Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have three Kimber rifles, one 84 Classic Select in 257 Roberts, a 8400 in 25-06 and an Clackamass (sp?) 82 in 22lr. All purchased on the Fire and all shoot better than 95% of the population (including me) can. So far, I see no downside other than I find that I personally shoot a heavier rifle off-hand better than the light weights, but with rest they are very good. I like them so much that I have moved the majority of my 700's
to free up space with exception the to the sacred cows.

CK
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They need to quit coming out with new crap, drop half their pistol lineup and actually produce rifles that they have listed on their website, but that are never available.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
There's a lot of Kimber classics in the classifieds right now. Why???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
There's a lot of Kimber classics in the classifieds right now. Why???

Because people have figured out what they are really worth! Was able to pick up a couple at silly prices, now people are actually asking real prices for them. Since I live in the Peoples Republic of NY, I refuse to post how many of them I own...

That said, the only ones that seem to spend any amount of time on the classifieds are the WSM calibers, personally am not a fan unless it's really cheap so I can change it to a 350 WM...

Talent is what you're born with, skills are what you earn. - Rod Smith

Time flies, but remember, you are the pilot!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I would like to get one, but unlike some other brands I would have to test fire the rifle before I would want to pay what one is worth. Beautiful riles, but they scare the c**p out me buying untested.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smithrjd
I would like to get one, but unlike some other brands I would have to test fire the rifle before I would want to pay what one is worth. Beautiful riles, but they scare the c**p out me buying untested.

Honestly, GET OVER IT!

Just buy one. You won't regret it.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AB2506

Honestly, GET OVER IT!

We shouldn't be scared of rifles. If they don't shoot,fix them, sell them, trade them, whip them down range like a boomerang(I watched a friend to that grin or give them away to someone you don't really like.

But don't be scared of them.

There are far more important things in life to be concerned about than some stupid rifle.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Yeah when Remington came out with the M7 Custom KS in 7/08 and 308 with 18-20" barrels years back the northeast boys scoffed at those, too. They thought they were funny looking... smile

Today one hits the shelves used and it lasts 10 minutes.

Thankfully western deer hunters don't design rifles for eastern deer hunting...western deer hunters may have little use for short, handy rifles but mostly they don't spend days and hours on their feet in heavy cover, on the move, and controlling rifles with one hand.

Do enough of that and you quickly figure out that 22" barrels certainly work but are a tad superfluous....something I notice every deer season back here, like ..."Who needs this"?

Color? With the number of McSwirley's and gap camo we see on here and suddenly folks have a problem with "color"?

Kudo's to Kimber for offering something a bit different and suited to a purpose! wink

I do admit the scopes gotta go, though. grin

I agree 100% Bob.

An 18" barrel is very handy in heavy cover, and the camo stock doesn't bother me (I like the colors of it better than the Ascent).

The fluting and lightening are kinda gimmicky, but they do save some weight.

I'd still just buy a Montana and lop it to 18" for similar results at a big savings, but to some guys $500 is no big deal to have something a little more unique.

Ascents in all calibers are selling well (I saw a 280AI go for almost $2600 on auction) and I expect the Adirondak will sell well too.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by AB2506

Honestly, GET OVER IT!

You can spend a lot more money chasing your vision of the perfect lightweight rifle, and never get as close.

Trust me.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Whelen the older I get the more appealing that goofy looking little Adirondack (and things like it)appeal to me for my hunting back east here.

Stick me out west and I am fine with the standard stuff....but I have used those little Rem 7's in 7/08 back here and they pile bucks up pretty well. smile

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm with you Bob.

At the ranges shots are taken in my neck of the woods, there's no real drawback to an 18" barrel, and the handiness is a big plus.

Hunting on the move, it's the only way to go.

I think a 20" Montana 7-08 would be the cats azz.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'd have gone 20" myself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

MUCH cheaper to just get an 84M Montana and cut it down. Heck you can get it lighter than the Adirondack and still save a few hundred bucks if you really wanted to go lightweight. However, you can likely save well over $500 just finding a 84M and cutting it down to 20" and not have the stupid colored stock. laugh

My Kimber Montana .308 with 20" barrel and some other things done to put it on a diet. 4 pounds 13 oz naked, and 5.5 pounds with a scope.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Alaska: That works! I ain't fussy.... wink smile

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

MUCH cheaper to just get an 84M Montana and cut it down. Heck you can get it lighter than the Adirondack and still save a few hundred bucks if you really wanted to go lightweight. However, you can likely save well over $500 just finding a 84M and cutting it down to 20" and not have the stupid colored stock. laugh

My Kimber Montana .308 with 20" barrel and some other things done to put it on a diet. 4 pounds 13 oz naked, and 5.5 pounds with a scope.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What else did you do to lighten it up besides cutting a couple inches off the barrel?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
everyone would love them if we could all get one for what my buddy payed a few weeks ago. a guy came in to the gun store he works at with a montana in 270 and 200 rds of ammo. he wanted to sell it to pay bills. the shop owner wouldn't buy it saying they were to hard to sell. my buddy took the guys number and called a few hours later and bought it for 600 with the ammo and a compact 2x7 loopy.

stupid shop owner never asked what he wanted for it.

Last edited by srwshooter; 01/24/14.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Never put your value on something without hearing what the seller is asking!

I really like my Kimber 7mm08 Montana. I had two and talked myself down to one in the downsize of 2013. I will probably own another in a year or two but in something different. Maybe a .280ai.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Tag

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
0 problems with mine, all tack drivers

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hunting1
I would like one!

Me too...if the accuracy, fit, finish, customer satisfaction, and customer service was equal to the price.

Till then I can be satisfied with heavy, ugly euro trash that shoots little bitty groups out of the box.

I don't buy many new Guns, and with kimber I fear buying someone else's burden that they couldn't get to shoot.
Now, if I found one that I could shoot a few of my loads through and was happy with the accuracy...I could be interested.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12savage, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,912
Posts18,479,552
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.