Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I proposed a similar proposal over the past several years but have changed this proposal after speaking with several hunters and response from the previous proposal. I am asking TN hunters to take the time to answer this survey and I will tally the results and send the proposal to the TWRA during the public comment period for the 2016-2017 hunting season. Before knocking the proposal please take time to read the proposal on the survey One respondent from another local TN hunting blog brought up the fact the deer get a break, do realize there is no break after archery as youth season starts, then a week of archery, then Muzzleloder, then gun. A gunshot is a gunshot regardless from a firearm or muzzleloader

Thanks fellow hunters and Campfire.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HYZ62LX

Last edited by contendershooter; 01/11/16.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Not from TN, but agree that it's pointless to have a separate MLer season these days.

Here in LA, I started with a real MLer, then the rules changed and I went to an PC inline, then 209, then 1x, then variable optics, smokeless, H&R 45-70, and finally an Encore in 350RM as the laws changed over my life. It was a pretty ridiculous season starting when the rules changed to inlines and magnified optics. With the current rules, I see no point in calling it a "Primitive" season any longer, we simply get two more weeks of rifle season.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
fugging browndowner rifle only hunter proposal it sounds like to me

or maybe someone that cant deal with the responsibility of maintaining and using a ml

shove your proposal up yer arse and go back to tndeer or what ever browndowner rifle only hunter tn website you are from

you musta had a bad season......................

try some better ideas that will improve the deer herd and hunting quality experience

1.make archery and ml hunters buy a permit to shoot 3 does a day just like rifle hunters have too

2. better yet
1 doe a day with permit for archery ml and gun
an all encompassing fee for browndowners to shoot meat for the baby

3. bring back split seasons with archery in between 2 ml seasons and 1 rifle season
the deer do need a break between ml and rifle
I do agree with that 100%

this is how it was for yrs

the "modern" 2007-2009 ish back to back ml and rifle seasons were done for morons (probably someone such as yourself)who don't read the regs and then claim ignorance that the old split seasons were just too confusing for them to understand

and that is according to twra
words right outta their mouths

SPLIT SEASONS ARE THE ONLY SOLOUTION TO HAVING A BETTER QUALITY OPENING WEEKEND RIFLE HUNT....................

preaching up the wrong tree around here to do away with ml season just so you can rifle hunt solely.................

HOPE YA GOT THICK SKIN AND DONT TAKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY PERSONALLY

but I have heard dumb ideas for decades about deer in tn

the only good thing this state has for deer hunting since 2007 is pass the 2 buck limit

everything else has been geared for browndowners and eye candy license sales and good ole boys sitting on the govs appointed twrc shytbryd panel

when the twrc wont listen to twra biologist about reducing limits for decades and then some of the twrc cronies finnaly die off and a different mindset arrives and a 2 buck limit gets enacted all of a sudden cause mindsets change on the twrc
then that speaks for itself

the state needs to look at reducing doe harvest in some unitl counties to 1 a day

the fugging herd is not inexhaustible

fugg you could have a 35-50% die off from ehd in some counties in this state and they still wont reduce a limit
that has been proven and has happened ................

bottom line is bring back split seasons
and charge a permit fee for ml and archery browndowners to shoot does just like rifle hunters have too.

have a nice day.................

you 1st name isn't LADE is it???????

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by renegade50

or maybe someone that cant deal with the responsibility of maintaining and using a ml

shove your proposal up yer arse and go back to tndeer or what ever browndowner rifle only hunter tn website you are from

try some better ideas that will improve the deer herd and hunting quality experience

1.make archery and ml hunters buy a permit to shoot 3 does a day just like rifle hunters have too

2. better yet

3. bring back split seasons with archery in between 2 ml seasons and 1 rifle season

the "modern" 2007-2009 ish back to back ml and rifle seasons were done for morons (probably someone such as yourself)who don't read the regs and then claim ignorance that the old split seasons were just too confusing for them to understand

SPLIT SEASONS ARE THE ONLY SOLOUTION TO HAVING A BETTER QUALITY OPENING WEEKEND RIFLE HUNT....................

preaching up the wrong tree around here to do away with ml season just so you can rifle hunt solely.................

the only good thing this state has for deer hunting since 2007 is pass the 2 buck limit

everything else has been geared for browndowners and eye candy license sales and good ole boys sitting on the govs appointed twrc shytbryd panel

when the twrc wont listen to twra biologist about reducing limits for decades and then some of the twrc cronies finnaly die off and a different mindset arrives and a 2 buck limit gets enacted all of a sudden cause mindsets change on the twrc

the state needs to look at reducing doe harvest in some unitl counties to 1 a day

fugg you could have a 35-50% die off from ehd in some counties in this state and they still wont reduce a limit

and charge a permit fee for ml and archery browndowners to shoot does just like rifle hunters have too.

Thanks for your Input Elmer.

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by BossHawg
Originally Posted by renegade50

2. better yet

Thanks for your Input Elmer.

meat for the jerky rack
corn fed and attracted
laugh laugh laugh

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
nothing like the quiet of opening muzzleloader morning and hear some 'huntin bubba' with his semi-auto "muzzleloader" two farms over.Someone laying down 5 rounds of supressive fire.

and since telepoach system is in full effect in Tn, there is no game warden at the check station to stick his finger in your .243 hole that you supposedly claim was a .50 cal

Tn is a poacher's paradise.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by slumlord
nothing like the quiet of opening muzzleloader morning and hear some 'huntin bubba' with his semi-auto "muzzleloader" two farms over.Someone laying down 5 rounds of supressive fire.

and since telepoach system is in full effect in Tn, there is no game warden at the check station to stick his finger in your .243 hole that you supposedly claim was a .50 cal

never seen no game warden at any check station before

oh rent a gay that first name comment hurt

good to see yall are still around

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

You know all about how the poaching thing works. Hell, you should write a book about all the low life tricks you pull. I guess when Mr. Green Jeans drives by and sees that ratty Steelhead look a like Luv home you live in that he figures that your life is miserable enough so there's no way he can make it any more miserable for you.

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by DEER_ASSASSIN

never seen no game warden at any check station before

oh rent a gay that first name comment hurt

good to see yall are still around

Oh Rent A Gay, LMAO
The peter puffer with the cold blue eyes.
Whats up DA?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (222Sako, 10gaugeman, 224th, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 58 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,396
Posts18,527,874
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.