Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Sorry to hear about your heart attack, but glad you are around to write about it and share what happened. The situation with the GW would have been more than frustrating, but at least it is over and you can focus on taking care of you. You will bounce back and get stronger. Best wishes.

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AMRA
I am Guilty of NOT heeding the warning signs of my heart
attack,HIGH BP,70 LBS over weight,don`t know about my
cholesterol???
But TEMPER runs in the family!
I was PISSED !!! the night it happened BAD!!!
That is what the Doc told me at the E.R. that
my BP was so high I blew a gasket!
Yes I had the FLU bad leading up to my "EVENT"

WEAK as PUPPY PISS now!

I just hoped all the hard work me and the SIL
did down there all this year would mean some meat
for the freezer for the first time in 18 years!

And just maybe THE BUCK I have been after 50 years
To FINALLY get some horns on the wall
before I pass on.
Thanks AMRA

Glad you are still with us.

If you have been chasing bucks for 50 years, then you know at this point in life, it shouldn't matter if you ever get the one for the wall or not. And the less you worry about them, the better a persons luck generally...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
AMRA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by AMRA
I am Guilty of NOT heeding the warning signs of my heart
attack,HIGH BP,70 LBS over weight,don`t know about my
cholesterol???
But TEMPER runs in the family!
I was PISSED !!! the night it happened BAD!!!
That is what the Doc told me at the E.R. that
my BP was so high I blew a gasket!
Yes I had the FLU bad leading up to my "EVENT"

WEAK as PUPPY PISS now!

I just hoped all the hard work me and the SIL
did down there all this year would mean some meat
for the freezer for the first time in 18 years!

And just maybe THE BUCK I have been after 50 years
To FINALLY get some horns on the wall
before I pass on.
Thanks AMRA

Glad you are still with us.

If you have been chasing bucks for 50 years, then you know at this point in life, it shouldn't matter if you ever get the one for the wall or not. And the less you worry about them, the better a persons luck generally...

I started going hunting with my Late father in 1965
with a OLD Stevens 16 ga. single barrel shotgun
Damn gun was bigger than me then!
From that year to this I have always come up
A DAY LATE and a DOLLAR SHORT getting my "Buck"
But thats why it is called Hunting.
Thanks AMRA
P.S. As to luck? My Dad nick named me JINX when I was born
a WATER Head baby back in 1961

Last edited by AMRA; 12/13/15.

Molan Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sorry to hear about your heart attack and glad you've lived to see another season. Hopefully, if you decide to challenge the citation(s), the court finds in your favor. You might consider hiring an attorney who regularly works in that court.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sounds like he's trying to make up for something else

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It does not pay to get upset over an [bleep]. You walked right into his trap. Also, here in Wisconsin, it was legal to bait in the whole state Slowly but surely, counties are banning it. I personally hate baiting. I used to bait but it is so easy to shoot a buck over bait I dont even call it hunting anymore.. Baiting is nothing but a thorn in the side for the game wardens up here. It is linked to a lot of shooting deer before and after hours. Over baiting is a huge problem where I hunt. This may be why he was such an a hole. Baiting also brings tons of emotions in Wisconsin. Some hate it, some say it's the only way to get deer in the big woods. In my county , I believe it is going to go away cause they found CWD near my county. Anyway, take care of that heart, get back out there next year and pisss offf the warden and shootabigone. Also, you may find that baiting very seldom brings in a big buck during legal hours.

Last edited by ihookem; 12/19/15.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've never hunted over bait, but I worry about getting nailed for it. I hunt public land where it's illegal to do so, and have on occasion found empty corn bags. If you don't know the bait is there and a warden comes along and finds it ... not a farfetched scenario at all.

R
R
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.I had a similar problem a mild stroke knocked kme out of my first New Jersey deer season in 18 yrs.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm more concerned about your heart attack...

Glad you made it thru that and are still with us... and hope you take steps to prevent having to worry about it again...

As far as game wardens...I've never had to deal with very many of them...

hunted with my Father in Law in Northern MN and he was a State Trooper, he was left alone so were we... as the DNR guys knew where he hunted...evidently there had been a 'war' between the DNR guys and some of the Troopers.....

some DNR guy got written up for speeding WAAAY over the speed limit, so come hunting season, he went out and ticketed the trooper, and some of his buddies started ticketing other troopers.. Troopers started writing up DNR guys for speeding in State Vehicles...

My FIL was in a command position at his Barracks... He and his DNR counterpart, had a large meeting with all Troopers in the same room with all the DNR Wardens.... and the essential jist was, a Trooper better not write up a DNR Warden in a State Vehicle... and Wardens better not write up a Trooper out hunting... someone lost their job testing that out...

did have one A Hle Warden over where I hunted with my Buddies in Wisconsin... he ticketed some of those in our party several years....weasel little prick type...

he'd wait by a person's vehicle, and then question them when they came out.... would ask for your license, even tho it is on the back of your jacket... wrote several of the younger boys up, who took off their hats when they get back to their vehicles, and take off their hats... he'd write them up for not having Orange on their head while out hunting... they went to court and beat it...

tried to get me for being in a tree stand.. asked if I was in the tree stand over that way.. I told him NO, I'd been in the swamp over that way.... the guy that climbed down from there, left and went the other way....

"I know I say you in that tree stand with my binoculars"...

No, you saw a guy in that tree stand with a jacket like mine in that tree stand... as did I...

" he had a jacket on just like yours...."

WE all have Orange Jackets on out here... just like mine.. its state regs...

the tree stand evidently has to be taken down each night in Wisc or so he said...I had climbed up there to get my bearings...and never even carried my rifle up there...but knowing this guys rep.... why invite problems...

heard couple of years later this guy's power trip finally caught up with him.. Paramedics found him with his ass beat in the back of a Pick up bed, behind a bar there in town right after deer season.. with "No Witnesses"...

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
What was a Warden doing on your leased private land....Wardens around here in NC and in KY!!! Don't come on private property without a invite.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry about your heart attack hope all is well.

I have had a few positive experiences talking and dealing with GW's but most times it has been the opposite.

I had a poaching problem around my house a few years a go, still do but it's not as bad. The game warden had came out several times and would sit all night trying to catch the spot lighters but never could.
I had seen a very nice 7pt the last week of July and had even videoed him crossing my driveway and seen him while working on the tractor.

About a month later I hear a gunshot on a Tuesday night around 10pm and it made me sick thinking someone may have just spot lighted that buck.
About 3-4 days later my nephew tells me the big 7pt is dead so and so spot lighted it this past Tuesday and just cut its head off. He gets a mutual friend of his to send him the picture then he sends it to me.

I sent it to the game warden and he says there is nothing he can do since no one saw him shoot it.
The GW told me that if they don't catch them in the act or someone is not willing to be a witness there is nothing they can do. I said what bout a search warrant and he said well there is no way of knowing when he killed it etc.

Here is the pics. I cropped it some before posting.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My nephew and I was in West TN and was checked by a GW. The GW looked at my nephews lifetime license and said to his partner "look here we got a rich kid" he was 13yrs old at the time and had gotten his lifetime license for his Christmas present when he was six.
Talking about being pissed but what can you do or say without placing a target on your lease for the GW's to harass you every chance they get.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

AMRA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
What was a Warden doing on your leased private land....Wardens around here in NC and in KY!!! Don't come on private property without a invite.

Here in Alabama they can do WHATEVER they want.

Molan Labe
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
That sucks

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
D
D
Im calling bull butter. I live in Randolph County. And I know both of the GW. What part of the county was it in and I can tell you which one to was. Was it a young guy or a older guy?

AMRA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
New Guy, You can call WHATEVER you want.
Fact remains I was written a $500 ticket for a Rotten Pumpkin
As to young or old he was younger than me.
The Clerk at your Randolph Co. Court House who I paid
the Ticket to fussed that the Carbon Copy the Warden gave
me to show was unreadable.
If you KNOW both then YOU ask both about writing a Ticket
for a Rotten Pumpkin in Dec 2015
Even the clerk at the Court House Shook her Head and
repeated "A Rotten Pumpkin?"

I paid the ticket matter of public record
If I had not like the Warden said they would come get me.

Last edited by AMRA; 02/11/16.

Molan Labe
D
D
Im not saying you didn't get a ticket, just don't think they treated you like you said. What part of the county was it in? And Ill ask them for sure..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My dad was a career LEO and always told me that some people should never be given a badge. Sounds like you ran into one of them. Hope you recover quickly from your heart issue.

AMRA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by danielwhite
Im not saying you didn't get a ticket, just don't think they treated you like you said. What part of the county was it in? And Ill ask them for sure..

Ask them whatever you want.
Ticket was paid and Son in Law has decided to look
for another Hunting land to lease.
As for me with my Heart issues after this
my future Hunting Days may be over for good.

Last edited by AMRA; 02/11/16.

Molan Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW deer love pumpkins,have watched them smash um with their front leg and eat them

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1minute, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,410
Posts18,507,078
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.