Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

And please, refrain from assuming you are the only person on the planet that has been handed disadvantages in life.

Don't be an ass. I am only one of thousands of veterans who got hurt. Walk into a VA Hospital some time, you can go in there is no cover charge. Look at those who went to war and left big pieces of their bodies and minds for you. Then tell them all why they should not have the right to vote. Then head out to some military base and look at those young and women, the finest this country has to offer, and tell them why they should not have the right to vote if they live long enough to retire or should get hurt while serving.

Don't be an ass, Scott. Your sympathy rant does very little to answer my question regarding the future of this country.

For some reason, you're tying your right to vote with your current gov't benefits. Did you notice that? Try to think about that. Why?

By the way, are you the only person in this forum that served? Just asking.

Could type out all the hardships or disadvantages I've experienced in life. Really see no need to ask for sympathy.

Would prefer to hand off a country that offers the environment of opportunities I experienced. Government cannot make that happen, no matter how much money they hand out.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mike, I have thought about this today and come up with a plan. But first to answer your question.

Originally Posted by ltppowell
In five words.

"No income tax? No vote."

I'd take it one step further. If you get a check from government, no vote.

Disabled vets and active duty get a check from the government. You posted it not me.

Now the plan to save the country.

1) Medical, all VA and non private hospitals and medical centres closed for good on Feb 1 2016.

VA hospitals turned into H&E centres. More on this later.

All veterans, all disabled, and everyone over the age of 55 is sent to a H&E centre.

2) Education is key. Anyone who graduates from high school with a GPA below 8.0 along with anyone who drops out is sent straight to the military.

3) Military service is 15 years for enlisted and up to 25 years for top officers. Military is non paid and must supply own arms. Family is responsible for feed and any medical care. at the end of service they are sent to a H&E centre.

4) Every US citizen must provide proof of citizenship, be fingerprinted and have DNA recorded. Each will be provided an ID card that must be carried at all times. Getting caught without your ID and your will be sent to a H&E centre.

5) Unwed mothers. first child is allowed live birth then child sent live to medical research. Second pregnancy child goes to medical research and mother is sent to a H&E centre. The father of all unwed mothers will be identified by their DNA that is now on record and they will be sent to a H&E centre.

6) Voting, no one can vote who does not own free and clear without leans, and is soul owner a minimum of 100 acres. If a couple then the each must own a minimum of a hundred acres.

7) Employment, any person 18 or older who is unemployed for thirty days is sent to a H&E centre.

8) Disabilities, anyone hurt on the job and unable to work for ten days is sent to a H&E centre. Anyone hurt off the job and misses two days of work is sent to a H&E centre.

9) Crime, anyone found guilty of a misdemeanor will be sent to a H&E centre. Anyone found guilty will be sent to a H&E centre for a No A. all accused of a crime will be tried by judge and jury within ten days of capture.

10) Politicians will serve without pay of any kind nor will they receive any benefits including health, retirement or travel. no one will serve more than six years. They will be held to any and all laws.

This plan save this country enough to bail us out and solve most of out current problems.

The H&E centres will Harvest all usable parts and euthanize the deadbeats. The No A used for convicted felons stands for No Anaesthesia.

There you have it, you asked what to do to save the country and I have given it to you. Now if you will just come and pull the trigger you can take all the credit. I have no desire to live in your world.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'll go farther than that," If you don't own real estate, you don't vote"!!! In other words, you need to have skin in the game!! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
In five words.

Single moms ain't going to like that.

Dave

And people over 65...the most reliable voters.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In five words.

Hey.....no fair....I live on SS and savings.....

and I voted straight Republican ticket the last two general elections.....

errrrrr...on second thought....maybe I don't have any business voting...

IC B2

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
In five words.

does the Constitution say that? Must have missed it.

You can't pick and choose what you want to and what you don't want from the Constitution. It is a package deal. Anything else and you are a liberal.

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by memtb
I'll go farther than that," If you don't own real estate, you don't vote"!!! In other words, you need to have skin in the game!! memtb

Another anti-Constitution idea. Very royal of you. Exactly why we fought England for our freedom.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The constitution requires the federal government to regulate interstate commerce and provide for the national defense.
All other powers are reserved for the states.
Over the years the "interstate commerce clause" has been used to expand the size and scope of the federal government. In reality probably 95% of the federal government,as it exists today, is unconstitutional. Any law that infringes on the ownership of firearms is unconstitutional so even convicted felons have the right to own firearms. All the alphabet agencies are unconstitutional. Not that anything will change. Government will continue to get bigger as it has from its inception.
Giving people free stuff gets votes.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
BFD, You are correct about the Constitution, but unlike in "Jolly Ole England", we commoners have the ability to purchase property! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Neither does punishing poor people for being poor.

...beats the hell out of rewarding them for being poor, and punishing people for being ambitious ?

Who wouldn't vote to take care of "poor" people that need taking care of?

Prezactly

Don't think there's a working stiff amongst us that minds ponying up some of our pay to help those truly in need & desrving of such.

I'm disgruntled over how they abUSE our tax dollars but what really pizzas me off is the theft perpetrated of those that deserve our support by the dilution of those funds by the grifters & scalywags

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just about have my 'voting-rights' master plan on paper and implemented. grin

Couple questions, Gents.

Given my plan implementation, who would the Democrats campaign for? Where would they get their votes? What would they stand for......given there would be NO vote advantage?

Secondly, do you think hard-working tax-payers would vote to cut Veteran Benefits.......or Welfare? Seriously.

Something DOES need to be done.....before it is too late. Politicians do not care......past the next election.

And lastly.....do own 200 acres....paid for.....all by me.....no gov't money. whistle
Property ownership means very little.....if purchased with government hand-out money.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see you never answered my question, but you might want to take a look at what % of the budget goes to MILITARY pensions.

Beside the fact, I as a veteran probably have paid (and continue to pay) more in taxes than most probably make (as compared to the Median US income),not to mention owning more than one property, your remarks are obvious to me that you have no idea the price of freedom is a value the protected (YOU) shall never know.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
In five words.

No government employee will ever vote for a 'balanced budget' candidate.

Depends on your version of .gov employee but I am for balanced budget every time I can see that option... it only is like use balancing our checkbook.

Broad brush there buddy...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rost495
In five words.

Depends on your version of .gov employee but I am for balanced budget every time I can see that option... it only is like use balancing our checkbook.

Broad brush there buddy...

It would have to be a broad brush. Picking and choosing allows politicians to still pander to voting blocks on the receiving side.

It will always be about 'buying' votes. Always.

The simpletons may argue that tax-breaks are the same thing......but they clearly are not.

If I vote for tax-breaks (for my benefit), it can result in smaller government (less spending should result with a balanced budget).

If the government-check-casher votes for his benefit.....it ALWAYS results in a larger government (more spending).

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I see you never answered my question, but you might want to take a look at what % of the budget goes to MILITARY pensions.

Beside the fact, I as a veteran probably have paid (and continue to pay) more in taxes than most probably make (as compared to the Median US income),not to mention owning more than one property, your remarks are obvious to me that you have no idea the price of freedom is a value the protected (YOU) shall never know.

Honestly do not have time to compare shoe sizes.

And, how does your PATRIOmeter operate? Gotta get one of those.

Who suggests cutting military pensions? The goal is a balanced budget, where politicians cannot buy votes with money borrowed in other's names.

In my rather limited experience, folks that 'desire' being perceived as wealthy......aren't always.
If I had a nickel every time I heard the 'country clubbers' complaining about their kids' student loans.... grin

Their club membership is more important than paying for their child's education. Ripe pickin's for the student-loan forgiveness candidate.

My suggestion would be......if you're all that.....forego your government check(s), for the good of the country.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Who suggests cutting military pensions? The goal is a balanced budget, where politicians cannot buy votes with money borrowed in other's names.

In my rather limited experience, folks that 'desire' being perceived as wealthy......aren't always.
If I had a nickel every time I heard the 'country clubbers' complaining about their kids' student loans.... grin

Their club membership is more important than paying for their child's education. Ripe pickin's for the student-loan forgiveness candidate.

My suggestion would be......if you're all that.....forego your government check(s), for the good of the country.

You just want to take away our right to vote. I did not write the post below, you did!

In five words.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You just want to take away our right to vote. I did not write the post below, you did!

In five words.

WELL......DUH!!!

Where is the contradiction? I have not backed off the whole thing......it's still RIGHT TO VOTE.

Why do you CONTINUE TO tie your right to vote with TAKING AWAY your government check?

Do you think a welfare recipient would do the same?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, you have time to incessantly post here... That said, I'm not wealthy, I don't need/want to compare shoe sizes with you or anyone else. Just stating a fact WRT to median income and forking out taxes.
English IS my second language but didn't you say "if you collect a government check" you should not be allowed to vote?

As to the PATRIOmeter, you wouldn't understand.
Oh, and I don't belong to a country club and all three of my kids went on scholarships and checks I wrote, no loans. As to foregoing my gov't pension, nah, that goes to my hunting and retirement home fund, so thanks?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

WELL......DUH!!!

Where is the contradiction? I have not backed off the whole thing......it's still RIGHT TO VOTE.

Why do you CONTINUE TO tie your right to vote with TAKING AWAY your government check?

I live on SS and VA disability, that is all we have. Therefore, according to your statements you want to take away my right to vote.

What part of your statement are you not understanding?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

WELL......DUH!!!

I live on SS and VA disability, that is all we have. Therefore, according to your statements you want to take away my right to vote.

What part of your statement are you not understanding?

Yep.....if you're a government-check-casher.....any gov't-check-casher.....you should NOT be allowed to vote yourself even LARGER gifts from the public treasury. Sorry, no exceptions.

Politicians should NOT be allowed to pander to the government-check-casher blocks......buying votes, especially with borrowed money.

We need balanced budgets, We need balanced budget laws, for sake of the longevity of the Republic.

Future generations depend on responsible financial practices.

Responsible tax-payers will make wise choices (votes) when it comes to spending.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 12 invisible), 1,520 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.