Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by shrapnel

One of our neighbors said they hadn't seen their cat in a couple weeks. After tap dancing all over the GTO for most of that 2 weeks in my garage, I couldn't hardly tell them the last time I saw their cat, he was headed toward a dumpster...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wow.....killing your neighbors cat must have given you quite the thrill.

What...didn't you see the tracks all over his vehicle, or are you another prick that thinks it is just fine and dandy to have your animal walk all over another's property.

Prick ? Do I know you or is this the way you normally address folks. To your question, of course not and I am a car nut so I can certainly understand Kirk's anger with that nice ride of his. I probably would have kicked that frickin cat in the head or caused some type of harm he'd soon not forget. It just sounded, and maybe I'm wrong, that he knew it was a neighbor's pet. Don't recall if he shot the frickin cat or trapped it. If he trapped it, of well, so be it. Feral cats are open season.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel

One of our neighbors said they hadn't seen their cat in a couple weeks. After tap dancing all over the GTO for most of that 2 weeks in my garage, I couldn't hardly tell them the last time I saw their cat, he was headed toward a dumpster...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wow.....killing your neighbors cat must have given you quite the thrill.

What...didn't you see the tracks all over his vehicle, or are you another prick that thinks it is just fine and dandy to have your animal walk all over another's property.

Prick ? Do I know you or is this the way you normally address folks. To your question, of course not and I am a car nut so I can certainly understand Kirk's anger with that nice ride of his. I probably would have kicked that frickin cat in the head or caused some type of harm he'd soon not forget. It just sounded, and maybe I'm wrong, that he knew it was a neighbor's pet. Don't recall if he shot the frickin cat or trapped it. If he trapped it, of well, so be it. Feral cats are open season.

How did the cat get into the garage in the first place?

Once you let your cat out the door the only way to know where it goes is to attach a gps or a camera.

I would have just opened the door on the first day and let the cat out...but I generally don't want any animals in my garage. The lizards I don't mind, they eat bugs and don't bother anything.

Cats don't really like to be confined.

I've been encouraging my cat to go into the garage to look for rodents. Before the cat adopted me a rat pissed on the gas tank on my bike a while back and blistered the paint.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
This isn't a Pit issue. Marauding behavior is a common behavior that is inherent in all dogs and is not breed specific. Marauding dogs are a problem whenever they occur, and wherever.

The formation of impromptu marauding packs can happen anytime two or more dogs are not confined, and the majority of these types of incidents are caused by other breeds. I've seen the stats and though I don't remember the line-up exactly, I don't think Pits are in the top ten.

Pits have the same dog brain all dogs do, from Chihuahuas to the Great Dane I was working with today. Their minds are basically the same, as is their psychology. They are all pack animals and follow the leader. Even well socialized dogs are no exception...it's a thinner veneer than most owners realize.

Every dog is an individual as well. Some are smarter than others is the most significant difference as to training. But the point is that they will respond to the same methods and techniques as any other dog, and Pits don't need to be beaten into submission as has been suggested here.

No dog should be allowed to run free. Even otherwise good and decent folks who are dog owners can make a bad choice by violating that one basic rule.

When I see a dog running loose I assume that death or injury is not far behind, for some other animal or the dog itself.

You are so full of [bleep] you wouldn't even flush anymore.

Dogs have VERY distinct character traits bred in. I do not ever expect a pit to point a bird like my setter who does it because she can't help herself. I don't ever expect to hear of a setter killing people. There's a fugking reason nobody uses pits for police K9s.

This is a pit issue you idiot! Pits go into kill mode when the switch flips. Rotts do it too. Whether another breed bites is not the issue. Other breeds bite and then back out and leave because kill mode s bred out of them. Police K9s have to be trained to bite and hold. If they don't need to be trained to do both, they are a liability.

Miles, virtually all dogs have prey drive(often mistaken for "aggression"). The breeding and training is what's used to express that prey drive.

Its prey drive that makes a heeler good at herding cattle and the lab hit water hard after birds, and Jack Russell's going to ground after rats/woodchucks, and pits to bate and catch pigs and and... et al ...Friggin' flyball is based on prey drive, just as scent tracking is for SAR dogs.

My neighbors now deceased 4lb. Yorkie would rip an 80lb pitbull to pieces if it were the same size. I've got husky type breeds that know how to bite just fine. The trick is teaching them when, where, and who to bite, just like K9 breeds.

So like Boogaloo said, all dogs have the same makeup when it comes to their brains, it just a question of how you want to manipulate the drive and genetic palate to determine which job you want the dog to do.

You are just as FOS as he is and just as fugking stupid. I could just as happily euthanize apologists and rationalists for pit as the dogs themselves. English Setters didn't get to be gentle people oriented dogs by letting the fugked up ones live.

Pay attention! Dogs are Companion animals, not animals to kill undefended family members or other non threatening animals.

Miles, your ignorance proceeds you, and ya might want to back off your pathetic threats of "happily euthanize apologists and rationalists for pit as the dogs themselves.", just makes you look like a dumb a$$ blow hard.

As to your comment above, are we to assume pitbulls were only bred to kill problem children and their kittens?

Well I don't know if Miles understood the points I was making in my post or if he read it all the way through it, but I don't think my post disagrees with his points.

So I have to agree with him that if a Pit has his teeth latched onto your a$$, then that is indeed a Pit problem...

And also that there are great variations in intelligence between individuals, both dogs and humans...that's clear to see.

And...that some dogs and some humans tend to be Schizo.

So as you can see, so far we all seem to be on the same page.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Now Miles,

You really need to deal with these anger issues, Miles.

However, (speiling and grameer aside) if you reread my posts you will find in no way I have apologized for pitbulls or their owners. I would have done the same thing as the OP if faced with a similar scenario and have myself put a slug in the skull of a dog that was not raised properly and had a serious pack leader complex that got out of hand.

Any idiot, knows that pit bulls have the potential of being killers and they've proven as much many times. Of course there are those owners and their children who have been saved by their pit bulls from attacks by both 2 and 4 legged creatures and would send lead your way if you tried put their dog down. The same can be said of many other breeds. Check out the link: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/dog-attack-deaths-maimings-merritt-clifton-2013.pdf Pits are obviously at the top of the list, but there are a lot of other breeds that maim and kill. Even you beloved English Setter put its mark on the list for at least one maiming.

There's a huge difference between a dog that goes bang and pops someone and then backs out which is far and away what goes on in most cases with most breeds. The dogs that go into berserk mode at don't back away after bang have no place on earth. Neither do the ass wipe apologists for them. Tying to equate a bit with going into kill mode is rationalization at it's worst. You can go to a field trail and walk through a string of setters chained to a truck. I doubt if even you would be stupid enough to try that with a string of pits.

It's not a matter of courage or steadfastness. The damn dogs just go into kill mode without regard to what it is they're killing or if there is any reason to do so. I have seen many many instances of bird dogs willing to kill themselves to do what they're bred to do. Nor is it a matter of intelligence since a pit doesn't bother to figure out what it's killing or if there's a threat requiring that response, that's just another rationalization by their ass wipe defender/apologists. Neither a matter of defense of home/property, go ask a chessie some time if you can have something of his. You will likely get bang, but he isn't going to kill you once he's convinced you it's not yours.

In short, there's no place for a dog that cannot be trusted. Just like there's no place for ass wipes who think they're good for something.

Now Miles, if you are still slandering me as an apologist for pits this makes at least 3 times you've called for my permanent removal from our wonderful planet.

Your last chance to say sorry and be nice...or else!

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
Boogaloo,

Pits have the same dog brain all dogs do, from Chihuahuas to the Great Dane I was working with today. Their minds are basically the same, as is their psychology. They are all pack animals and follow the leader. Even well socialized dogs are no exception...it's a thinner veneer than most owners realize.

Humans have human brains. But in an article I read a guy decided to investigate why there are no two story building in Africa except where "white" people were in charge. He discovered the typical IQ is around 70. The typical IQ for whites is 100, for Asians it is 108 and for Israelis it is 112. I would be willing to bet if there was a way to test dog brains you would discover they are not all the same from "Chihuahuas to the Great Dane."

Well here is the entire quote.

Every dog is an individual as well. Some are smarter than others is the most significant difference as to training. But the point is that they will respond to the same methods and techniques as any other dog, and Pits don't need to be beaten into submission as has been suggested here.

Perhaps the paragraph break was misleading. There are some researchers who have developed IO tests for animals. As for humans, the book "The Bell Curve" discusses those variations among humans, as I am sure most here are aware of it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thought the same thing myself. He obviously takes good care of that goat as I've seen pics he's posted of that beauty.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Now Miles,

You really need to deal with these anger issues, Miles.

However, (speiling and grameer aside) if you reread my posts you will find in no way I have apologized for pitbulls or their owners. I would have done the same thing as the OP if faced with a similar scenario and have myself put a slug in the skull of a dog that was not raised properly and had a serious pack leader complex that got out of hand.

Any idiot, knows that pit bulls have the potential of being killers and they've proven as much many times. Of course there are those owners and their children who have been saved by their pit bulls from attacks by both 2 and 4 legged creatures and would send lead your way if you tried put their dog down. The same can be said of many other breeds. Check out the link: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/dog-attack-deaths-maimings-merritt-clifton-2013.pdf Pits are obviously at the top of the list, but there are a lot of other breeds that maim and kill. Even you beloved English Setter put its mark on the list for at least one maiming.

There's a huge difference between a dog that goes bang and pops someone and then backs out which is far and away what goes on in most cases with most breeds. The dogs that go into berserk mode at don't back away after bang have no place on earth. Neither do the ass wipe apologists for them. Tying to equate a bit with going into kill mode is rationalization at it's worst. You can go to a field trail and walk through a string of setters chained to a truck. I doubt if even you would be stupid enough to try that with a string of pits.

It's not a matter of courage or steadfastness. The damn dogs just go into kill mode without regard to what it is they're killing or if there is any reason to do so. I have seen many many instances of bird dogs willing to kill themselves to do what they're bred to do. Nor is it a matter of intelligence since a pit doesn't bother to figure out what it's killing or if there's a threat requiring that response, that's just another rationalization by their ass wipe defender/apologists. Neither a matter of defense of home/property, go ask a chessie some time if you can have something of his. You will likely get bang, but he isn't going to kill you once he's convinced you it's not yours.

In short, there's no place for a dog that cannot be trusted. Just like there's no place for ass wipes who think they're good for something.

Now Miles, if you are still slandering me as an apologist for pits this makes at least 3 times you've called for my permanent removal from our wonderful planet.

You are deliberately twisting his intent, and his words.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As for humans, the book "The Bell Curve" discusses those variations among humans, as I am sure most here are aware of it.

That book influenced my hiring for years.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pit Bulls are the dog of choice of joos and NEOCONS...I also hear the same bunch keeps shower guns and are afraid of negroes in pick up trucks...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Or else what? You going to go buy a pit and show me how nice they are?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Normal Campfire procedure, once dialogue has reached the "or else" point is for you two to pick a bridge somewhere, meet up under it, and settle this.

Keep us posted (so's spreadsheets can be generated / bets laid,) take lotsa' pics, .....

Miles58, since SBTCO is making the call out, you get to choose the weapons.

Get with it, boys.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

If it is off the back porch, it is feral.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[

bullshit.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Once you let your cat out the door the only way to know where it goes is to attach a gps or a camera.

I would have just opened the door on the first day and let the cat out...but I generally don't want any animals in my garage. The lizards I don't mind, they eat bugs and don't bother anything.

Cats don't really like to be confined.

I've been encouraging my cat to go into the garage to look for rodents. Before the cat adopted me a rat pissed on the gas tank on my bike a while back and blistered the paint.

It does not matter how the cat got in, it was on another's property doing what it shouldn't.

So, dead.

As for your cat, who cares what your cat does on your property, off your property is another thing entirely.

This seems to be the crux of the matter...there are those that think their pet has right of access to everyone else's property...and you all seem to get upset when you lose the pet.

The fault belongs solely to the owner that does not control his animal, this is no different than a farmer allowing his stock to roam over a highway or a neighbours crop.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
[

bullshit.

Then do not raise cats here, for the overwhelming majority think as I do.

So does our Government, as we have untold millions of the bastard things roaming about.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Normal Campfire procedure, once dialogue has reached the "or else" point is for you two to pick a bridge somewhere, meet up under it, and settle this.

Keep us posted (so's spreadsheets can be generated / bets laid,) take lotsa' pics, .....

Miles58, since SBTCO is making the call out, you get to choose the weapons.

Get with it, boys.

GTC

It would be refreshing to see a round of good old fashioned nut kicking.

Square off, take turns and see who's standing at the end.

Has either Miles or SBTCO had bionic knee surgery? That could be a "deal" killer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Since I have no idea where the "land of milk and honey is" (it sure isn't where I live!) and a cat wearing a COLLAR is in my garage and putting his soft pads all over my car and belongs to a neighbor, maybe I'm just odd, but the civilized part of me says to first go over and inform said neighbor of the problem, then if it persists, I would seek other alternatives.

Unless I or my family were in danger (as in a rabid cat/dog or one of TRH's Pit Bulls), I'm just not into killing pets.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Since I have no idea where the "land of milk and honey is" (it sure isn't where I live!) and a cat wearing a COLLAR is in my garage and putting his soft pads all over my car and belongs to a neighbor, maybe I'm just odd, but the civilized part of me says to first go over and inform said neighbor of the problem, then if it persists, I would seek other alternatives.

Unless I or my family were in danger (as in a rabid cat/dog or one of TRH's Pit Bulls), I'm just not into killing pets.

Australia, Jorge.

And as for the latter, suffice to say you and I differ in this aspect as I have no tolerance for some mongrels dog or cat [bleep] al over my property.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have no tolerance for what you say either, I just can't shoot pets. A weakness on my part. As to Australia, lovely place and lovely folks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So if you had a cat or dog that ran onto my property, you're OK with me blasting them ?

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (7mm_Loco, 673, 264mag, AB2506, 44automag, 450yukon, 17 invisible), 1,105 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,881
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.