Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Originally Posted by Steelhead
After you hear for the 1000th time from a Christian that you are going to hell for not believing in Jesus you know the definition of a Christian.

That is unfortunate cause that is NOT our job. Our job is to make people want what we have by showing the love of Jesus through our actions. I apologize for any Christian that has said that to you. Not the way to do it, and i understand your distaste for the faith and our people.

Be good and take care and try not to be so damn hard on us. We're not all against you man. No $hit we arent.

To this point I've been told by Christians that I am going to hell because I wasn't the same denomination that they were. I'm Catholic, this particular person was a Baptist.

All the while, MojoHand, quite satisfied with himself, continues to laugh.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
After you hear for the 1000th time from a Christian that you are going to hell for not believing in Jesus you know the definition of a Christian.

I really don't care what the hell you do or don't do. Guess that makes me a pretty bad Christian. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What should be and what is are two entirely different things.

As already stated in this thread, to be a Christian you have had to accept Christ, which makes sense.

Unfortunately, for many, that's the get out of jail free card.

A sad state of affairs but spot on true. I understand that many christians do more to drive others away than do good. There have been several on the Fire that make great examples.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

That is unfortunate cause that is NOT our job. Our job is to make people want what we have by showing the love of Jesus through our actions. I apologize for any Christian that has said that to you. Not the way to do it, and i understand your distaste for the faith and our people.

Be good and take care and try not to be so damn hard on us. We're not all against you man. No $hit we arent.

I know, just like not all Northerners are Yankees. I can read sign pretty well, hence I don't thumb many a Christian on the 'Fire, just like I don't many a northerner.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by heavywalker

To this point I've been told by Christians that I am going to hell because I wasn't the same denomination that they were. I'm Catholic, this particular person was a Baptist.

That is the kind or total BS many christians spew. If he and others like him would pick up their Bible and study what it says they would know better. The my way of Hell crowd really ticks me off.

I belong to no denomination, I am a follower of Jesus Christ.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
After reading this whole thing I believe it makes no difference what Christians think it takes to make a Christian. It's what God thinks that make it in the end.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Scott F
After reading this whole thing I believe it makes no difference what Christians think it takes to make a Christian. It's what God thinks that make it in the end.

It doesn't matter what you believe..........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't care if people are Christian's, Hindu's Celtic Pagans or whatever, I just wish they would all stop proselytizing and stfu.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
According to me, a Christian is a person who has accepted Christ's gift of salvation through His atoning death on the cross for forgiveness of sins. We are saved by grace, through faith. My response to that is to do my best to live as Christ-like a life as I can.

Penny

It's good to see you post on the 'fire, Mz Penny.

A Christian is someone in a relationship with the Living Christ.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

I know, just like not all Northerners are Yankees. I can read sign pretty well, hence I don't thumb many a Christian on the 'Fire, just like I don't many a northerner.

So what's a northern and what's a yankee?

Sounds like a bunch of pigeon holes to me.

The fire seems to need a lot of special labels to keep track of all the folks that a guy has to hate to be liked around here. Too much PC for me.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm just glad I'm NOT a Southerner. Damn, the burden it must be.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BFD

So what's a northern and what's a yankee?

Sounds like a bunch of pigeon holes to me.

The fire seems to need a lot of special labels to keep track of all the folks that a guy has to hate to be liked around here. Too much PC for me.

Someone with a terminal case of pussy hurt, like yourself.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
I'm just glad I'm NOT a Southerner. Damn, the burden it must be.

We can't all live in states that elect Obama. Congrats?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Just saw a report claiming Islam will overtake Christianity in numbers by the end of the century (due to age and birth rate demographics, etc).

If that's the case then it boils down to basic math and "we inna heap o trouble boy"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Based on the following, it doesn't seem possible that 2.2 BILLION of the world's people could be Christians:

Matthew 7:14
"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." (English Standard Version)
Or, if you prefer the King James...
"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

"Few" is few either way. Of all the world's religions, a third subscribing to a single faith would not be "few." So it's unlikely that some political researcher can actually identify who are the Christians for purposes other than political targeting.

It's also clear that not everyone who self-identifies as a Christian is actually a Christian. This would be according to Jesus, who said in Matthew 7:21-23:
"(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone who isn't a damn Muslim is a Christian as far as I'm concerned when it comes to picking sides for the coming war.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Flave. 7. 13 thowest go forth and FY

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

As already stated in this thread, to be a Christian you have had to accept Christ, which makes sense.

A sad state of affairs but spot on true. I understand that many christians do more to drive others away than do good. There have been several on the Fire that make great examples.

Scott,

You should read your post that I quoted, and read your post directly before it...and quit while you're behind.

These kind of posts are designed to bring out the worst in people. It almost always works. Don't take the bait.

GB

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks be to all the flippant for the light and the salt. Amen

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Scott,

You should read your post that I quoted, and read your post directly before it...and quit while you're behind.

These kind of posts are designed to bring out the worst in people. It almost always works. Don't take the bait.

GB

An enlightened one...

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 64 invisible), 3,018 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,617
Posts18,492,642
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.