Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Assuming we elect a pro-business administration once we get through this next economic downturn oil use should skyrocket.

Plus we have ended the oil export ban so Canada can ship it out after paying the US taxes on every barrel.

Canada needs the cash. It might not be the perfect time for investment but that crude will be valuable eventually, may as well get the infrastructure in place.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by ltppowell
It's about damn time. Those pigs need to be roasted for their leftist d-baggery.

Originally Posted by huntersdog
My understanding is that trains transport oil daily to Texas.
TransCanada is going to make $$$$ no matter what.

And that's supposed to be an efficient method?

If that were the case we'd have a rail line running from Valdez to Deadhorse.

Efficiency isn't the goal here. Those are George Soros's trains.

I thought they were Buffet's. Either way both those scumbags need to wake up to 180 grs of Match-Grade Karma.

You're right. My bad.

Well Pat your not so wrong.
Buffet owns the engines, tracks and ROW. The cars are owned by many different groups. Whoever bought them and put the string together.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think trans Canada wants just 15 billion from the US on money spent and lost on this project. Wonder how much they are going to get/

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Yep, lets strip the property owners along the route of their personal property rights and give them to a forgein country.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Personal property right?
You have property on the right of way?

We have so many pipelines in TX., it's not a worry.

By the way, the people on the ROW do get paid big bucks for the use of the ROW, while it's being built and buried.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
So you don't believe in personal property rights? A person shouldn't be force to give up their personal property rights. The government shouldn't be in the business of seizing privately held land.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure I believe in personal property rights.

Do you have a city run water line on your property?
You have a city/county run sewer line on your property?
How about an electric lines to your house?

You let them run the lines on your personal property?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think the USA will have much better lawyers than TRansCanada

TransCanada also filed a separate lawsuit, arguing that Obama exceeded his power by denying construction of Keystone XL.

The basis of the argument is that the U.S. Constitution gives Congress the power to regulate international commerce. The U.S. Congress passed a bipartisan bill nearly a year ago to approve Keystone XL.

The company isn't looking for any damages in this case; it essentially wants to overturn the denial of the permit and get started on construction of the pipeline.

The question of presidential power to approve or deny the pipeline hadn't been challenged by TransCanada until now, but the company suggests that the presidential permits in the past have focused solely on border-related and operational concerns, not on issues of dirty oil or climate change.

This challenge has some merit, according to Lawrence Smith, a partner with the law firm Bennett Jones. He is the firm's leading energy lawyer. Smith points out that he is not a U.S. constitutional lawyer, but that the executive decision seemed arbitrary.

"It is somewhat surprising that when it comes to pipelines, which we have many of crossing the border, that the president was able to insist on an almost ever-changing series of escalating requirements, substantive requirements that are not reflected in law."
[i][/i]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's about damn time. Those pigs need to be roasted for their leftist d-baggery.

Originally Posted by huntersdog
My understanding is that trains transport oil daily to Texas.
TransCanada is going to make $$$$ no matter what.

And that's supposed to be an efficient method?

If that were the case we'd have a rail line running from Valdez to Deadhorse.
All the tree hippie huggers are bitching about the trains derailing going from CA to TX. I agree put the line in, it will create many jobs and then they may put the line in from Alaska to Alberta.

Looks like they may be in the works on something.
Alberta looks to Alaska for new pipeline as Keystone XL delays continue

Alberta is in discussions with Alaska about shipping oilsands crude through the U.S. state to the Pacific as approval for the southbound Keystone XL pipeline languishes in Washington.

The Alaska plan would involve constructing a pipeline along the Mackenzie River valley and then west to existing ports on the U.S. coast, Alberta Premier Jim Prentice said in an interview at Bloomberg’s headquarters in New York. Alaskan ports have been staging points for maritime crude shipments for decades.

“It’s technically feasible,” Prentice said. “Whether it’s economically feasible has yet to be determined, so we’re working on that.”

Canadian politicians have struggled to convince opponents in North America of the merits of building new pipelines to ship crude out of landlocked Alberta. TransCanada Corp. has been awaiting U.S. approval for its cross-border Keystone project since it applied in 2008, while Enbridge Inc.’s Northern Gateway proposal has stalled, even with regulatory approval, in the face of opposition from British Columbians who fear the risk of a spill for their salmon streams and coastal inlets. http://calgaryherald.com/business/e...-pipeline-as-keystone-xl-delays-continue

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Partsman

The company behind the Keystone XL oil pipeline says it is taking legal action against the Obama admintration's rejection of the project. The Calgary-based TransCanada Corporation says it intends to launch a claim under a section of the North American Free Trade Agreement, as well as sue on the grounds the president "exceeded" his power under the constitution. The pipeline would have transported tarsands crude from Alberta to the Texas Gulf Coast.
I hope they can also sue him personally and break him for life.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by EdM
I wonder how much sense the pipeline makes anymore, even looking further out?

More now than it did then. The ME is less stable today than any time in the Keystone debacle.

I am speaking to this business venture and the current and future economics to support the investment. Having spent 30 years in O&G with a major and many of those years in large international projects including 5 years playing with Alberta oil sands I just don't see it. Your basis?

Never mind all that! Obama is against it so it must be built.grin
How many unvetted Syrian's do you have staying with you now?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, akrange, 16 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 841 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,940
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.