-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IPA's are definitely a bit of an acquired taste. Many today are hopped very heavily.

Lately I've been enjoying more balanced pales.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by twofish

I have a BIL that is something of a yuppie beer snob. His descriptions of whatever brew he is currently championing are pretty damn funny to listen to.

grin

Mathman?

I will try damn near anything and certainly don't turn my nose up at domestic beer.

The high and mighty liquor critics crack me up.

It'd be funny to see one up to a cooler in the back of Montana pickup and declare, "Oh tisk tisk, I won't be drinking any of that light beer. You wouldn't happen to have any Bavarian Nutmeg Friztlesprout would you?"

Haha...no not Mathman.

A good cold Budweiser or Bud Light suits me fine, but like you I will try about anything. I do like a good bottle of Scotch but drink the cheaper stuff most often and save the good stuff for special occasions.

I think lots of folks just like the quirky names and cartoon labels... cool

*Master of random precision*
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lately 10 Barrel's Joe IPA has been my fav. Lot's of grapefuit hints.

[Linked Image]

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a fan of the Red Racer Session Ale's out of British Columbia. Not sure if you guys can find it down there, although with the current exchange rate it's probably cheap if you do!

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by CRS
My curse is the fact I like almost all beer.

grin

Me three.

But those fugkin' IPA's have probably sold more Bloody Mary's than any other beer in history.

Dave

Nice thing about IPA's for me, is the fact that I can have one or two and be happy.

It is the Bud/lite/Coors and distilled stuff that get to me.

Arcus Venator
IC B2

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MojoHand
[Linked Image]

That is some fine stuff. Cannot get it here, but always bring some back and partake when we are in S. Cal. Visiting the brother in law.

Arcus Venator
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Sam,

Big Sky Brewing in Missoula makes a similar "IPA Lite" called Pygmy Owl Itty Bitty IPA. It doesn't taste as good as a real kick-ass IPA like Tumbleweed, but is kinder if you drink more than 2-3....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CRS
Originally Posted by MojoHand
[Linked Image]

That is some fine stuff. Cannot get it here, but always bring some back and partake when we are in S. Cal. Visiting the brother in law.

Drank a pile (literally) of that on our Grand Canyon float trip last Summer and the Summer before. They sell it in cans.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 700LH
Unique Beer Dispensing System

glass full bottom to top

AB has had those for a while at Busch Stadium in STL. Novel, and the cap/magnet in the bottom was a little souvenir

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Surprised Bells Two Hearted Ale hasn't been mentioned. Best India Pale Ale I've had. Pace yourself, 7%!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone from here use the "Untappd" app?

I am on there as Neil Gif

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lightning
Surprised Bells Two Hearted Ale hasn't been mentioned. Best India Pale Ale I've had. Pace yourself, 7%!

A darn fine Pale it is.

I swore off of New Belgium after I saw their CEO, Kim Jordon on the news praising Obama and Obamacare. I then looked up her political contributions and you see lots of money to just Democrats. (search here on her name - http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/norindsea.shtml and you'll see not just in her name but in the name of the brewery).

Too many good beers out there to support liberal brewers.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hard to beat this one.

Vortex, but I'm a sucker for anything with the Simone-Amarillo hop combo.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The high ABV of most of the IPAs is what turns my nose up to them.When I drink beer, I drink beer and my alcohol tolerence is low.No need to get hammered along the way.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I drank a lot of imported beer before the craft craze hit. Gotta say I'm really enjoying it. IPA's are a favorite and I usually have several choices in my fridge. Another hot thing right now is the Barrel Aged Stout thing. Expensive, but oh so good! You Guys are posting a lot of good beer, many of which I have tried.

lightman
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Pugs, I didn't know that about New Belgium! I like their Fat Tire beer, but now that you have enlightened me, they'll get no more of my money. Thanks for that info.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I just got back from Idaho and now have a new favorite, Sweetgrass APA made in Victor, Idaho.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
The high ABV of most of the IPAs is what turns my nose up to them.When I drink beer, I drink beer and my alcohol tolerence is low.No need to get hammered along the way.

Huh?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HawkI

Do I need to drink it with a [bleep] doyly and a candle, or does one guzzle from a moped?

And here I thought Schmitt's Gay was an urban legend, along with Danny Terrio and the glass table.....

No. You can start drinking it by taking your boyrfiend's cock outta yo mouth.

It's some of the best beer in the world, you phugkin moron. You're just too phucgking stupid to know that. They've been making it for about 500 years, ya know.

BTW, I'm in FL. We got palm trees here and sunshine. Maybe if you crawled out from under your seed brain rock, you'd know that.

You ever wanna come down and take a ride on my moped, you come see me. I'll PM you my address. Ckunts like you are the problem on this board any more. Come see me [bleep] and we'll see who the [bleep] is, you punkass phugk.

Last edited by local_dirt; 01/22/16.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If any of you ever make it to Whitehorse, Canada try this stuff out
The Yukon gold is some of the best beer I ever had..
http://yukonbeer.com

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,038
Posts18,481,979
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.