K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can the federal govt recognize an African Lion? They don't know what a North American Grey Wolf looks like. They should of asked Native American Indians to assist when they decided to re establish the Grey Wolf because our stupid Fish and Wildlife service established an "Invasive Species" into the United States, it is called the Canadian Timber Wolf, and it never was a resident in the Continental United States!

Do you think our Fish and Wildlife were smart enough to consult with the American Indian? No they didnt...........

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
As they say, "it's good enough for government work."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually unfortunately, you are correct! I actually had my lunch paid for by a native American Indian because I knew the difference. What many in the states don't realize is the spiritual importance and connection of the grey wolf and the American Indians. They certainly do know the difference and they are no more happy about the wrong species being introduced than others are, perhaps for differing reasons, but critically important to their heritage and culture.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sadly, another case where US Fish and Wildlife service think they know what is better for Africa, than Africans do.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Transformatioinal change comes in many forms.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Too bad Obama's father didn't get eaten by a lion prior to his hookup with Obama's mother.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BH63
Too bad Obama's father didn't get eaten by a lion prior to his hookup with Obama's mother.

Ya, but then, Bill Clinton might have gotten to her instead.....

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
is there any chance that this could be another emotional decision?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jmbn
is there any chance that this could be another emotional decision?

This has been a long time coming.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I think it means the end of lion hunting for Americans. The USFWS will simply decree that none of the African nations have adequate management programs, as they have decreed for elephant importation in Zimbabwe and Tanzania.

Dangerous game hunting will be for buffalo and leopard only. I give leopard hunting about five more years.

With no value on lions, they will all be shot off by poachers.

The population of Africa south of the Sahara, now about 1 billion, will be 3 billion by 2100 (according to the latest projections). That will eliminate any remaining hunting.

I'm glad I went when I did.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I think it means the end of lion hunting for Americans. The USFWS will simply decree that none of the African nations have adequate management programs, as they have decreed for elephant importation in Zimbabwe and Tanzania.

Dangerous game hunting will be for buffalo and leopard only. I give leopard hunting about five more years.

With no value on lions, they will all be shot off by poachers.

The population of Africa south of the Sahara, now about 1 billion, will be 3 billion by 2100 (according to the latest projections). That will eliminate any remaining hunting.

I'm glad I went when I did.

As am I- as of January 22, 2016, the new rule designating southern and eastern Africa lions as threatened, and northern Africa and Asian lions as endangered, goes int effect.

Any youngster growing up with the dream of going to Africa to hunt big cats someday will just have to read about it.
The real tragedy of this situation is that with the African lion no longer a valuable game species, it will be hunted to extinction by poachers and livestock ranchers, with no protection by local game enforcement due to lack of funding.
The arrogance and audacity of the administration and the USFWS to make decisions affecting game species in other countries is astounding.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who says we have to go by American rules when we are in Africa? I thought we had to obey their rules when in their country.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Vote for Trump.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Who says we have to go by American rules when we are in Africa? I thought we had to obey their rules when in their country.

True but the Obamunists rules prohibit importation into the US, not the hunting in Africa.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

372 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 35 invisible), 1,891 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,117
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.