Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=532347118

Does anybody know much about these? I was not aware of them. They appear to be a CZ-75 clone. Made in Turkey. Anybody who wants to bid on that one, go for it because I'm not bidding. I just wondered if anybody knew very much about these.

Right now as far as I'm aware, there are three CZ-75 clones being made that are being imported into the USA. This one, the CZ-USA rendition and the EAA Witness.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Right now as far as I'm aware, there are three CZ-75 clones being made that are being imported into the USA. This one, the CZ-USA rendition and the EAA Witness.

CZ USA is CZ and not a 'clone'.

As to 'clones' there are well over twenty CZ-75 clones manufactured and imported from all over the world.

FAMAE FN-750
Norinco NZ-75
Renato Gambia G-90
BUL Cherokee
Armscor MAP-1
SPHINX - 2000
Tristar C-100
EAA WITNESS
Springfield P-9
Victor Bren 10

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Coming across the CZ-75 Clone, a Springfield Armory P-9 surprised me . . .

>> http://www.dogswar.ru/images/stories/pistolet/Springfield-P9.jpg <<

. . . I would like that pistol!

AJD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a CZ PCR and a TRI-STAR C-100 which is a pretty close clone of the PCR. I don't see any difference in quality, but I do see a big difference in pricing. Based on my sample of one I wouldn't hesitate on the Tri-Star if so inclined. YMMV.

There is no accounting for taste.

Experience is a great thing as long as one survives it.

Generally, there ain't a lot that separates the two however,
Barely making it is a whole lot more satisfying than barely not making it.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Coming across the CZ-75 Clone, the Springfield Armory P-9 surprised me . . .

. . . I really want that pistol!

Its just a Tanfoglio..

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=532347118

Does anybody know much about these? I was not aware of them. They appear to be a CZ-75 clone. Made in Turkey. Anybody who wants to bid on that one, go for it because I'm not bidding. I just wondered if anybody knew very much about these.

Don't forget the Sphinx, made in Switzerland. Reputed to be the best of the CZ-75 clones.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

CZ USA is CZ and not a 'clone'.

As to 'clones' there are well over twenty CZ-75 clones manufactured and imported from all over the world.

FAMAE FN-750
Norinco NZ-75
Renato Gambia G-90
BUL Cherokee
Armscor MAP-1
SPHINX - 2000
Tristar C-100
EAA WITNESS
Springfield P-9
Victor Bren 10
Okay.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Coming across the CZ-75 Clone, the Springfield Armory P-9 surprised me . . .

. . . I really want that pistol!

Its just a Tanfoglio..
Is there something wrong with Tanfoglio?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Not at all, but the Springfield p9 is nothing to get excited about, as its still available in different clothes.

In all honesty, with genuine CZs available, I dont see any reason to get excited about any of the others.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Not at all, but the Springfield p9 is nothing to get excited about, as its still available in different clothes.

In all honesty, with genuine CZs available, I dont see any reason to get excited about any of the others.
No CZ product holds a candle to the Swiss made Sphinx.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
TANFOGLIO is the Italian Firearm Manufacture of the EAA Corp. line of pistols including the WITNESS.

Price differences (approximate) are significant in the all-steel offerings:
CZ-75 BD --- $600
TANFOGLIO - $360
SPHINX ----- $2775

"The WITNESS line is well respected among firearm enthusiasts and has achieved great success in the competition world."

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I do not doubt that one single bit...but at the cost demanded for them, the appeal is limited.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
TANFOGLIO is the Italian Firearm Manufacture of the EAA Corp. line of pistols including the WITNESS.

Price differences (approximate) are significant in the all-steel offerings:
CZ-75 BD --- $600
TANFOGLIO - $360
SPHINX ----- $2775

"The WITNESS line is well respected among firearm enthusiasts and has achieved great success in the competition world."

Understood...and they were the manufacturer of the Springfield P9, as well. Serviceable, you bet, but I would still take the CZ every time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Coming across the CZ-75 Clone, a Springfield Armory P-9 surprised me . . .

. . . I would like that pistol!

You REALLY don't want one. When they came out, I bought two. I was so excited that an honest CZ75 copy was available in the US, and icing on the cake was that they were made by Solothurn in Switzerland (current makers of Sphinx). The gun was very nicely machined with a gray Parkerized finish and walnut grips. DA trigger sucked, SA was decent, accuracy was outstanding.

But then came the parts breakage. The first pistol broke the slide stop. No problem, I had a spare right? Sent the first back, and while waiting for it to be returned, broke the magazine catch on the 2nd pistol. Sent it back to Springfield. Several weeks later I get the first back, and it promptly breaks the slide stop again. Send it back. By then the 2nd one was back and it breaks a hammer. That's it, I'm DONE!!! I was desperately wanting it to work out, but they had some serious metallurgy problems. I'm sure the Sphinx pistols have all that worked out, but it really sucked being the beta tester.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

If you want a target pistol then the Sphinx is the one to go with. If you want a pistol to trust your life on, then I'll trust it to one of the most proven pistols in the world; at half the cost.

The Sphinx is pretty, but it hasn't had the trial by fire that the CZ has. The Sphinx isn't in service with any major agency who will push that pistol hard to see what breaks. The CZ is one of the most widely used pistols in the world, and it's about as proven as it gets.

I'll take a real CZ over any of the copies every single day of the week.

If I'm going to by a copy, then it would be Tanfoglio because they are used by various police agencies all over the world (quite a bit in Israel) and they're used extensively as competition pistols, so they have had the trial by fire and are well proven. At least the all steel ones, I don't know about the polymer ones.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The Springfield was a relabeled Tanfolglio, made in Italy. It bears no relation to the Sphinx.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had a relatively early CZ-75, one that came in thru Canada, it was a nice pistol, but frankly, the Tanfoglio I had later was a better-made gun.

The CZ's barrel wasn't much good, with some not-unreasonable loads, the chamber expanded somewhat, making it egg-shaped. They weren't HOT loads, I shot a ton of them in my Hi-Powers, too, and they are never rated for +P loads, so I don't think it was bad ammo.

I don't think it was a normal kind of thing, maybe I had an anomaly, but the Tanfoglio went thru a bazillion rounds without any hitches at all. I shot the hell out of it (9mm), until I realized that it was the same size as a Lightweight Commander, and weighed twice as much. It went away, and I kept on keepin' on with the Commander.

I'm not a hater, I have six CZ rifles and I'm a huge fan, but that particular CZ-75 wasn't all it could have been. And if Tanfoglio still made 9mms on the same-sized frames they used to, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Springfield was a relabeled Tanfolglio, made in Italy. It bears no relation to the Sphinx.

Oh man do I feel like a DORK. The Solothurn made pistol I owned was the Action Arms (importer of the UZI in the '80's) AT-84...MY BAD!!!

Yes the Springfield was the Tanfoglio and they were decent guns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tristar is Canik, very happy with the one I have, and so far all reviews seem good

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/tristar-sporting-arms-p-120-pistol-new-gun-review/

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I own a Canik 100 which is an alloy frame copy of the steel frame CZ Compact, both the CZ and Canik 100 have a safety rather than a decocker lever. The Canik 100 imported by Tristar is well made and accurate; no malfunctions in the first 150 rounds so far. It is a quality pistol.

The Canik 120 looks to be a copy of the full size CZ 75. The price quoted is 200-250 less than the CZ.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 270cowboy, 57 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.