-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 93 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 92 93
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just went back and read past the original post.

I'll put on my jackass hat now.

Good grief. Why would you lie about that?

Oh well, another day on the internet. crazy

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
To mention God's name in something where the ulterior motive is clearly not God's message, is the very definition of "Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain."

BINGO!

There have been calls for Christians to come out and make a stand. I'll do that now. Mark had me fooled for a long time then my wife and I met him when he came to our place at a get together. My wife who is spiritually sensitive spotted him right off. I listened to her and since she has a long history of being spot on accurate I shut up about Mark but I cringed every time I read where he had pulled one of his stunts. I am done with that.

He knows the right sayings and words but the Bible says we will be known by out fruit and I see his fruit being rotten and his tree as being bare.

I will go on to add there have been others on the Fire who profess Christ and then do more harm flouting their faith than a hundred real Christians could do to repair. I am embarrassed by their words and actions too.

Mark needs professional help. I doubt he will seek it or get it. I believe judgement day will be tough and I will be doing good just answering for my own deeds, I would in no way want to be in Mark's shoes.

Scott, thanks for that well-written post.

I don't bother to rise to the Christian or Anti-Christian bait here on the 'Fire, there's no percentage in it. Mark's alleged Christianity is nothing more than a facet of his psychopathy, a tool he has used multiple documented times to further his many agendas.

I do not condemn the man, but we were admonished by our Lord:

"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?" Matthew 7:15

And the Apostles were no strangers to frauds and deceivers:

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1

So let me join you in responding to the "calls for Christians to come out and make a stand." I have mistrusted Mark for years, stemming from verified complaints of his swindles perpetrated through the 24HCF Classifieds, then his gauche and vulgar posts of his semi-naked wife and public boasting about details of her sexuality, then his incessant "woe-is-me" calls for pity (and funds!) while putatively suffering the trials of end-stage renal failure and then his miraculously-obtained kidney transplant. All the while his posts here on the fire proclaimed his faith, his love of the Lord, and so forth.

A liar and fraud is a bad man. A liar and fraud who uses the name of the Lord to further his sins, and to try to camouflage himself so as to deceive more victims and avoid consequences, is in trouble with more than the laws of man.

"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'" Matthew 7:23

Mark has a lot more to fear than the courts of law of the United States and the approbation of his fellow 24HCF members, but apparently he is too deeply mired in his sin to recognize it.

So those who call on us to be "Christian" and forgive him, give him a pass, or whatever... GFY. Our faith does not call us to give those who willfully sin over and over again a pass.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Point of interest, my Irish Great-Grandpa was murdered, or so says family lore. Pushed off of a building under construction in Brooklyn by an Italian co-worker, that was the belief among his kin tho' there apparently weren't proof.

Had to be around 1910 or thereabouts. They put in a stone when they buried him, next time I'm up I shall have to try to find it

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Happy to say I only glanced at this subject. It's not too often you get a warning about a derailment and can stay away from the train tracks. The name of the "member" was the only clue I needed.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Point of interest, my Irish Great-Grandpa was murdered, or so says family lore. Pushed off of a building under construction in Brooklyn by an Italian co-worker, that was the belief among his kin tho' there apparently weren't proof.

Had to be around 1910 or thereabouts. They put in a stone when they buried him, next time I'm up I shall have to try to find it

Birdwatcher

Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And family rumor has it my Great great Grandfather was hung for stealing horses....

Very plausible..... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
To mention God's name in something where the ulterior motive is clearly not God's message, is the very definition of "Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain."

BINGO!

There have been calls for Christians to come out and make a stand. I'll do that now. Mark had me fooled for a long time then my wife and I met him when he came to our place at a get together. My wife who is spiritually sensitive spotted him right off. I listened to her and since she has a long history of being spot on accurate I shut up about Mark but I cringed every time I read where he had pulled one of his stunts. I am done with that.

He knows the right sayings and words but the Bible says we will be known by out fruit and I see his fruit being rotten and his tree as being bare.

I will go on to add there have been others on the Fire who profess Christ and then do more harm flouting their faith than a hundred real Christians could do to repair. I am embarrassed by their words and actions too.

Mark needs professional help. I doubt he will seek it or get it. I believe judgement day will be tough and I will be doing good just answering for my own deeds, I would in no way want to be in Mark's shoes.

the funny part is scott, my wife is sensitive in that area too, yet she continues to say YOU are a nice guy, go figure?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey this thread was about done anyway.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
And family rumor has it my Great great Grandfather was hung for stealing horses....

My great great was kilt by the yanks while running liquor up the cape fear.

I'm setting up a gofundme page for his funnel.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Birdwatcher

Do you have a go fund me page, I'd like to help. grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
WTF are they gonna say about us, we died in a hospital with tubes up our nose?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I fugged a midget once

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Mine was hung like a horse........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Doc. The part that hurts me most is where he fits the mould so well of the kind of christian (note no "C") that makes up an accurate stereotype that makes non Christins want nothing to do with us. Looking at Mark's actions I cannot blame them.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WTF are they gonna say about us, we died in a hospital with tubes up our nose?

I hope to go out a little more noteworthy, but I'll settle for not having fugged over people multiple times before dying.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Black fella huh.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My great, great uncle was hung because he shot some dude in the back.

His name is Jack McCall....maybe some of you have heard of him.

And yes he really is my great, great, uncle.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Aren't "Irish" and "thief" synonymous?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Black fella huh.

The thief?

Dave

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
"Forgiveness. I had to ad this one after I had typed all the rest, it is the hardest for me right now. This dad was very good at, but for me even as I type this I am having to deal with my own desire to squeeze the very life out of his attacker while watching him and making him look into my eyes as he dies..."

A true Christian... crazy

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 31 of 93 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 92 93

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 42 invisible), 2,149 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,543
Posts18,531,330
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.