Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, so be it.

If you're going to break the firearms laws, then you ought to pay the price. It seems odd that Stag would make massive errors like that.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Kumor said when licensees fail to follow regulations they can allow the guns to end up in the hands of traffickers and criminals.

Why is it OK when our Federal Gov't does it?

Indeed. Obummer is kicking crates of M-16's and ammo out the doors of planes over the sands of Syria to whoever finds it. But GOD FORBID that Americans don't play the silly games that the BATFE demands of us. I don't really care what Stag Arms allegedly did at this point, screw FedGov.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GunGeek

And the big one...
Inspectors found 3,000 receivers that had not been stamped with serial numbers that had no record of their manufacture or acquisition and more than 3,000 firearms transferred by Stag without proper records.

Think anyone checked to see if Eric Holder knows where they went?

Last edited by AKA_Spook; 12/22/15.

.... like tears in the rain
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Blank receivers? Big deal. I suppose when one asks for a special serial # the atf thinks they fall from the sky.

What came first, the stamped serial number or the receiver?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If the guv says it, there's an agenda behind it.

Book it.

LOL
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I believe I read that the guy who ran the machine that engraved the serial numbers had been on vacation and the ATF came in and found a couple weeks worth of production sitting in a pile waiting for the guy to return and engrave and record them. Poor planning and bad timing and the ATF wanting to make an example of someone. Whether they actually can get a jury to convict is yet to be seen but they have all they need to destroy the company and its management financially.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It appears Stag may or at least could continue operating under new ownership.

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-stag-arms-guilty-plea-federal-court-1223-20151222-story.html

"For the first time in Connecticut, and there have only been a few of these prosecutions throughout the nation, a large manufacturer is pleading guilty to a felony charge relating to record-keeping violations," Connecticut U.S. Attorney Deirdre M. Daly said Tuesday. .

"This company did not just manufacture small firearms. They manufactured semi-automatic weapons, machine guns, assault weapons," Daly said. "This is not an industry where sloppiness will be tolerated."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think Stag will win in the end but will have lost credibity and a ton of money, thus go out of business. Fed harrassment.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Would be interesting to know exactly what the ATF classified as "machine guns", could be anything from a mis machining of the FCG area to fully assembled with a happy switch or dealer samples not properly documented. Also would be interesting to know what stage of completion the unstamped receivers were at and whether there was intent on the part of Stag to hide the production for illegal sales or receivers destined for another manufacturer. If Malkowski isn't going to jail there may be more ATF shenanigans involved than meets the eye. ATF has been known to target FFL's, maybe they have stepped up to shutting down manufacturers.
I was thinking something along the same lines. They once did something similar to a toy gun maker, claiming they could be converted to machine guns.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jnyork
Amazing. Cant imagine a company engaging in this chicanery when they know the ATF is watching their every move.
Exactly, which means it's likely foul play on the part of the ATF.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Given the corrupt record of the waffen BATFEces, I don't believe anything they have to say.

That's one group of scumbags I don't render the least bit of respect to when one of them gets smoked.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never, ever, doubt the credibility of the ATF, IRS, EPA or other government agency with the mission to protect us.

Originally Posted by GunGeek
http://www.rep-am.com/business/929074.txt

Mark Malkowski, who started the company in 2003, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of possession of a machine gun not registered to the company. As a part of the plea deal Stag will pay a $500,000 fine. Malkowski will pay a $100,000 fine and he will divest himself of his intent in the company.

found 62 machine gun receivers registered to another company or not registered.

"failed in thousands of instances to adequately document the manufacture and disposition of firearms ... making them more susceptible to theft or loss."

And the big one...
Inspectors found 3,000 receivers that had not been stamped with serial numbers that had no record of their manufacture or acquisition and more than 3,000 firearms transferred by Stag without proper records.

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I feel like Agent June Stahl in the Sons of Anarchy TV series was probably pretty representative of the ATF.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I doubt any of this was malicious. They knew the ATF would and does inspect frequently. No doubt they've been through several inspections and no doubt they knew the "rules".

I'd say this is a direct result of poor management. Hell, who knows -- a disgruntled employee could have initiated the whole mess?

I just can't imagine the owner of the company intentionally ignoring the law. He knew the buck would stop with him and he'd be the felon at the end of the day. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I'd say there's a little more to this story than we may ever know.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Well, so be it.

If you're going to break the firearms laws, then you ought to pay the price. It seems odd that Stag would make massive errors like that.

Ffuck them. The laws shouldn't exist to begin with. Neither should the ATF.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I doubt any of this was malicious. They knew the ATF would and does inspect frequently. No doubt they've been through several inspections and no doubt they knew the "rules".

I'd say this is a direct result of poor management. Hell, who knows -- a disgruntled employee could have initiated the whole mess?

I just can't imagine the owner of the company intentionally ignoring the law. He knew the buck would stop with him and he'd be the felon at the end of the day. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I'd say there's a little more to this story than we may ever know.
I know several FFL holders who were never even bothered by the ATF since they initiated their businesses, 10, 15 even 20 years ago. That all changed when Obama took office. Since then there has been a purge of FFL holders. I have no idea about this particular incident, because it involves the byzantine minutiae of ATF regs which are boring enough to read if they involve you personally. Most FFL holders I know are so paranoid that they do an excellent job following the laws-which are bogus to begin with IMO. Point of all this being: It wouldn't surprise me a bit if it was malicious given their track record of just things I know about personally.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Well, so be it.

Ffuck them. The laws shouldn't exist to begin with. Neither should the ATF.

Dave
Okay, this makes my post superfluous.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
It wouldn't surprise me a bit if it was malicious given their track record of just things I know about personally.

Everything they do is malicious. Look at their fugking job. Their whole existence is based on fugking with the manufacturers and retailers of three of the four greatest things on the planet.

And what do any of these stupid ass laws prevent anyway? A guy making too much beer in his basement? A gun that's quiet? A .308 that fires too many rounds per minute? An unhealthy cigarette?

Buncha butt-fugks.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Kumor said when licensees fail to follow regulations they can allow the guns to end up in the hands of traffickers and criminals.

Why is it OK when our Federal Gov't does it?

Yep, one has to wonder exactly how f'd up our country really is......

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
It wouldn't surprise me a bit if it was malicious given their track record of just things I know about personally.

Everything they do is malicious. Look at their fugking job. Their whole existence is based on fugking with the manufacturers and retailers of three of the four greatest things on the planet.

And what do any of these stupid ass laws prevent anyway? A guy making too much beer in his basement? A gun that's quiet? A .308 that fires too many rounds per minute? An unhealthy cigarette?

Buncha butt-fugks.

Dave

Especially after Fast and Furious I just can't imagine siding with the ATF on almost anything. I guess if they actually busted some Muslim sect planning a terrorist attack with fully automatic weapons smuggled in I would support that. I've got to where I'd just wonder if it was one of their own black ops they decided to sell out for publicity or because some legit agency was on to their "assets".

Most of the time they are just [bleep] with people who made some honest mistake, like a clerical error. The only good that comes out of it is to illustrate how corrupt our government is and how they don't follow their own laws and regulations.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

284 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 37 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,438
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.