Print Thread
Hop To
Page 119 of 175 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Has the old boys toxicology report been released yet?
What are you expecting?

Nothing, but it won't help the families case if a guy known to have a bad temper was on something too.
I would think a defense attorney would immediately ask what the basis was for the assertion of Yantis having had a bad temper.

By "on something" do you mean a specific drug? Old folks can be "on" a lot of stuff. Yantis doesn't fit "my" admittedly non-professional profile of a substance abuser unless you're talking about alcohol. Alcohol was already tossed out here as a possibility.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Remember, they called him, he didn't just show up. It would not surprise me if they had a drink or two with dinner. They did have company.. And on that note, there friend for dinner was right there also and thrown to the ground and cuffed trying to help Jack.

I'm surprised they didn't run out of cuffs. Probably why they didn't cuff the emt's and fire responders.

Also don't forget that one deputy was found guilty of poaching and wasted the meat while employed as an officer in McCall.

I suppose one could say he thinks he can do anything and get away with it. We will see....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
119 pages on my settings

I've read most of it though not all

Have learned little by reading it

Mainly that's we are in sad shape in this country

Even what I like to call the good guys

Sad deal but it is what it is

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

If you read it all,you have heard the statements of two of the family members that were there and you have seen Jack's daughter give hers on video from the scene and you have also seen the backgrounds of the officers involved and the official Idaho State Police first report...

I would say that you now know as much as anyone except those directly involved.

It would take a computer nut jog to search out on his own all the clips on this event..Here,there all done for you,the reader.

Horacio laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
119 pages on my settings

But therein lies the problem...everyone involved were the "good guys". The bad guys showed up later, not wasting the opportunity to pimp their agenda on what will prove to be a tragic combination of mistakes.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Who fired first?

Paradis said he does not know whether the rifle fired, but he thinks it might have discharged accidentally when the deputy grabbed Yantis and spun him, or when one of the deputy’s bullets pierced Yantis’ hand holding the rifle, hitting the gun and damaging it.

This makes it seem as the deputies did???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
119 pages on my settings

But therein lies the problem...everyone involved were the "good guys". The bad guys showed up later, not wasting the opportunity to pimp their agenda on what will prove to be a tragic combination of mistakes.

The first MISTAKE belongs to the Sheriff when he pinned badges on a couple of thugs. Absent that mistake, we wouldn't be discussing this.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What are you expecting?

Nothing, but it won't help the families case if a guy known to have a bad temper was on something too.
I would think a defense attorney would immediately ask what the basis was for the assertion of Yantis having had a bad temper.

By "on something" do you mean a specific drug? Old folks can be "on" a lot of stuff. Yantis doesn't fit "my" admittedly non-professional profile of a substance abuser unless you're talking about alcohol. Alcohol was already tossed out here as a possibility.

Jaycolumbo posted an account right here in this very thread from Yantis' neighbor(s) saying he was known to have a bad temper, but don't let that fact cloud your judgement.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by logcutter
Who fired first?

Paradis said he does not know whether the rifle fired, but he thinks it might have discharged accidentally when the deputy grabbed Yantis and spun him, or when one of the deputy’s bullets pierced Yantis’ hand holding the rifle, hitting the gun and damaging it.

Paradis sounds like a star witness.... crazy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
What are you expecting?

Jaycolumbo posted an account right here in this very thread from Yantis' neighbor(s) saying he was known to have a bad temper, but don't let that fact cloud your judgement.
"Fact"? That would immediately be disputed in court with questions about the witnesses' expertise on what constituted a "bad temper". At best it is somebody's opinion and you could find somebody to say something derogatory about most folks if you looked long enough.

I'm not making a "judgement" here and how would that cloud it?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who fired first?

How is Paradis' credibility in question, other than saying something you evidently don't like? Do you know something the rest of us don't or is it wild speculation like not only accusing Yantis of being drunk but his wife as well?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Who fired first?

How is Paradis' credibility in question, other than saying something you evidently don't like? Do you know something the rest of us don't or is it wild speculation like not only accusing Yantis of being drunk but his wife as well?

So Paradis' word is golden, but Yantis' neighbors account of his bad temper is speculation. Got it.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
So Paradis' word is golden, but Yantis' neighbors account of his bad temper is speculation

It is when the other eye witness that was on scene agree's 100% with what he said.

Can't imagine two neighbors disagreeing on something with one calling the other a hot head.I am surprised he didn't say they got into a fist fight, which is very common in this area of Idaho.Usually,there is very little arguing until punches are thrown..

That's just the way it is in a logging/ranching community.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who fired first?

So Paradis' word is golden, but Yantis' neighbors account of his bad temper is speculation. Got it.
To clarify, I never said that. Yantis' neighbor's account is speculation elicited by somebody, either police or press no doubt. The other is eyewitness testimony, ostensibly sworn to. One is an opinion, the other is an account.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So Paradis' word is golden, but Yantis' neighbors account of his bad temper is speculation

It is when the other eye witness that was on scene agree's 100% with what he said.

Can't imagine two neighbors disagreeing on something with one calling the other a hot head.I am surprised he didn't say they got into a fist fight, which is very common in this area of Idaho.Usually,there is very little arguing until punches are thrown..

So the other eyewitness doesn't know when or if Yantis' rifle was fired? Good hell, Paradis by his own account posted by you doesn't know what happened and that's the point others have been trying to make. No one knows a damn thing, but a few of you sure think you do.

There's nothing saying Yantis or his wife were drunk or not, but I can guess right along side you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

So the other eyewitness doesn't know when or if Yantis' rifle was fired? Good hell, Paradis by his own account posted by you doesn't know what happened and that's the point others have been trying to make. No one knows a damn thing, but a few of you sure think you do.

There's nothing saying Yantis or his wife were drunk or not, but I can guess right along side you.
That's not correct. Paradis' account presents his version of events. As such Paradis "knows" much of what happened, he just honestly doesn't know what went on with the gun itself. Several people know things about what happened that night. Would you also say the cops don't "know a damn thing"?

No evidence has been presented of Yantis being drunk. Certainly no evidence that we are aware of has been presented of Yantis' wife being drunk. The latter is what you authored, to the best of my knowledge. Nobody else.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

That's not correct. Paradis' account presents his version of events. As such Paradis "knows" much of what happened, he just honestly doesn't know what went on with the gun itself. Several people know things about what happened that night. Would you also say the cops don't "know a damn thing"?

No evidence has been presented of Yantis being drunk. Certainly no evidence that we are aware of has been presented of Yantis' wife being drunk. The latter is what you authored, to the best of my knowledge. Nobody else.

And don't you think knowing what happened with the gun is vital to the events that took place? And as I've stated every time, I can guess right along with everyone else whether alcohol was involved or not.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This is part of the only to date, ISP report on this investigation logged 11-02-2015 the day after the incident.

As deputies prepared to put the injured bull down, the owner of the bull, Jack Yantis, 62 of Council, arrived on scene with a rifle. The events that transpired over the course of the next few minutes are under investigation but, at this time, it is believed that two deputies and Mr. Yantis all fired their weapons. Mr. Yantis sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. One deputy sustained a minor injury

No mention of dispatch calling Jack or other points that the sworn and video statements from the family say.There is also the guest for dinner that has stayed quiet through this so far.I doubt you will see any disagreements in his statement either.

This ISP report is based solely on the deputies report,I assume.The final report coming soon will include all the witness's claims of what they saw or heard...

You can be sure the EMT's/Fire responders and the wrecker crew all have there versions also which only the locals know for now and why the community is split...

If and only if the other locals on scene tell a much different story of the events that happened,I will retract my feelings these deputy dudes are bonified Barney Fife nut jobs.Either way,Gerry Spence will have his way with them and there attorney or he would never have taken the case.

ISP and the FBI have history with Spence in Idaho and they did not fair well and neither will the two deputies in the end.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Still waiting to hear from the two people there that have the most knowledge of what happened...especially interested in their "why". Trying to hold my opinion until then.

Concerning Mr. Gerry Spence... I don't know the man, he may be a solid, trustworthy, good person. I can't say, never met the man or heard of him before. However, after reading some of the posts here it sounds like "he's gonna make them pay" whether they are innocent or guilty. No matter, they are gonna pay. Sounds kinda like an Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

And don't you think knowing what happened with the gun is vital to the events that took place? And as I've stated every time, I can guess right along with everyone else whether alcohol was involved or not.

You can guess to whomever you want to, but don't imply that I'm in on your guessing game, because I'm not. As to the gun, certainly it is a big piece of information, but if Paradis doesn't know, he doesn't know.

Page 119 of 175 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.