Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 124 of 175 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
Let the courts decide and then we can argue facts.

That would fine if the "courts" were indeed deciding...but they aren't....the ISP....who have a record of coruption.....will deceide who to believe.....course.....their history of coruption in these types of investigations probably isn't relevent either.....

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Waput

Don't like facebook,huh..They have some cool stuff there like Lobo Watch..I took a snapshot just for you..Interesting reads there like this grandpa that killed 11,000 Coyotes through his years.

[Linked Image]

I would re-post what I just posted with the name but I already have if you look back in the post.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

That would fine if the "courts" were indeed deciding...but they aren't....the ISP....who have a record of coruption.....will deceide who to believe.....course.....their previous history probably isn't relevent either.....

Silly me I always thought an investigation preceded a trial

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The problem with waiting for the evidence is that neither the ISP, nor the Sheriff's department have any credibility.

We know the history of the Deputies -- but not because the ISP or the Sheriff have released any information.

We haven't seen dash cam or body cam footage. And we don;t have faith that it has been preserved. Especially Wood learned from the McCall case that having it turned off is less trouble.

So, why are we waiting? Pray, tell, WHY do we have to wait? Why are the records of the deputies not released, like Yantis' record was so swiftly released?

Oh, that's right. We're preserving the jury pool. There's a knee slapper. That's probably why they were so quick to release the Yantis record, right?

The longer ISP waits, the more obvious it is they are doing what they have done in previous investigations: hide evidence and intimidate witnesses.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by logcutter
Let's see,two deputies with a history of violence on people over 60, with one a convicted poacher while a police officer in McCall Idaho and the other worked five departments in 15 years..I'll go out on a limb here and say they both have some serious issues.Certainly not Idaho's finest.

Funny how Jack's DUI is relevent but LEO and their groupies ignore the two officers past history.....

No one is ignoring anything, but it is prudent to not rush to judgement based on the media.

I'm not so sure about that.....why just yesterday a LEO chimed in asking if Jack's toxicology report was out yet but wasn't in the least bit curious as to whether Adams county has released the deputies drug test records....or if they even conduct drug tests....

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
At least three of you live in Idaho. If you don't trust the ISP and/or the SO, what are you doing about it, besides bitching about it here?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That would fine if the "courts" were indeed deciding...but they aren't....the ISP....who have a record of coruption.....will deceide who to believe.....course.....their previous history probably isn't relevent either.....

Corrupt cops investigating incompetent trigger happy cops....this thing stinks on ice and you know it.....

But that's OK cause so does Spence.....

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
At least three of you live in Idaho. If you don't trust the ISP and/or the SO, what are you doing about it, besides bitching about it here?

I have said numerous times on this thread,I have and had friends that are officers including ISP,infact one is at post now.ISP investigations has the not so good reputation,not the ground pounders.The ISP ground pounders are pretty hard core with no wiggle room..An old friend that was ISP was often told by fellow officers he would arrest his own mother.

"Most" officers are good folk but like anything else, you have the rogue cops in the mix.Sometimes the comradery goes to far when a spade, should be called a spade.

I am not bitching about any officers except the two in this case and the fact that ISP investigations has a bad reputation for officer involved tragedies.

Maybe since this is has a higher profile with Spence and all,it might turn out different but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Corrupt cops investigating incompetent trigger happy cops....this thing stinks on ice and you know it.....

But that's OK cause so does Spence.....

I don't know any more than you do which isn't much and that is the point.

If you have faith in Mr. Spence to acquire justice, then what is the problem?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And you're a Douche Bag yet vaginas still smell.....looks like we all have some work to do....

Last edited by FieldGrade; 12/25/15.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by logcutter
Spot on! No way to establish guilt or innocence simply by reading media accounts.

I can agree some of the news media putting a spin on things but the live interviews from the victims is as close as you can get to the real real on the facts.They can't stray far from there sworn statements.

That is only part of the story though and we know that those same eyewitnesses are unclear on certain important aspects of the incident.

Hopefully, forensics on the rifle will determine if it was fired or not, and the testimony of the Deputies will answer some of the "Why's"...

My own take is that the Deputies have a whole lot of explaining to do about the entire episode not just the shooting, but they should be afforded that opportunity.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

And you're a Douche Bag yet vaginas still smell.....looks like we all have some work to do....

I can't help it if your old lady has a smelly cooter, maybe you should do something more about it than bitch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pete E

My own take is that the Deputies have a whole lot of explaining to do about the entire episode not just the shooting, but they should be afforded that opportunity.

The reality is that the conduct of the two deputies BEFORE the Yantis shooting was so egregious they should have been summarily canned.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch

The reality is that the conduct of the two deputies BEFORE the Yantis shooting was so egregious they should have been summarily canned.

They probably should've never been hired, to hear the way yall talk about them. But I'd imagine the county got exactly what they paid for.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"No one is ignoring anything, but it is prudent to not rush to judgement based on the media."

When someone posts a newspaper article about cops killing a gangbanger, y'all are quick to accept the account as factual and trip all over one another high fiving.

And you don't know a damn thing about it except what the media reported.

Hypocrites.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Hopefully, forensics on the rifle will determine if it was fired or not, and the testimony of the Deputies will answer some of the "Why's"...

This is the one item not in question. From written witness reports we do know Mr Yantis's rifle was definitely discharged at some point after a deputy laid hands upon him.

What is in question is where exactly the muzzle was pointed at that moment.

And I question also just how, self proclaimed, highly trained and experienced deputies could possibly believe they were in any danger from a bolt action rifle which had been discharged, but not cycled.

I can understand, possibly the mistake made by the deputy shooting Mr Yantis in the stomach after he made the mistake of laying hands on the man for no reason.

But I can find no excuse for the second deputy standing off at some distance who chose to pump four more rounds into Mr Yantis's chest.

The Sheriff's statements indicate one deputy used an AR. I understand the dangers of making an assumption, but I have a hard time imagining the first deputy grabbing Mr Yantis by the shoulder, then grabbing the rifle scope with one hand while simultaneously controlling his own rifle and firing.

It only makes sense that the first deputy had a pistol in his hand when he accosted Mr Yantis. And it makes sense that he fired that pistol by reflex when the rifle discharged in close proximety.

But the second deputy, if he chose at that moment to pump several rifle rounds into a man's chest who could not possibly bring lethal force to bear on him, is guilty of murder.

Were it private citezins who had shot a man under these exact same circumstances, they would be in jail right now awaiting trial. Instead, several weeks later the two deputies are sitting at home collecting their paychecks and accruing benefits.

Some might wonder if ISP has not released findings yet, because they are still searching for an appropiately sized Adams Co Sheriff's Office uniform with a 20 cal bullet hole and powder burns.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anybody else here being BOTHERED by this jwp475 twit via an unceasing barrage of idiotic PMs ?

....quite a piece of work, this one.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nobody sends me PM's since I was pronounced crazy and a threat to society.

You must be OK. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
This is the one item not in question. From written witness reports we do know Mr Yantis's rifle was definitely discharged at some point after a deputy laid hands upon him.

What is in question is where exactly the muzzle was pointed at that moment.

And I question also just how, self proclaimed, highly trained and experienced deputies could possibly believe they were in any danger from a bolt action rifle which had been discharged, but not cycled.

I can understand, possibly the mistake made by the deputy shooting Mr Yantis in the stomach after he made the mistake of laying hands on the man for no reason.

But I can find no excuse for the second deputy standing off at some distance who chose to pump four more rounds into Mr Yantis's chest.

The Sheriff's statements indicate one deputy used an AR. I understand the dangers of making an assumption, but I have a hard time imagining the first deputy grabbing Mr Yantis by the shoulder, then grabbing the rifle scope with one hand while simultaneously controlling his own rifle and firing.

It only makes sense that the first deputy had a pistol in his hand when he accosted Mr Yantis. And it makes sense that he fired that pistol by reflex when the rifle discharged in close proximety.

But the second deputy, if he chose at that moment to pump several rifle rounds into a man's chest who could not possibly bring lethal force to bear on him, is guilty of murder.

Were it private citezins who had shot a man under these exact same circumstances, they would be in jail right now awaiting trial. Instead, several weeks later the two deputies are sitting at home collecting their paychecks and accruing benefits.

Some might wonder if ISP has not released findings yet, because they are still searching for an appropiately sized Adams Co Sheriff's Office uniform with a 20 cal bullet hole and powder burns.

Another eyewitness who was at the scene. I hope they got your statement, or at the very least, a sit-down with you and Spence.

And have you seen the statements from at least two other star witnesses saying they don't know when or if Yantis' rifle was fired or not?

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by Dutch

They probably should've never been hired, to hear the way yall talk about them. But I'd imagine the county got exactly what they paid for.

And that right there is a sad FACT.

Also a little scary as Adams County payscale is surely comparable to most any rural Idaho county, and assuredly higher than paid by many small rural municipalities.

Idaho counties and towns may be quite well populared by uniformed trigger happy fools.

As mentioned before, it is no secret that highly employable officers quickly migrate from the small rural forces into the greater Boise metro area where pay is much higher, and the best move toward ISP.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 124 of 175 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.