Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
A new issue of RifleShooter showed up today, and there's an article about these rifles.

Took a look, and they look really nice, for a reasonable price.

Here's a link to their site:

http://www.legendaryarmsworks.com/

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That might just be a winner right there. Wonder if the entire action is stainless ?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I like the looks of that.

One of the dealers is close by.

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/16/15.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Nice looking rifles.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
But no left hand option! Such is the life of a lefty

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the looks of that. Couple of things I noticed; the Closer and Professional are listed with the same weights. However, the Professional is touted as being their 'lightweight' model. Also, the 10" twist on the 243... They did go with a 8" on the 6.5 cartridges though. If my memory and a quick internet search + intuition are correct, these appear to be a reincarnation of the rifle action that Ed Brown/Brown Precision used to make. The number is the same.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
thats a great price point for what they are offering but time will tell...thats the old Ed Brown action that he used on his rifles along with Mark Bansers high tech stock and who knows what barrel manufacturer......if they have the fit and finish of Marks previous rifles when he made them under his name I can see me with one

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by pointer
I like the looks of that. Couple of things I noticed; the Closer and Professional are listed with the same weights. However, the Professional is touted as being their 'lightweight' model. Also, the 10" twist on the 243... They did go with a 8" on the 6.5 cartridges though. If my memory and a quick internet search + intuition are correct, these appear to be a reincarnation of the rifle action that Ed Brown/Brown Precision used to make. The number is the same.

I'd like a close-up look at the right bolt lug. It looks as though they take a pretty good sized chunk out of it to house the extractor.

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Well, I just placed an order for a "closer" in .243. No idea on delivery date yet as the sales person is going to follow up with my FFL today. I figured it's worth a shot with Mark's name attached to the company, as well as Craig Boddington using them on his tv show. The rifles have all the right parts, the only question is how well they will be screwed together.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Lefthand option please. I think Ed Brown offered the action in a left hand version.

Also faster twist (1-8) options for vld type bullets in 22, 24, 28.

And 1-9 twist for 25 and .27 cal.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gene270
thats a great price point for what they are offering but time will tell...thats the old Ed Brown action that he used on his rifles along with Mark Bansers high tech stock and who knows what barrel manufacturer......if they have the fit and finish of Marks previous rifles when he made them under his name I can see me with one

Mark made a heck of a nice rifle and they were very accurate too. IIRC, he used Lilja barrels whereas the Brown rifles used Shilen. Depending on who's barrel they are using, these rifles seem to be pricing very fairly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I just noticed the first rifle pic on their Facebook page has a blind magazine so maybe someone messed up the specs on those two rifles. They do clearly state that one is their "lightweight" model and the other is their "medium" weight rifle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDFinn

I just noticed the first rifle pic on their Facebook page has a blind magazine so maybe someone messed up the specs on those two rifles. They do clearly state that one is their "lightweight" model and the other is their "medium" weight rifle.
I figure it's a typo, just something I noticed.

Anyone happen to know what the mag length is on the short action?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just to be clear...the action made by Ed Brown was not made by Brown Precision. The only thing in common is the name " Brown ". Likewise Mark Bansner should not be confused with Mark Brown who runs Brown Precision.
Both are really great guys.

Last edited by RinB; 01/16/15.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RinB
Just to be clear...the action made by Ed Brown was not made by Brown Precision. The only thing in common is the name " Brown ". Likewise Mark Bansner should not be confused with Mark Brown who runs Brown Precision.
Both are really great guys.

Thanks for clarifying that. I definitely got that one wrong.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I shot the Closer model the other day at the SHOT media day. VERY nice rifle. Was sort of a fluke that I even shot it as I never even heard of the company. Only put a couple rounds through it. Fit and finish was top notch, we were easily ringing steel at a little over 450 yards off the bench. I think it was in 26 Nosler but cant recall. Street price will be around $1400ish.

Lots of good stuff - great stock, stainless barrel with Cerakote, claw extractor, solid warranty. Between these rifles and the Montana Rifle Company rifles I am seriously questioning my Winchester loyalty.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They look very sharp. Great cartridges as well.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn

I figure it's a typo, just something I noticed.

Anyone happen to know what the mag length is on the short action?

I spoke with someone from Legendary Arms today and they said that the pic of the rifle on their FB page with the blind mag was a prototype rifle they had made for someone.

R
R
Greetings All,

I am posting answers to questions and other information on this thread to avoid duplication to my original posting here:

Legendary Arms Works Rifles-A new rifle manufacturing company

Please direct any questions to that thread.

Thanks for your interest in our rifles and the feedback and opinions,
Paul

T
T
I bought a LAW Professional in 28 Nosler. I have to say, it is the most accurate hunting rifle I own. I have a custom 700 in 280AI, I have a couple Coopers, and this sucker is not only a smoker but super accurate. I was completely blown away. I zero'd it at 200 yards off a bench and it shoots quarter size groups...with factory Nosler 175 grain ABLR.

No, I don't work for Legendary Arms.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,184
Posts18,484,764
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.