Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 126 of 175 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 174 175
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Shooter,as you know,New Meadows to the north of Council is contracted out to Adams county for police protection as well as Riggins to the north of there whom is contracted out to Idaho county for police protection.Neither has a police department.

It's easy to forget earlier post and the fact that the family was not the only witness's..Just one from facebook for the great Wapiti.I am sure there are more taken so many were there..

As you also remember the disagreement between Yantis and the deputies seemed to be from Jack wanting to shoot the bull in a way to preserve the meat, as reported by someone who was there.

[Linked Image]

Horacio

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Ranchers are generally lucky to break even which probably explains why cops are so much better.

I'm not sure why it's always farmers and ranchers who get touted as "barely breaking even". Some years they pay their bills, some years they go into debt, some years they put a little money away.

That describes probably 70% of this country.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've never lost money working, get paid every month regardless. Of course I'm also not self-employed.

Quick search said around 6-7% of the work force is self employed.

I take it you're not a detective.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Evidently not, because I have no idea what any of that meant.

I was just making an observation that farmers and ranchers don't have the market cornered on being "lucky to break even". There are lots of folks in that predicament.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Ranchers are generally lucky to break even which probably explains why cops are so much better.

I'm not sure why it's always farmers and ranchers who get touted as "barely breaking even". Some years they pay their bills, some years they go into debt, some years they put a little money away.

That describes probably 70% of this country.

Maybe it is because they do usually barely break even though many not familiar with the business assume otherwise.

Montana MOFO
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I was just making an observation that farmers and ranchers don't have the market cornered on being "lucky to break even". There are lots of folks in that predicament.

Self-employed compared to a paid salary are too completely different things.

Some who makes $800 a week and barely breaks even, is living above their means. When someone self employeed and the market decides good/bad year its different.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I was nuts and post a lot of tinfoil horse [bleep] all the time

I took the liberty of heavily editing your post into what I considered the pertinent facts.

The gist here is I respectfully agree.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by keystoneben

Self-employed compared to a paid salary are too completely different things.

Some who makes $800 a week and barely breaks even, is living above their means. When someone self employeed and the market decides good/bad year its different.

No, they're living above your arbitrary standard of what someone's "means" are. You have no idea what other people have to do with their money.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My wife knows EXACTLY how much money she is going to make in a month/year. She is a salaried wage earner which makes it incredibly easy to budget and live within her means.

She also invests $0 into her job which makes it pretty tough to go broke working. Of course she(or anyone else with a job) could get fired and then she would have to find another job. Happens all the time, hell it happened to me when the construction industry took a hit back in 2009. I moved on and found another job. Took a big pay cut it sucked but I didn't lose my ass and go bankrupt.

Now if you're self employed and have a yearly operating loan, land payments, cattle payments, machinery payments, feed payments not to mention the everyday costs of living it is a little different deal.

Living within your means takes a whole new meaning when the markets go to hell and you lose more money than you make. And obviously this holds true for any small business.

Honestly I am happy to get paid every month, don't have the personality to gamble and take out big loans.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been in both camps and each one has its advantages and drawbacks.

I believe that it takes a little more LUCK to make it in a small business than it does to have a good career working for someone else.

It seems that at one time a small business could get "right sized" and stay there. Now, the "Grow or go" dynamic makes survival a lot more "iffy". My deceased FIL did well farming and ranching until he started expanding to make room for his son in the business. Then he went broke and lost everything.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This officer that was involved in the Jack Yantis shooting, clearly believes he is above the law.He committed this crime while still a McCall PD police officer..His employment ended shortly after.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by logcutter; 12/27/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our CCC will not see that as relevant. But a decades old DUI by Mr. Yantis IS relevant.

It's just the way they think.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It clearly shows that he believes he is above the law and can do whatever he wants without reprimand. Although his employment as a police officer in McCall ended shortly after the poaching incident,according to the records .

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Another officer involved shooting in Idaho but handled correctly..They had there body camera's on and first aid was administered to the victim,something Jack did not get.

Just to show how wrong the Yantis shooting was handled.

Donahue said investigators believe Heredia fired his gun, but it's unclear whether the suspect or the officers shot first. The Canyon County Sheriff's Office crime lab is working to determine the sequence of events, he said.

Paramedics performed first aid at the scene, before taking Heredia to Saint Alphonsus in Boise in an ambulance. Neither of the officers were hurt. Both have been placed on paid administrative leave. Donahue said the officers involved had multiple years of experience.

Donahue said at least one of the officers was wearing a body camera when the shooting happened; the audio and video captured by the device has been turned over to investigators. The Critical Incident Task Force was activated after the shooting, and the Canyon County Sheriff's Office will act as the lead investigating agency.

Four children and a male relative of inside the house when the shooting happened. Investigators who searched Heredia's house after the shooting found several other firearms, Donahue said.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by logcutter
It clearly shows that he believes he is above the law and can do whatever he wants without reprimand. Although his employment as a police officer in McCall ended shortly after the poaching incident,according to the records .

You're right. If you've ever committed a crime you clearly think you're above the law and can do whatever you want without reprimand. Just be sure to apply that to the two criminal cops, Yantis, and every witness. I'd be totally fine with that and not believing a word that any of them say.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by logcutter
This officer that was involved in the Jack Yantis shooting, clearly believes he is above the law.He committed this crime while still a McCall PD police officer..His employment ended shortly after.

[Linked Image]

Either wasn't convicted or the Idaho POST Council must not give a chit. Probably a cover-up by the ISP F&G.... whistle

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Our CCC will not see that as relevant. But a decades old DUI by Mr. Yantis IS relevant.

It's just the way they think.

Look, it's the head (no pun intended) of the CSC.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Will styxhunter be invited to battle the winner?

We'd need the jaws-of-life to get Bristoe's mouth off his dick.

Dave

I don't know if there are 12 step groups for guys suffering from a fascination with male genitalia, but you and Steelhead could start one.

One more thing for the both of you to think about:

Given all the years y'all have fed at the Gov't trough, it's too late for you ever to match mine, Bristoe's, and Greg's accomplishments. But one day you will be older than we are now.

Unless your smart mouths forget one day that you are in the real world, not cyberspace, and some guy brings your cuteness to a sudden halt.

I know. Why do you think I left your hunting camp early? [bleep] driving around with loaded/chambered rifles on 4 wheelers. You walking around showing me stuff with a chambered rifle on your shoulder and the muzzle swinging by my head a couple of times.

Didn't take long to realize what an unsafe bunch you were.

Of course you are GREAT at reading sign, that's why you have 5 ex-wives, TFF.

You truly can't make this stuff up. But you are correct, I aspire to be divorced 100 times, kicked out of the military and be such a [bleep] up mess of a drunk that the only one that will talk to me is Jesus.

Only then can I be a TRUE Christian solider such as you!

In response to a dare.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Just be sure to apply that to the two criminal cops, Yantis, and every witness. I'd be totally fine with that and not believing a word that any of them say.

You can't be serious.Police policing by day and robbing by night..Are not police officers to be held to a higher standard than a logger having one to many?

How can you compare an active police officer violating the law he swore to uphold to an old logger having one to many and getting a DUI?

The guy poached and wasted the meat while employed by the McCall PD and his employment ended shortly after..He got re-hired by Adams county and look what followed,more cowboy $hit instead of reasonable interpretation and counter measures that did not include the needless killing of an innocent man trying to do what he was called to do by dispatch.

Dash and body cams and nothing was on,go figure!

Page 126 of 175 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.