-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 113 of 175 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I reckon we won't be seeing the Waputi guy at any of our real campfires.

Probably just as well. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by logcutter
It only gets better as this lags on..Thanks ISP...

BOISE - One of Idaho’s highest profile attorneys is now on the Jack Yantis case.

Boise's Chuck Peterson has joined the Gerry Spence law firm, which is heading up the case of the Council rancher who was shot and killed by Adams County deputies.

Peterson told KTVB they are conducting an independent investigation into the case with a close eye on the state and the federal investigations.

And he said he believes they will all come to the same conclusion.

“We feel good about the facts and we feel like the facts will be discovered by the federal, state and our investigation that will show that Jack Yantis died needlessly.” said Peterson.

Wondering who Chuck Peterson is....off to Google I go, but I doubt he is in the same class as Gerry Spence.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Wondering who Chuck Peterson is....off to Google I go, but I doubt he is in the same class as Gerry Spence.

To answer your question,Peterson worked with Spence on the Ruby Ridge case.They have history together as well as Idaho attorney Chuck Nevin.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Some more about Chuck Peterson..If I had Gerry Spence and this crew working to convict me,I would definitely be worried!

I have also been lucky enough to practice in association with Gerry Spence’s law firm in Jackson, Wyoming. Those lawyers are some of the most committed and brilliant minds in the country, so when I get the chance to spend time and work cases with them, I go to Jackson. Like each of them, I am a graduate of the Trial Lawyers College.

My work in defense of Randy Weaver in the Ruby Ridge case is discussed in “Every Knee Shall Bow,” by Jess Walter (Regan Books/Harper Collins 1995), and in “Ambush at Ruby Ridge,” by Alan W. Bock (Dickens Press 1995). I received the Clarence Darrow Award from the American Civil Liberties Union of Idaho for my work on the defense of Sami Al-Hussayen. I am listed in The Best Lawyers In America, 2008 – 2012 Editions, and for fifteen years I have received the “Preeminent AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the country’s premier lawyer rating service. Less than 5% of the lawyers in the country have this rating.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

To answer your question,Peterson worked with Spence on the Ruby Ridge case.They have history together as well as Idaho attorney Chuck Nevin.

It's common practice for an Attorney of Record to bring in a local lawyer to assist.Spence's firm is in Wy., I believe.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Thanks for the info Logcutter. Good and relevant background. More relevancy than I realized.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Figured I better bring this back up..... Safariman is gaining on it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by curdog4570

It's common practice for an Attorney of Record to bring in a local lawyer to assist.Spence's firm is in Wy., I believe.

Petersen went to the Trial Lawyers College, which is run by Gerry Spence and they worked on the Ruby Ridge case together.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No first hand knowledge, but have seen programs discussing Spence. If one is opposing him and a jury is involved, one is likely to lose.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/21/15.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Does anyone really think anything but deciding on how much the cash payout is going to be is really going on?

Even by podunk standards the Investigation has got to be winding down, unless y'all only have grand Jury 2 times a year or something and they are waiting for that possibly.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Does anyone really think anything but deciding on how much the cash payout is going to be is really going on?

Even by podunk standards the Investigation has got to be winding down, unless y'all only have grand Jury 2 times a year or something and they are waiting for that possibly.

Mike

When the truth is unacceptable to the public, the only choice you have is to wait as long as possible in it's release, to make it less relevant.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Mike

When the truth is unacceptable to the public, the only choice you have is to wait as long as possible in it's release, to make it less relevant.
What truth?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You have several possible scenarios, disregarding what we already know witnesses have said.

Yantis was trying to kill one or more LEO's.

Yantis turned around with a gun, sweeping the LEO's who then reacted and killed him.

LEO's accidentally killed Yantis.

LEO's shot Yantis on purpose.

This isn't Ferguson. If Yantis was trying to kill one or more of the LEO's people aren't going to riot. This is the most likely scenario you're talking about. There are going to be hard feelings over this one way or the other and withholding findings only serves to make things worse IMO.

The second scenario would still leave hard feelings, leave the county open to lawsuits, etc.

Quite honestly, I don't know when it is acceptable for the government to withhold findings, evidence, etc. in order to manipulate public opinion. I know it will be said that it is done all the time. That's a problem.

The last two scenarios don't leave any real problems as long as the public feels like justice will then be served. If the public doesn't because it isn't going to be served then that's a problem.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 12/21/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Mike

The same waiting period applies if the investigation is designed to cover up the truth.

Spence's involvement is the only incentive the State has to tell the truth.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Whatever the findings are,I doubt they will come out just before Christmas for obvious reasons..If the deputies are found guilty of anything,jail time would not be a good Christmas present for fellow officers.If there not guilty by ISP standards,then the family gets fu-cked for Christmas....

Loose/loose before Christmas for someone.

Last edited by logcutter; 12/21/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My experiences lead me to believe that Governments, Local, State or Federal, are not big on telling the truth. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by milespatton

My experiences lead me to believe that Governments, Local, State or Federal, are not big on telling the truth. miles

Thanks to someone like Gerry(Never lost a case)Spence's involvement,it is all but impossible for the deputies to come out of this unscathed.One or both will pay one way or the other(legally)...

Even a rookie should know better than grabbing a guy with a loaded weapon whom was called by dispatch to dispatch his property.One or both deputies are just to full of themselves.

What kind of person would put 4 .223 bullets to the chest of a neighbor over a misunderstanding or the need to be "Incharge" regardless...

I imagine Jack was totally pi$$ed after seeing what the sniper did to his bull and probably had some choice words for them,who wouldn't?

They called him to the scene,period.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Or quite possibly,this happened..

Horacio

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Thanks to someone like Gerry(Never lost a case)Spence's involvement,it is all but impossible for the deputies to come out of this unscathed.One or both will pay one way or the other(legally)...

Is that the goal?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Is that the goal?

Justice is about making someone pay, one way or the other, legally, it appears.

Page 113 of 175 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 60 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.