-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where are all the educated people in this discussion. When this country was established, there was no income tax. Women didn't vote and only property owners had a vote. This was simple and effective.

Nobody wearing sandals or dreadlocks had any say in what the government did with your money or property. We funded a civil war without income taxes and lived quite well before income taxes and thousands of others since then.

Let's get back to where we started...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Originally Posted by ltppowell
In five words.

"No income tax? No vote."

I'd take it one step further. If you get a check from government, no vote.

No government employee will ever vote for a 'balanced budget' candidate.

I agree, retired and disabled Veterans ate filth and should just have their organs harvested for the betterment of mankind then use what is left to feed the sharks. BTW, This would mean all active duty service members who put their asses on the line every day do not deserve to vote either.

Do you have a reasonable response......TO A RECENT POST?

With 130,000,000,000,000+ (that is 130 TRILLION) of FEDERAL unfunded liabilities due in the not-too-distant future......how would you plan to make it all work?

Borrow more money?

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Where are all the educated people in this discussion. When this country was established, there was no income tax. Women didn't vote and only property owners had a vote. This was simple and effective.

Nobody wearing sandals or dreadlocks had any say in what the government did with your money or property. We funded a civil war without income taxes and lived quite well before income taxes and thousands of others since then.

Let's get back to where we started...

No dreadlocks and Birkenstocks would be one way to go. We could remove all the infrastructure, road systems, and armed forces too.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
In five words.

"No income tax? No vote."

I'd take it one step further. If you get a check from government, no vote.

No government employee will ever vote for a 'balanced budget' candidate.

I agree, retired and disabled Veterans ate filth and should just have their organs harvested for the betterment of mankind then use what is left to feed the sharks. BTW, This would mean all active duty service members who put their asses on the line every day do not deserve to vote either.

Do you have a reasonable response......TO A RECENT POST?

With 130,000,000,000,000+ (that is 130 TRILLION) of unfunded liabilities due in the not-too-distant future......how would you plan to make it all work?

Borrow more money?

Euthanasia is the answer. ALL service members serve for free, no pay, then upon retirement and useful organs harvested for those who need them and they are no longer a problem. Oh yes, almost forgot, no medical care for any serving. Get hurt on in the field you had better bring your own doctor or just bite your service weapon. A bullet instead of a medic will save taxpayers a bundle.

Turn 62 and you get the same treatment. Get hurt on the job, same thing.

Mike, I served 24 years and have 6 gold stripes on my dress uniform for 24 years of continuous good conduct. I busted my ass all my life and raised six kids without a dime of government help. I had to quit when my service connected disability made me no longer safe on the road. It sounds like in your eyes I am now the bad guy and should be punished. Because of my service every day is a pain in the ass.

So here is the deal. I will open my mouth and bight down on my 1911 if you have the balls to pull the trigger.

I am calling all of you who think I am the problem even though I would vote for R no matter who is on the ballot.

Robert Clarke Fairing
14290 Marjorie Ln. #1094
Oregon City, OR 97045

360-310-9301

The 1911 is loaded and ready.

Last edited by Scott F; 01/12/16.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The simple point is.....those that are gettin' are steadily gaining and ready to outnumber those that are givin'.

Do you think all those idiot student-loan kids will vote for student-loan forgiveness? If so, why?

Kinda puts responsible folks at a disadvantage, don't you think?

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Scott F, please clear that last post. We understand your frustration, but nobody wants that friend.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Maybe I do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Consider the source. MikeWerner. Value yourself above the lowest common denominator that posts here.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Maybe he is right and I should not vote, after all what will one R vote mean.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Mike, I served 24 years and have 6 gold stripes on my dress uniform for 24 years of continuous good conduct. I busted my ass all my life and raised six kids without a dime of government help. I had to quit when my service connected disability made me no longer safe on the road. It sounds like in your eyes I am now the bad guy and should be punished.

Not a bad guy in the least.

Have been 100% debt-free since 1992. Balanced my budget.

Paid for my kids college education.

Pay cash for everything.

I do not expect too much from government if, God willing, get to retire.

With $130 trillion of government unfunded liabilities coming due (and NO MONEY THERE).....why should I be required to pay for broken promises made by your employer?

We need adults in the room going forward. Not being able to cast a vote does NOT mean a loss of all benefits. But, everyone should sacrifice. Not just the current tax-payer.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well...as long as we all agree. Laffin'.

Everybody wants to do the right thing, according to them and theirs.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am debt free too but still should not have the right to vote? You said it, not me. 1911 is still loaded and ready. You man enough to solve just one problem, a sucking worthless leach on society who thinks he should have the right to vote. Hell, you can keep the 1911 afterwords.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I am debt free too but still should not have the right to vote? You said it, not me. 1911 is still loaded and ready. You man enough to solve just one problem, a sucking worthless leach on society who thinks he should have the right to vote. Hell, you can keep the 1911 afterwords.

My suggestions are aimed at the longevity of the Republic.......not at you.

If you would check.....the future numbers do not work.

Politicians do not care, as long as they are out of office when it all goes down.

How would you fix this financial quagmire? I am not comfortable dumping this off on future generations.

I will forfeit any future payments from Gov't. Will you? We're both debt free, after all.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yes we are out of debt. But I am 100% disabled, 66 and have an inoperable back injury not considered in my disability. I get VA and SS and that is all. It would be better if you just pulled the trigger for me and maybe for my wife. We would not like starving to death. The plus side it would keep us from voting.

The name, address and phone number are real as is the 1911.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes we are out of debt. But I am 100% disabled, 66 and have an inoperable back injury not considered in my disability. I get VA and SS and that is all. It would be better if you just pulled the trigger for me and maybe for my wife. We would not like starving to death. The plus side it would keep us from voting.

The name, address and phone number are real as is the 1911.

My concern is with the longevity of the greatest country on earth.

Still have not got an answer concerning your solution to the dire financial problems this country faces.

Who should sacrifice?

And please, refrain from assuming you are the only person on the planet that has been handed disadvantages in life.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My concern is with the longevity of the greatest country on earth.

Still have not got an answer concerning your answer to the dire financial problems this country faces.

Who should sacrifice?

And please, refrain from assuming you are the only person on the planet that has been handed disadvantages in life.

If you aren't bright enough to fix the problems, then don't participate in the discussion.

Reduce the size of federal government, reduce government waste, get the feds out of stuff the feds should never have been involved with, and continue to repay the people who are actually DUE their money while either changing the system to work going forward or removing it.

Those who want to disenfranchise others should be voting for Democrats. Not gonna happen in the conservative base.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Reduce the size of federal government, reduce government waste, get the feds out of stuff the feds should never have been involved with,

How do you EVER reduce the size of government, when folks are voting themselves gifts from the public treasury?

Please explain how we get to this responsible government spending?

Then how do we MAINTAIN it?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Reduce the size of federal government, reduce government waste, get the feds out of stuff the feds should never have been involved with,

How do you EVER reduce the size of government, when folks are voting themselves gifts from the public treasury?

So you don't think we can fix anything, but you also think we can change the laws to remove voters who don't vote the way you like them to?

Use logic much?

I'd be willing to go with Abbott's call for a Constitutional Convention to use amendments to usher in needed changes, for a start.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Calhoun

So you don't think we can fix anything, but you also think we can change the laws to remove voters who don't vote the way you like them to?

Use logic much?

I'd be willing to go with Abbott's call for a Constitutional Convention to use amendments to usher in needed changes, for a start.

The only way to a balanced budget amendment is votes.....hence my suggestion.

Do you see another way? Some magical method?

Use logic much?

Felons, even some non-felons.....lose their right to vote. Politicians did that. Get it?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Don't be an ass. I am only one of thousands of veterans who got hurt. Walk into a VA Hospital some time, you can go in there is no cover charge. Look at those who went to war and left big pieces of their bodies and minds for you. Then tell them all why they should not have the right to vote. Then head out to some military base and look at those young and women, the finest this country has to offer, and tell them why they should not have the right to vote if they live long enough to retire or should get hurt while serving.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

488 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 2500HD, 49 invisible), 1,960 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,030
Posts18,520,938
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.