Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 101 of 175 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 174 175
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Recall an elected sheriff in Idaho...It would not surprise me after the investigation is over.

Idaho*
Const. Art. 6, §6Idaho Code §34-1701 et seq.
Every public officer in the state of Idaho, excepting the judicial officers. Specifically includes: County officers--members of the board of county commissioners, sheriff, treasurer, assessor, prosecuting attorney, clerk of the district court, and coroner. City officers-mayor, members of the city council. Special district elected officers for whom recall procedure is not otherwise provided by law.

Recall may commence after 90 days in office.
No specific grounds are required.
Time for gathering signatures is 60 days.
Signature requirement is number equal to 20% of the number of electors registered to vote at the last regular election at which the officer was elected. For special district elected officers, requirement is 50% instead of 20%.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12

You're absolutely right, addressing someone's as sir and asking him numerous times to go sit in his car, without compliance, then telling him to sit in the car while still a dressing him as sir, and continuing to use a calm conversational level voice while still continuing to address him as sir after the guy tells him "ok, arrest me", is highly unrespectful, and just downright derogatory

So as long as you call someone "Sir", you can escalate to your heart's content?

Kinda like calling someone an [bleep] followed by "bless his heart"?

Bless your badge heavy little heart......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by logcutter
Recall an elected sheriff in Idaho...It would not surprise me after the investigation is over.

Idaho*
Const. Art. 6, §6Idaho Code §34-1701 et seq.
Every public officer in the state of Idaho, excepting the judicial officers. Specifically includes: County officers--members of the board of county commissioners, sheriff, treasurer, assessor, prosecuting attorney, clerk of the district court, and coroner. City officers-mayor, members of the city council. Special district elected officers for whom recall procedure is not otherwise provided by law.

Recall may commence after 90 days in office.
No specific grounds are required.
Time for gathering signatures is 60 days.
Signature requirement is number equal to 20% of the number of electors registered to vote at the last regular election at which the officer was elected. For special district elected officers, requirement is 50% instead of 20%.

That is precisely the legal remedy allowed.

That is also demonstrative of the value of having "local government" instead of a "National Police Force" where no local control is given.

Threats of vigilante justice and such takes us all down a notch.

Justice and accountability should be high priority. I hope some light is shed on this incident soon.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It didn't sound like he was the one escalating things

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

When grandpa doesn't listen,bleed his azz..That will fix the problem for sure.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Actually, most of the times I was arrested were in Ar.,Ms.,La., and Tx.

I only had one in Idaho, just N W of Rigby.

Bartenders are pretty much the same everywhere.

Except South Louisiana.

Cute, Gittem..... cute.

There's a real good chance that I had my last alcoholic beverage BEFORE you were born.

But don't let that stop you from lying......... it's what you do.

Laughin...
Gene does not drink alcohol.

That's probably a good thing, he seems to have some real anger/violence issues.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

When grandpa doesn't listen,bleed his azz..That will fix the problem for sure.

Can you give some evidence of how much force was used?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Enough that he made grandpa bleed..Listen to the tape at the end when the other officer arrives.

Now,just how much force is needed to subdue/cuff an 80 year old grandpa?

He could have-Called for another officer since grandpa had an issue with him..

All this for 10mph over the speed limit that was thrown out of court and cost the city a pay out and cost his job.Now the same officer killed an older guy for over what?

That's strike two for this kids ability to deal with older men..Ya,he shoved Jack also and i'm sure Jack did not like that and we all know what happened next.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've known some 80 year old that weren't pushovers, including my dad. Age isn't the only determinant.

LOL
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've known some 80 year old that weren't pushovers, including my dad. Age isn't the only determinant.

Me too, but this wasn't one of them..A tough 80 year old doesn't whine like this guy.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My dad is 76 and fit as an ox. Just ran a marathon the first Saturday in October.

And Jayco sure talks like he had a front row seat. Hope they call him as a witness.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Enough that he made grandpa bleed..Listen to the tape at the end when the other officer arrives.

Now,just how much force is needed to subdue/cuff an 80 year old grandpa?

He could have-Called for another officer since grandpa had an issue with him..

All this for 10mph over the speed limit that was thrown out of court and cost the city a pay out and cost his job.Now the same officer killed an older guy for over what?

That's strike two for this kids ability to deal with older men..Ya,he shoved Jack also and i'm sure Jack did not like that and we all know what happened next.

I'm betting if grandpa had ju st sat in his car, he wouldn't have gotten arrested. But when you get told "go sit in your car or you're gonna be arrested", and your response is ok, arrest me then...well you've signed up for the handcuffs, and if you continue to fight while he is trying you cuff you, your probably gonna get tossed around a bit.. regardless of age. As

As far s the lawsuit...I see why they paid him 14 grand.

It was much cheaper to do that than pay attorneys for years to win a lawsuit that really wouldn't amount to anything

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'm betting if grandpa had ju st sat in his car, he wouldn't have gotten arrested. But when you get told "go sit in your car or you're gonna be arrested", and your response is ok, arrest me then...well you've signed up for the handcuffs, and if you continue to fight while he is trying you cuff you, your probably gonna get tossed around a bit.. regardless of age

And I'll bet if Jack would have stayed home and disregarded the plea for him from dispatch to come take care of his bull,he would still be alive.

Two old men,one dead and one won a lawsuit against him and the city he worked for.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Wrong...the guy didn't win a lawsuit. He accepted a settlement, a very, very low one. Which tells me that it was cheaper to pay him, than for the city to spend money on lawyers to win the lawsuit.

But hey....keep tryin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
LOOK OUT! ATV runnin' down the roadside! Call SWAT! CALL "EM NOW!!!

true story, deputy friend of mine noticed a atv running balls to the wall up in the mountains. He does a vehicle stop but ncis is down. He could only hold so long, so he had to turn the guy loose who then disappeared, about 20minutes later ncis comes up, the guy was wanted for first degree murder out of california.
They don't wear signs on their forehead saying i am a bad guy.
I remember arresting a guy one night who was really drunk, and crying. I guess he should have been because we caught him. Couple of hours earlier he put a bullet in a guy's head on whiskey row. I think he is still down at the az. state prison.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
But hey....keep tryin

Okay..Let me re-phrase it.

Two old men,one dead and the other hospitalized.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It
But hey....keep tryin

Okay..Let me re-phrase it.

Two old men,one dead and the other hospitalized.

Sources that say he was hospitalized?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Probably Facebook, where he gathers most of his facts.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Right? I've had harsher first date conversations. Of course the above should get Curdog and gang all saddled up to get some frontier justice.

32 days and counting, still lots of talk, but no action from the lynch mob.

Surprising, NO.

Can't see how that exchange could possibly surprise you. The cop's conversation lacked respect, perspective, and wisdom.

Just like you do.

Ok Princess.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Jayco should've spent more time in the law library and less time doing push-ups.

Page 101 of 175 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 58 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.