-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
OKOK used to spew about his beloved Sea Hawks creating a dynasty. If you really want to look at a football dynasty, look at DIII college football. Mount Union of Ohio has been to the DIII National Championship 20 of the last 22 years. What a run. They did it again this year, taking out St. Thomas of Minnesota 49-35 today. St. Thomas is no slouch, but Mount Union rules the roost in DIII. Congrats to the boys from Mount Union.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What do they call the cheerleaders? Dill-does?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many times did they win?

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Give me Walsh's 'niners.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
FCS Semi Final - Fargo North Dakota:

NDSU BISON - - - - - 33
RICHMOND SPIDERS - 7

BISON now going for their 5th consecutive Division I FCS National Football Championship.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I alwayz enjoy watching NDZU play, as I am zure that every perzon in Dakota enjoyz watching their favorite zunz.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Patriots is all I need.
~~~Suluuq

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
And Vikings.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by P_Weed

NDSU BISON - - - - - 33
RICHMOND SPIDERS - 7

BISON now going for their 5th consecutive Division I FCS National Football Championship.

D-II?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gophergunner
OKOK used to spew about his beloved Sea Hawks creating a dynasty. If you really want to look at a football dynasty, look at DIII college football. Mount Union of Ohio has been to the DIII National Championship 20 of the last 22 years. What a run. They did it again this year, taking out St. Thomas of Minnesota 49-35 today. St. Thomas is no slouch, but Mount Union rules the roost in DIII. Congrats to the boys from Mount Union.

IIRC, D-III does not offer football (or any sport) scholarships?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roundoak
How many times did they win?
I looked it up-11 times.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

IIRC, D-III does not offer football (or any sport) scholarships?
That's correct-they play for the love of the game and a very long outside chance of extending their playing days.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I was at the game last night as I have been at most Amos Stagg Bowls in the last 18 years. Some of the parents at Mount Union are on a first name basis with the staff. It was a great game,wonderful fans, and with bitter cold weather. It has been 60-70 degrees for weeks and just as the Stagg Bowl comes to town the weather turns to sheet. We had 20" of snow in 2010. We have never had good weather for these fans. Awesome dynasty and people. Can't wait until next year.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Folks from North East Ohio are rightfully proud of their little college up there that just keeps winning games. These are kids who play more for love of the game than any other reason. It's a great honor in those parts to be a Purple Raider.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by P_Weed

NDSU BISON - - - - - 33
RICHMOND SPIDERS - 7

D-II?

Used to be 1-AA, now they call it D1 Football Championship Series as opposed to what used to be 1-A, now called Football Bowl Series. FCS plays some very good football with some very good teams.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Great game last night. I always like watching Mount Union play.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Mount Union (5 Championships) and Wisconsin-Whitewater (6 Championships) have owned D-III football since 2005 - the Tommies are the only other team to have made the championship game (2 times). I have had a lot of the Tommie players in class over the last six years and as a group they are better people than the athletes I have had at any of the 7 schools I have taught at with the exception of the basketball players at Indiana during the '80s - who were they're equal. They are a true reflection of the values we try to instill in our students and one of the reasons I am proud to be at St Thomas. But, congratulations to Mount Unions. They played a great game and showed tremendous character coming back from a 14-point deficit that was probably a real shocker.

Last edited by RalphBeagle; 12/19/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
DIII is very good football, played by actual students. It is what all levels of college football could (and should) be like. The larger the school, the greater the available talent pool, so there would still be graduated levels of size and speed for those who (mistakenly) feel that such things are necessary for good football.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 6 invisible), 1,424 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.