Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I keep asking how much money Cruz has gotten from the Kochs, but nobody will answer.

Does it matter? If so, why?
In politics, the entity that finances you, owns you. The Bible says, to paraphrase, the debtor is the servant of the lender. It would matter if Soros had made big contributions. It matters if the Kochs do. I like living in a representative Republic, not an Oligarchy.

They only own you if you let em...You can cite bible verses for justification of just about anything, but reality is a totally different thing.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Dealing with ISIS is simple. They claim they are a state. So quit trying to fight them like they are an insurgency. They aren't. They have all the aspects of a nation state within the territory they control. They have schools, courts, public services, licensing bureaus, police, and a military. Simply recognize that and actually declare war on them.

In an actual declared war, the gloves come off. We destroy their forces wherever and whenever they are found. We disrupt their infrastructure and their economies wherever and whenever they are found. We destroy their cities, not for the purpose of killing civilians, but to disrupt their economies and to destroy their wills to fight. We invoke Article 5 of NATO and if Turkey doesn't like it, we remove them from NATO.

We would do all of this if we wanted to actually get rid of ISIS. Obviously, we don't really want to do it because as an actual war, it would be the easiest war we've ever fought.

You still don't get it???
We've been supplying the "rebels" with arms & intelligence...

Who do you think these "rebels" are?

The "rebels" ARE ISIS...

We instigated & facilitated the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi in Libya by "freedom loving rebels"....guess what those "rebels" became... Yep...ISIS

Now we've got "freedom loving rebels" trying to overthrow Assad...
Are you connecting the dots yet?

Our govt. is by & large responsible and has facilitated the current cluster fugg in the mideast...

Well, no schit, Sherlock. Do you want a cookie for figuring out what everyone else figured out 20 years ago? Of course, our government, or at least portions of our government is responsible. Why else do you think that they don't "simply" deal with the problem as I described above?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I keep asking how much money Cruz has gotten from the Kochs, but nobody will answer.

Kosh says they will spend about $300 million directly on the 2016 race, out of the record promised $900 million. Seems as most of that has yet to be spent.
As of this summer filings; for Cruz it wasn't the Kosh brothers, it was the Wilks brothers.

7/27/15 Washington (CNN)Two low-profile Texas brothers have donated $15 million to support Sen. Ted Cruz, a record-setting contribution that amounts to the largest known donation so far in the 2016 presidential campaign. Farris and Dan Wilks, billionaires who made their fortunes in the West Texas fracking boom, have given $15 million of the $38 million that the pro-Cruz super PAC, Keep the Promise...

...Keep the Promise is technically four separate committees that give three families more control over their own super PAC.
Most of the attention has focused on Robert Mercer, a New York hedge fund magnate who gave the second-most money to conservative groups in 2014 than any other Republican donor. Mercer has given $11 million of the $38 million raised, according to a leader of the super PACs.
Another $10 million comes from Toby Neugebauer, a Houston investor and a personal friend of Cruz's.

Together, their donations give Cruz and his allies more money than any other Republican except Jeb Bush...

SLANT/ O7/15/15: Rubio has received the most funding from the Koch brothers out of the 2016 presidential candidates. In 2010, he received $32,200 for his campaign to be Senator. Later, in 2014, Koch Industries contributed $5,000 toward his campaign.
Rubio was also a guest speaker at the Koch brothers’ donor retreat in September 2014, he has expressed support of political spending and this past April, he said he agrees with the Koch Brothers on most issues and would welcome their support in his run for president.

Cruz was among the top 10 highest federal candidate recipients in 2012, receiving $23,750 from Koch Industries toward his campaign for Senate.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Does it matter? If so, why?
In politics, the entity that finances you, owns you. The Bible says, to paraphrase, the debtor is the servant of the lender. It would matter if Soros had made big contributions. It matters if the Kochs do. I like living in a representative Republic, not an Oligarchy.

They only own you if you let em...You can cite bible verses for justification of just about anything, but reality is a totally different thing.
Untrue. You may think you're still free when you borrow, but you're not. The only way you're still free is if you plan on ripping off the lender and then you're only free if you get away with it. Many in America do. I'm not one of those. I've always paid my debts and I believe the Bible. Anybody who thinks billionaires who give money to political candidates don't expect anything in return is a rank idiot.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[quote=JoeBob]Dealing with ISIS is simple. They claim they are a state. So quit trying to fight them like they are an insurgency. They aren't. They have all the aspects of a nation state within the territory they control. They have schools, courts, public services, licensing bureaus, police, and a military. Simply recognize that and actually declare war on them.

In an actual declared war, the gloves come off. We destroy their forces wherever and whenever they are found. We disrupt their infrastructure and their economies wherever and whenever they are found. We destroy their cities, not for the purpose of killing civilians, but to disrupt their economies and to destroy their wills to fight. We invoke Article 5 of NATO and if Turkey doesn't like it, we remove them from NATO.

We would do all of this if we wanted to actually get rid of ISIS. Obviously, we don't really want to do it because as an actual war, it would be the easiest war we've ever fought.

Well, no schit, Sherlock. Do you want a cookie for figuring out what everyone else figured out 20 years ago? Of course, our government, or at least portions of our government is responsible. Why else do you think that they don't "simply" deal with the problem as I described above?

In the post you describe above, you made no mention of having a clue...
reread it...

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
[quote=JoeBob]Dealing with ISIS is simple. They claim they are a state. So quit trying to fight them like they are an insurgency. They aren't. They have all the aspects of a nation state within the territory they control. They have schools, courts, public services, licensing bureaus, police, and a military. Simply recognize that and actually declare war on them.

reread it...

Clue? It makes no difference. I didn't draw a picture, so you wouldn't have gotten it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I couldn't tell much from your link Pat. It looks to me like it would take a lot of research into those groups to find out who finances them. The Koch's have a bunch of different groups they've created. IMO they are worthless. I have many libertarian leanings myself even though I'm not a member of the Libertarian Party, but calling the Koch's Libertarians or much of anything is a misnomer. They are totally out for themselves. I found this and Cruz just went up a bunch in my estimation:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-koch-dark-money_56548545e4b0879a5b0c6dc6

Well, you didn't ask how much money they have given Rubio. That's pretty easy to find. laugh

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Rubio's sugar daddy is an "Israel first" billionaire.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/marco-rubio-2016-campaign-norman-braman-117134

Braman is both a benefactor and a friend to Rubio, and their close relationship dates back to when the now-presidential candidate was ascending the ranks of the state Legislature. Over dinners at Braman’s Indian Creek Island mansion, which is adorned with priceless artwork and Civil War artifacts, the two bonded over everything from their shared love of football to their affinity for Israel. He employs Rubio’s wife, Jeanette, part time through his charity, the Braman Family Foundation. After Rubio was elected to the Senate in 2010 — a race into which Braman and his wife, Irma, poured nearly $10,000 — the two families traveled together to Israel.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Anybody who thinks billionaires who give money to political candidates don't expect anything in return is a rank idiot.

Sooo, a billionaire won't dole out a political contribution unless they get something in return???
Color me a rank idiot...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Rubio's sugar daddy is an "Israel first" billionaire.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/marco-rubio-2016-campaign-norman-braman-117134

Braman is both a benefactor and a friend to Rubio, and their close relationship dates back to when the now-presidential candidate was ascending the ranks of the state Legislature. Over dinners at Braman’s Indian Creek Island mansion, which is adorned with priceless artwork and Civil War artifacts, the two bonded over everything from their shared love of football to their affinity for Israel. He employs Rubio’s wife, Jeanette, part time through his charity, the Braman Family Foundation. After Rubio was elected to the Senate in 2010 — a race into which Braman and his wife, Irma, poured nearly $10,000 — the two families traveled together to Israel.
Sounds about right.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

reread it...

Clue? It makes no difference. I didn't draw a picture, so you wouldn't have gotten it.

If you say so.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah,...it's long since stopped surprising me.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Anybody who thinks billionaires who give money to political candidates don't expect anything in return is a rank idiot.

Sooo, a billionaire won't dole out a political contribution unless they get something in return???
Color me a rank idiot...
Money is power. That's an important truth to accept if you want to really understand what's happening.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The debates are useless as a means of gauging policy or even general suitability for the job. They are all going to lie anyway. And even if they aren't consciously lying, they don't say anything to which they can be held. All it is is a beauty contest where the public gets to decide which candidate is "prettiest".

Trump is riding the wave of voter disgust. He stands the best position to win in this country because the disgust cuts across the aisles. Lots and lots of old school Democrats, the relatively few left, are upset at the American Communist party of Obama and Clinton. They'll vote for Trump and honest polling shows this.

Trump is the only guy in a long time, probably since Reagan, who can actually unite the country across party lines. And like Reagan, he is hated by the establishment.

You've had the Bush, Romney's, and the Rockefellers as power brokers in Republican politics since the early 1960s. Not people like them, but those actual families. And there are a ton more with names you might not recognize but who are there as well.

They don't care about you. This is all a game to them. They take turns trying to beat the other players in the game, the Democrats. And like any game, this one is relatively friendly. The players go hard, sometimes they even play dirty, during the game. But after the game, it is all hugs, handshakes, and promises of "We'll get you next time."

Trump is huge right now because he is the one guy who is saying, "Wait a minute, your game is fricking the country." Everyone else, is merely trying to get in on the game.

Cruz, as good as he sounds, is hard to trust. Not because I think he is lying, but because he is too young and not rich enough. If he is elected, even if he serves eight years, he could live another thirty or forty years after being president. He definitely imagines life AFTER being president. He'll be corrupted, any mortal will with the power and the money that will be thrown his way. He'll have a long life to enjoy the perks.

Trump is old enough that when he is honest for himself, there is not much imagining of life beyond office. This will be the crowning achievement of a long life of accomplishment. He needs to impress no one. He needs no favors or riches. He is the one guy in the field who can survive the temptation. That doesn't mean he'll be a good president. But it means he'll be a relatively honest one and that is probably all we can hope for these days.

Very good.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Color me a rank idiot...
Money is power. That's an important truth to accept if you want to really understand what's happening.

I never said money wasn't power...but to think billionaires like Soros & the Kochs need something in return & they "own" you is laughable...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Color me a rank idiot...

I never said money wasn't power...but to think billionaires like Soros & the Kochs need something in return & they "own" you is laughable...
You really believe this? I wasn't going to reply because I'm not trying to give offense here, but I'm incredulous.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I couldn't tell much from your link Pat. It looks to me like it would take a lot of research into those groups to find out who finances them. The Koch's have a bunch of different groups they've created. IMO they are worthless. I have many libertarian leanings myself even though I'm not a member of the Libertarian Party, but calling the Koch's Libertarians or much of anything is a misnomer. They are totally out for themselves. I found this and Cruz just went up a bunch in my estimation:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-koch-dark-money_56548545e4b0879a5b0c6dc6

Well, you didn't ask how much money they have given Rubio. That's pretty easy to find. laugh
The amount they'd given Rubio was in the link I provided or was in something else I'd seen, so I already knew. It didn't matter though because Rubio is a deal-breaker.

Trump, Rand, Cruz or possibly Carson. The rest should have D's beside their names.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rubio is a Kochsucker

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Rubio is a Kochsucker
Indeed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by contendershooter
Here is the poll that was all over the news yesterday prior to the debates since everyone thinks I am making this up...

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/nbc-poll-clinton-would-trounce-trump-lose-rubio-carson-n478676

I don't think you are making it up, I think you are being sold a bill of goods.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (450yukon, 673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 27 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,864
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.