-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dang, reading through this thread makes it sound like Californians are just like Yankees.
They move away from their chithole, and bring their liberal politics with them, in order to ruin another State.
Reminds me of muslims. They want to leave their chithole third world countries, and contaminate their new homes.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Excellent input and kind advice. Please keep them coming. Advice that is; not us Californians.

The Texas State motto is "Texas...a State of Mind".

People who move here and want it to be somewhere else have a difficult time with us, and us with them. They will NEVER be Texans.

You're a Texan and don't even know it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I've actually heard from people that live in traditionally conservative states complain about California exporting too many radicals, not just the wacky brain dead liberals that most associate with the PRK, but super hard core right wingers that have twisted off in anger from decades of liberal repression.

Most every person I associate with are to the right of right, heavily armed, pro hunting, trapping, pro freedom, anti regulation and taxes, mind your own business patriots that love traditional western culture that just happened to be born in the wrong state.

Most here know my gig, I don't think I'd have a problem in even the most conservative culture...

You wouldn't, but you might find out you're not as conservative as you think. Not saying your aren't, but we see it all the time.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
"worst things California emigrees do to your state"

Move here and stay.
Exactly-go the ****** back where you came from.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by arkypete
Have a look at Colorado. There is a prime example of California ruining a lovely place.

Jim

yep... they set up a "Cali-phate".

.... like tears in the rain
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess i have to plead guilty.
I moved here from California 17 years ago and I've been trying to make Colorado more like Wyoming every since.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Lose the tan first.
Hint.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by NVhntr
"worst things California emigrees do to your state"

Move here and stay.

Another +1

Go someplace else.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Move here. Stay. And then try to change the place to "be like it was back home".

Retired cat herder.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
My experience with CA immigrants is that they immediately try to change where ever they land into what they left.....I can't explain why but it really does seem to be ingrained in them.....avoid the urge and you'll be fine.....

I'll agree with Field Grade and the other boys here on that one...

being 25 miles north of the state line, we get a boatload of them here...my biggest gripe is that Oregon isn't California...

first words out of their mouth is... "well in California we..."
which the first words in my usual response is... 'then if it was so wonderful, why did you leave? Why don't you just go back and you won't have any complaints....'

not all of them, but enough of them.... come up here and do really stupid stuff....like you can't get thru there head, that this is not a petting zoo...quit feeding the animals so you can take pictures to send back to your family in California...I have neighbors that feed deer muffins they buy at Costco just for that reason.....

and then we have things called Speed Limit signs...45 mph in town doesn't mean 65 mph....ya wanna do 85 on the freeway, thats fine... but around town... a speed limit is a friggin speed limit... not a suggestion... and a stop sign or red light in town means STOP... not tap the brake lights and floor it....

and don't bring this intellectually superiority attitude... surprisingly we have college educated people here also... the locals are a lot smarter than you might think...and we aren't "quaint"...

personally Ranger Green, I think you'll be fine... you're not the California AHole type... a lot of forum members aren't that are CA residents...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have a look at Colorado. There is a prime example of California ruining a lovely place.

Jim

And Austin... and Seattle....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree Colorado is being ruined quickly. I been here since the 70s. Came here to hunt and fish, then never left again. Now I have to fight the people moving here in Denver and Boulder. They got the right to smoke pot now but they want to shut down all guns and hunting. Trapping too. I used to be able to buy all most any gun (within the 1968 limits) but now there are some rifles and pistols you cannot buy just because they hold more than 15 rounds. That stops you from buying some 22 rifles, pistols, and a few other fun models. I hope we can change it back but I am afraid we are losing the war. So if you come here just make sure it is to help fight for are freedoms and less government control. Small mom and pop businesses are regulated to death.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
When can one claim the state he has moved to as "his state", if ever?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by EdM
When can one claim the state he has moved to as "his state", if ever?

Where are you from?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I've actually heard from people that live in traditionally conservative states complain about California exporting too many radicals, not just the wacky brain dead liberals that most associate with the PRK, but super hard core right wingers that have twisted off in anger from decades of liberal repression.

Most every person I associate with are to the right of right, heavily armed, pro hunting, trapping, pro freedom, anti regulation and taxes, mind your own business patriots that love traditional western culture that just happened to be born in the wrong state.

Most here know my gig, I don't think I'd have a problem in even the most conservative culture...

You wouldn't, but you might find out you're not as conservative as you think. Not saying your aren't, but we see it all the time.

Exactly, many are just lepers with the most fingers.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's kinda like Obama. He may have been born in Hawaii, but he's not an American.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Exactly, many are just lepers with the most fingers.

Yep.

War Damn Eagle!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The one thing we often see is the impact on large acreage prices. We live in a very rural area with typical property sizes ranging from 40 - 500 acres (other than the federal government which owns many thousands of acres). What we have seen a number of times are Californians selling their 2 bedroom/1 bath bungalow for over a $1 million and then coming here and paying more than double per acre than what it is worth for local buyers. It is now common for local sellers to list their properties for 50% more than comps in the hope of "scraping off a California buyer". 4 of our closest neighbors have moved here from California in the last 10 years. So - don't overpay for property - even if by California standards it looks really cheap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
My experience with CA immigrants is that they immediately try to change where ever they land into what they left.....I can't explain why but it really does seem to be ingrained in them.....avoid the urge and you'll be fine.....

And that is just what the Muslims will do to the US and Europe. They want their life and culture in toto just not the cesspool they left. That includes Sharia and demanding massive concessions from the host cultures.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brazos

Jim

And Austin... and Seattle....

And Salt Lake City

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

341 members (1lesfox, 160user, 2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 1,989 guests, and 1,095 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,026
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.