-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey all. I've been away for a while so the "Posting your Photos" thread surprised me. I tried to get back into Photobucket and found (like others have already posted) that something has changed, making it not appear correct anymore.

With that said, I looked for an alternate to Photobucket and decided on Flickr. Here are the steps to post your pictures from the image hosting site Flickr.

1) Sign up for a Flickr account. It is owned by Yahoo now, so if you have a yahoo account you could likely use it. I don't so I had to make a new one.

2) Once you have an account (it sends you a text with an activation code that you need to finalize the account set up) you can sign in.

3) Upon signing in you should see an "upload" icon near the top of the screen. Click that. It will open up another page to "Choose Photos and Videos" Click that and you can browse to find the pictures you want to upload. You can choose multiples by holding down "Ctrl" and clicking all the ones you want to upload.

4) Once selected they will show as smaller images on a screen. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP. Flickr defaults to making your images public. If you are like me, you don't want that. About half way down the left side there is "Owner Settings". Under that is "Visible to Everyone". Click that and make it "Only You (Private)".

5) Click the "Upload" button on the top right. It will prompt you to confirm that you want to do so. Click "upload" again.

6) All your pictures should be uploaded now. Double click the one you want and it will become a full screen image. On the bottom right there is an icon that looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it. Click this.

7) For the purposes of posting pictures on this forum, click the "Grab the HTML/BBCode" text. Then click the "BBCode" button just below all the text that appears. You can also adjust size here. I use medium.

8) Copy the text that appears in the box. It should look like this (with [] around the img instead of "" I entered to keep it showing as text): N02/15102699990/ "img" https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2941/15102699990_86c33b7f15.jpg[/img" target="_blank">[/url]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/127164395N02/15102699990/]Pinehouse Walleye 2 by markbharder, on Flickr"

9) All you really want is the first part of this. Anything after the "[img]" gives details on where the photo is hosted (Flikr) and your user name. I don't want to share this so I delete it. It will now look like this: "[url =https://www.flickr. com/photos/127164395N02/ 15102699990/]"img""

10) You should get your picture to appear like this:

[Linked Image]

11) I always preview my picture prior to posting to ensure I did it right.

Hope that this works for you all and helps. Let's see those pictures!

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Sam,
Thanks for the easy to follow instructions. It looks to me that it is easier to use than photobucket. One question, do you have the ability to edit the pictures at all such as cropping etc. before you post them or do you do that on another application? I do like the option you explained on the picture size option--makes it easy!!

If my questions seem too hard to answer in a way that I understand, PM me !! grin

Thanks,
Ken

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hi Ken. I crop my photos prior to uploading them so I haven't looked into it to be honest. I think most computer based editing programs will do a better job of editing than a free web based program.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Where is the "grab html text"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,663
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.