-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I won't be doing any gun buying. Even before the kenyan won the vote back in 2008, I was working hard to accumulate everything I might want when 'things went bad'.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I spoke with my BIL today. He owns and runs a gun shop downstate. He said things have been very busy and he can scarcely keep Ruger and Smith and Wesson AR's on the shelf and his main supplier is out of them currently.

He does have a DPMS sportical and a Bushmaster on the shelf at this time, though they probably won't last long.

You'd think we were at or near a saturation point with black guns after the last run on them, but it appears that some folks want more than one.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Oddly, my local shop was fully stocked and not particularly busy yesterday afternoon. The manager told me he wasn't expecting another mad rush this time unless there was actual legislation being voted on. I think he's wrong, based on what you folks are saying. It must just be taking longer to get out here in the boondocks.

After Sandy Hook, this store was wiped out of black guns within a couple of days. They couldn't even get a Mini-14 in stock.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in Sportsmans Whs this afternoon. They have a pegboard where they hang all their handguns. There were a LOT of empty hooks.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't understand this panic buying spree...

The one after Sandy Hook with Democrats in dominance, maybe. But it's a different picture today. No anti-gun legislation will get much traction from the national level.

I'm sure there will be some gun control states masturbate themselves with new legislation, but don't see that causing a mad rush to the gun counter.

If Obammy is going to pen an executive order he'd better get busy. That action alone will put whoever promises to wipe it off the slates into the oval office.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm trading my G20 and a couple other guns off for a 10mm Sig220 and an AR for my boy. No frenzy..... Been my plan for a while.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My wife wants to get a CCP and a gun. I need a different one myself. After Christmas we might splurge and get us both outfitted. I like the looks of Ruger's LC9s.
Muslims aren't too numerous around here but druggies are committing more crimes all the time.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My wife wants to get a CCP and a gun. I need a different one myself. After Christmas we might splurge and get us both outfitted. I like the looks of Ruger's LC9s.
Muslims aren't too numerous around here but druggies are committing more crimes all the time.

Yep.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I don't understand this panic buying spree...

The one after Sandy Hook with Democrats in dominance, maybe. But it's a different picture today. No anti-gun legislation will get much traction from the national level.

I'm sure there will be some gun control states masturbate themselves with new legislation, but don't see that causing a mad rush to the gun counter.

If Obammy is going to pen an executive order he'd better get busy. That action alone will put whoever promises to wipe it off the slates into the oval office.

You may be right about that last point, but do not underestimate Obama's potential to inflict harm. If he thinks he can do it, he will. We already know that he is committed.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My LGS was pretty slow yesterday. A couple of newbies buying Glocks was all the activity I saw. The Salesman was on hold with NICS about 20 minutes, before he actually got a live body on the phone.
Plenty of AR-15's on the shelf, and ammo too.

I'll probably pick up a AR Pistol in 300 BO for suppressed hog killing at the Ranch, for my Christmas present. I've already got plent of AR15 Rifles, mags, and ammo. Have had them for a LOMG time.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I might buy a Glock.

Sam, Buy a Glock. Model 17 or 19 is hard to beat, if you want a 9mm. You'll thank me later. wink

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm getting a new riot gun for the wife.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Gun shows have been balls to the walls here for years. Them Cubans are well-fuggin armed, folks. The Janet Reno schit wouldn't flush so well these days.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I get paid next Wednesday and we will be buying a handgun we've been looking at for a long time. Wife and I are taking the concealed carry class as our Christmas present to each other.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Was dragging my feet about getting one of the Colt AR's. Went ahead and bought one today just in case the panic sets in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TXRam
Was dragging my feet about getting one of the Colt AR's. Went ahead and bought one today just in case the panic sets in.

One more Terrorist attack, or big school shooting, will definitely set off the panic buying from the uninformed public.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Looking for a .458 Win Mag.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Looking for a .458 Win Mag.

How about them Cowboys, Bud!!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yup,seen the highlights this morning. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have an AR15 OR with less than 30 rounds Down the tube. Been trying to sell it for over a year at $695. Guess I will raise the price now.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1badf350, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,439
Posts18,489,434
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.