Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
GB1

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Ken broke my camera!

Last summer at Quemado, I asked Ken if I could take his pic and, of course, he consented.

I took the pic and noticed a red light started blinking on my camera. I didnt know what it meant, so I turned the camera off and on again, to see if it might reset and the light would stop blinking, but it didnt work. Camera wont take pics.

Camera is still broken, need to throw it away, but the pics were on a card and they were all ok. Ken's was the last one taken.

With his self-deprecating sense of humour, I think Ken would smile at your post.

John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Ben

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Ben

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Ben

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I hope I'm not overstepping any bounds, I'm going to quote a statement of a mutual friend from before Ken Passed.

'After struggling for quite a while to get his wishes communicated, Ken had the medicos remove the breathing/suction/camera apparatus and tubing so that he could talk and express some things. They seemed convinced that removal of the breathing tube etc. would cause him to have trouble and go downhill quickly, but so far he is holding his own and his 02, BP and heart rates are functioning at about normal levels.

With some good help, Ken was able to explain and reinforce the terms of his living will and the DNR order and affirm his power of attorney declaration. In my view, he wanted all of that to be clear because this latest setback with the pulmonary troubles has been very difficult for him and he seems tired of the extra measures. He openly expresses his wish that the Lord will take him away so that he again can be with Carol Ann'.

My response at the time...

I wish Ken would be around forever, same as I wish the older guys who took us young'uns under their wings, hunting, fishing... how to be a man.

But they've all went their way... and each was ready when it happened.

I have talked with Ken many times about him moving on to the great glory. Obviously the darker it gets the more appealing the light becomes.

I pray Lord, to lift him up... lift up my brother to the light... amen

Kent

Ken was able to pass along goodbyes to us through another mutual friend that was able to spend the last day with him.

see ya after, amigo...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Ken broke my camera!

Last summer at Quemado, I asked Ken if I could take his pic and, of course, he consented.

I took the pic and noticed a red light started blinking on my camera. I didnt know what it meant, so I turned the camera off and on again, to see if it might reset and the light would stop blinking, but it didnt work. Camera wont take pics.

Camera is still broken, need to throw it away, but the pics were on a card and they were all ok. Ken's was the last one taken.

With his self-deprecating sense of humour, I think Ken would smile at your post.

John

I hope he so. I think it's funny.

Last edited by Oldman03; 01/09/16.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm glad he was able to communicate his wishes and control his prolonged suffering to reunite with Carol Ann.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

P
postoak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I wish someone who knew him well would write an obit and post it here. It seems odd that there wouldn't be one for a man of his stature and accomplishments. It would be nice to know some things about him.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I thought I found one from the funeral home, maybe I am thinking of someone else, though. They only keep those things up for a set time, so it may well be gone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An obituary is said to be "in the works" - publication venue unknown. Have requested a copy of that which evolves and will post it on the Campfire as received.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This thread would no doubt better serve than any other obituary likely to be published.
The man had tons of friends and a few good enemies, as any good man should have.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
I hope and trust that Ken would not be bothered or upset by this reply to your request.

One of the effects of his long-ago stroke was that, under what most of us would feel as normal conditions, Ken felt quite cold. Over the years we have done several things in his home to help him stay warm. But he liked to be near a heat source and once ordered a floor stand propane space heater on his own. When I saw how he was using the thing it seemed dangerous, so an alternative was arranged and I removed the propane heater and stored it at my home.

A few months ago his local care-giver called, said that Ken needed/wanted the heater and came up here to get it. This was with a promise that the heater would be fix-mounted on a wall - well above the floor. It was.

I was not nearby when Ken was burned, but apparently he was standing with his back to the heater and his clothing reached flash point. Much of his back was burned and he was airlifted to UNM Hospital in Albuquerque. He did repond to burn treatments but related issues led to his death.
shocked

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
R.I.P., Doc. Enjoyed you while you were with us.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

230 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 30 invisible), 1,912 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,354
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.