Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak
We're up in Connie's room. She's alert and in good humor; everything seems to be fine except for some pain in the leg, as well as miscellaneous small discomforts that the nurses say are common to amputation surgery. Her stump is braced to keep it straight and elevated; at the moment she and her husband are busy making eyes at each other.

Things are going as well as could be expected. Thanks again for the prayers.

God certainly is good.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Barak and Penny

I am out of the country right now. This is the first time I have seen this post. I will be keeping Connie recovery in my prayers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
God certainly is good.

Absolutely! All the time.

Thanks again to everyone who prayed. I can't even begin to express how much it means to us, and how important it is.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Do they have any idea how long she will have to be on the chemotherapy injections?

She'll have them every two weeks through an IV. How long that will repeat, we don't know. I guess until the doctors determine that the disease has gone into remission (kind of like chemo for cancer).

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers sent again for you good people.Healing and happiness is right over the horizon.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Barak & Family,

I don't have prayers to offer you folks and Connie. But I do have good thoughts to offer, plus this.

My sister, who is now 54, caught spinal meningitis in the babies ward right after birth. Her left leg was severely impacted and just curled up under her. Also bladder control and pooping problems.

She lived most of her childhood on crutches, leg braces, and wheelchairs as she had MANY operations to save her leg. Spent mucho weeks in hospitals. She also wore diapers until her teens. She also missed a full 2 years of school but didn't have to make it up because she is extremely intelligent. Kids can be BRUTALLY CRUEL to others who are different!!!

In her teens, she and my parents finally made the decision to amputate her leg above the knee and move on. Best decision ever made........albeit a little late.

She got a prosthesis and her other health problems went away and she just blossomed, miraculously. Trying to save that leg was draining her physically and mentally. She is a college graduate and an independent journalist today. She gets around fine with the modern prosthesis' that we have available today.

She has always lived with her situation since a baby so she knows no other.

Anyway, she gets around fine and doesn't complain as she is happy to be alive. And she is pretty cocky and opinionated and doesn't hold back!!!

Just my $.02. I hope Connie does well!

Last edited by Hombre; 12/31/15.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the positive report - looking forward to more of the same. Connie and her husband must be quite a couple. Any chance of a photo of them?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any chance of a photo of them?

Not a good idea. After all, this IS still the Campfire.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
glad to hear she came thru surgery well.the lady that i know that had the same thing adjusted fairly easy to losing both legs and is back at work and doing great.both are lucky .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wonderful news Sir. Again, our prayers will continue.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fantastic news Penny and Barak. Prayer works. I will be praying for a fast and complete recovery.

Jim

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
New batch of prayers outbound.
Give the young couple my best.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The most sincere prayer that I know how to say for Connie's recovery.

This, from here too.

And from here too ......

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wonderful news. Prayers continue.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best of Luck to Connie, and all the family..

Here's to a speedy recovery.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hallelujah!

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I was absent from the fire over the holiday season, so I missed this. Glad it went as well and it did and prayers will be offered for her full and event free recovery. God bless you all!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Some of you asked for continuing updates. I just got back from an industry conference to hear Penny say that there's good reason to believe that Connie will be going home from the hospital tomorrow.

She's been hobbling around the hospital with a walker and a physical therapist to roll her IV stand, and evidently up and down at least one floor of stairs with crutches.

The other day she got her second round of biweekly chemotherapy treatment for her Wegener's.

Her husband has completely rearranged the furniture on the first floor of their house, and purchased a couple of interesting new pieces.

I think she'll be pretty happy to be home.

Thanks again...

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Great news, thanks for the update Barak.

Connie sounds like a tuff gal......Good thing she takes after Penny. grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the update Barak. I am happy to hear that she is doing so well. There is no place like home. smile

Jim

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 55 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,502 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,194
Posts18,485,002
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.