I have a terminal case of Weatherbyitis, so I have painlessly let go of several beautiful guns in the past to fuel my addiction. My sleek n sexy lefty Sako AV 6.5x55 had to go, as did a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Ltd 357 to pay for this, but totally well worth it. I've already got a lefty Lazermark 378, which itself is a sight to behold, but this Lazermark 460 puts it to shame. It is in "probably unfired" condition though I can't confirm it. I can only guess by the lack of wear on the jeweled follower and bolt as well as the completely unmarked bolt face and breech. I can definitely understand if the original owner bought it to admire and never fired it. I've got a lefty Mark V Deluxe 30-06 from 1985 that was unfired when I bought it because the original owner was afraid he'd scratch it. Anyway, this gorgeous Lazermark was made in Japan and is also a Custom Shop model, so the floor plate is engraved, the forearm cap and butt stock have an extra spacer, the bolt knob is knurled, and of course the pristine jeweling on the bolt and follower.

I am definitely going to shoot it but I won't ever hunt with it. Too pretty to risk a scratch. I can't decide whether I should keep the clean lines of the barrel and put a gloss finish Leupold on it or put open sights on it. I'll most likely put a scope on it since the risk of a botched job on the sights is too much for me to handle.

Anyway, the best part of being a lefty is hunting for those rare gems out there that the righties take for granted. I got one here and I will always enjoy drooling on it even if I don't shoot it very often.

Here are a few pics. I'll try to get some video up after I get a scope and some ammo.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

...on earth as it is in Texas.