narcotics team. My stint as a reserve deputy was limited. Katrina happened and my life changed. I guess I did it for about a year and a half. I still work for the CG, but in a civilian non-LE capacity.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I wasn't aware that Feds do traffic stops but hey...it's your story...tell it any way you want to...

Let me lend assistance to the contextually impaired here. Some feds do traffic stops. I didn't as a fed. I did mention that I was a reserve deputy. Reserve deputies do traffic stops. I did. All that aside, one needn't do traffic stops to understand how verbal deescalation works.

In other words you just added the "Federal LEO" ditty to give your Andy Griffith bed-side manner during traffic stops more credibility....got it....like I said...."it's your story"......

Page 99 of 175 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.