Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 25 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 24 25
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
being right or wrong was thrown out the window when they made it about them and not the Hammonds

I thought they were wrong for occupying the buildings regardless of the reasons?

LOL
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no they broke the law for occupying the buildings.

and if the people of that community want them gone, they should enforce the law when a peaceable solution presents itself.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/26/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I agree they did.

The question can be "Why?", or it can be "What good can we make of it?".

I'd think there's plenty of good mileage that can come of it, regardless of their intent, if cooler heads could prevail.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if public sentiment was on their side, a jury of peers and their day in court would go a long way in helping their cause.

however at this point, I would not want a jury trial if I were them.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't really know what they expect to accomplish. Their occupation doesn't seem to inconvenience anyone except themselves,...especially during the winter.

Eventually, the law is going to go out there and tell them to leave and the townspeople don't seem inclined to rally around their cause and turn out to support them. So then what? Everybody sacrifices their lives on the alter of the bird watchin' house?

Basically, the entire thing is a failure.

They need to go home.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't really know what they expect to accomplish. Their occupation doesn't seem to inconvenience anyone except themselves,...especially during the winter.

Eventually, the law is going to go out there and tell them to leave and the townspeople don't seem inclined to rally around their cause and turn out to support them. So then what? Everybody sacrifices their lives on the alter of the bird watchin' house?

Basically, the entire thing is a failure.

They need to go home.

Yes, they do,....look at the caliber of flake that the smell emanating from their circus is starting to attract.

.....Green Beret Kernels with sealed records ?

Good Grief !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the whole reason you do something like this is the confrontation, and by extension the acknowledgement of your position by someone in authority.

if they just ignore you , it totally kills your mojo

its like protesters blocking a sidewalk and everyone just walks on the other side.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK. Now they've done it, and it's wonderful!

Just relayed to me by a coworker.

"ANONYMOUS" a loosely associated international network of activist and hacktivist have unleashed on the occupiers. This is a group that will take on all kinds of causes (anti whaling, ISIS, Occupy Wall Street, etc). Obviously I do often support their take on things, but they've turned on the Bundy group.

Hacked in and taken down the occupiers website and social communications networks, Paypal accounts, and will likely be after Pete Santilli shortly. Couldn't happen to nicer bunch of folks. Guess they're even ahead of our government although the occupiers will insist it's really the FBI. This is a group that one does not want to piss off. Thank you Anonymous

A bit of sunshine today in Harney County

Here's an Anonymous link back when the Nevada affair was going on. Anonymous link

This one relates more to the current event Second Anonymous link

Tables are turning.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/26/16.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 1minute

"ANONYMOUS" a loosely associated international network of activist and hacktivist have unleashed on the occupiers. This is a group that will take on all kinds of causes (anti whaling, ISIS, Occupy Wall Street, etc). Obviously I do often support their take on things, but they've turned on the Bundy group.

Hacked in and taken down the occupiers website and social communications networks, Paypal accounts, and will likely be after Pete Santilli shortly. Couldn't happen to nicer bunch of folks. Guess they're even ahead of our government although the occupiers will insist it's really the FBI. This a group that one does not want to piss off. Thank you Anonymous

Here's an Anonymous link back when the Nevada affair was going on. Anonymous link

Tables are turning.

Thanks for the update again, 1min.

I guess one could say that Anonymous stuff is some law breaking civil disobedience for "their" cause, not the "Bundys".

Is it now a "war of disobedience"? mmmm? makes one wonder.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The real tragedy here is the Greens (the professionals, who know how to manipulate the media and have full time jobs doing so) have made serious hay out of this, deflecting the issues with muy mucho help from the Bundy Bunch.
Should be asking, WTF happened to put the Hammonds in jail as "terrorists" but instead the discussion is about how WONDERFUL federal management is.
The net effect is to make the Greens, who have politically driven the agencies to this low point, relevant to the discussion again. The questions needing asked about agency overreach and malintent by green sympathizers within the federal ranks are not happening.

Morons.
Absolute fooking morons.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute

Hacked in and taken down the occupiers website and social communications networks, Paypal accounts, and will likely be after Pete Santilli shortly. Couldn't happen to nicer bunch of folks. Guess they're even ahead of our government although the occupiers will insist it's really the FBI. This a group that one does not want to piss off. Thank you Anonymous

Tables are turning.

Wacko VS Wacko

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

Should be asking, WTF happened to put the Hammonds in jail as "terrorists"....

that is the crux. if it happened like the DOJ document says, and the Hammonds tried to burn a witness to their poaching, they should get the 5 years., but I'm not convinced. i'd be all ears to hear what really happened to land the Hammonds in hot water, but that subject is overshadowed by the Bundy dog and pony show.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by toad

that is the crux. if it happened like the DOJ document says, and the Hammonds tried to burn a witness to their poaching, they should get the 5 years., but I'm not convinced. i'd be all ears to hear what really happened to land the Hammonds in hot water, but that subject is overshadowed by the Bundy dog and pony show.

Here's a good article with some history of the Hammonds.

I fought wildfire for nearly 30 years. Usually the BLM isn't very interested in pursuing charges except in actual cases of arson (vs, say, a campfire getting away) or if large amounts of property, like houses, are destroyed, in which case the public wants someone to pay.

I think the article shows there were specific reasons prosecutors were playing hardball with the Hammonds.

The Hammonds weren't convicted of terrorism or even called terrorists in the trial. They were convicted of arson under the umbrella of the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996.

The Hammonds set at least one fire in "Red Flag" conditions. That could have killed someone.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The USFS set a "controlled burn" in Sisters Oregon in August a few years ago. Burned up half the country.

Internal USFS investigation concluded "no protocols were violated". And they wonder why we hate the govt.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Buck_
Originally Posted by toad

Here's a good article with some history of the Hammonds.

I fought wildfire for nearly 30 years. Usually the BLM isn't very interested in pursuing charges except in actual cases of arson (vs, say, a campfire getting away) or if large amounts of property, like houses, are destroyed, in which case the public wants someone to pay.

I think the article shows there were specific reasons prosecutors were playing hardball with the Hammonds.

The Hammonds weren't convicted of terrorism or even called terrorists in the trial. They were convicted of arson under the umbrella of the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996.

The Hammonds set at least one fire in "Red Flag" conditions. That could have killed someone.

I've seen the USFS start controlled burns that got out of hand under the same conditions, and burn tens of thousands of acres and homes and kill countless livestock and wildlife.

The deal with the Hammonds is that they went and paid their debt to society and served prison time, and were released. Then they were re-arrested and sentenced again.

That's the part that isn't fair.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Your link doesn't work for me.
Cutting back to wildfire.com doesn't either,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Your link doesn't work for me.
Cutting back to wildfire.com doesn't either,

The site must be down temporarily. It was up when I posted the link. Try Google's webcached page" http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kbCdEjYek1QJ:wildfiretoday.com/2016/01/05/the-timeline-for-the-oregon-rancher-arsonists/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

There might be 75,000 wildfires in the U.S. each year. With all those firefighters making millions of tactical and strategic decisions, often in "the fog of war" with incomplete information, sometimes things go wrong, and sometimes people make foolish mistakes. Those mistakes are treated differently than arson under the law for good reason.

And now for something completely different:
https://youtu.be/ExWfh6sGyso

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, I may look into that if I can't the "real" website to work.

I stay away from as much "g--gle" stuff as possible. I do everything I can to avoid helping them in their quest to take over the world Universe. shocked

Geno

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ammon Bundy has been arrested.

Two people were shot? During the arrest? WTH happened?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tiamen-shots-fired-Oregon-stand-off.html

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
HARNEY COUNTY, Ore. — KATU News has learned the leader of the armed occupation at Malheur Wildlife Refuge - Ammon Bundy - has been arrested, along with three other individuals Tuesday evening.

Officials said it all began with a traffic stop while Bundy and some of his followers were en route to a community meeting in John Day, about 70 miles away.

Shots were fired after FBI agents, Oregon State troopers and other law enforcement agencies made the stop. CNN reports its unclear who fired first.

Details of the arrest remain unknown, but charges are pending related to the group's 25-day takeover of the wildlife refuge.

http://katu.com/news/local/leader-of-oregon-occupation-ammon-bundy-three-others-arrested

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
Page 17 of 25 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

409 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 35 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,783
Posts18,536,251
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.