Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
FOX Didn’t Do It To Themselves. Trump Did It To Them

Bill Quick
January 27, 2016

FOX Walks Into a Trap

He just made everybody who might criticize him for snubbing the debate look like howling hypocrites. And made himself look like a wronged martyr to everybody else on top of it.

Add to this that quite a few Americans have been seriously disillusioned by FOX over the past several years with their limp-wristed defenses and excuses for the GOPe’s consistent refusal to keep their campaign promises to fight Obama. So far, it’s been limited to gut feelings that maybe they’re not as much in the fight as we thought they were, but now they just handed out the proof. They’ve picked sides, and it ain’t the side of people fed up with being lied to.

Is Trump’s win here deserved? It doesn’t matter! They just handed him a “yuuuge” victory, right there, and he didn’t have to lift a bloody finger. The situation went from “no effect” to “let’s hand Trump the nomination” with one statement. Either they’re dumb or they’re doing it on purpose.

Another note that we hadn’t considered since we’re firmly on the conservative side, but Scott Adams isn’t:

Now let’s say you are Donald Trump, the scariest Republican that any Democrat has seen in ages. What is the one best thing he can do to separate himself from the Republican machine and show that he can be a deal-maker for everyone? Answer: Punch FOX News in the mouth. Right in front of you.

Democrats are watching. Trump is framing himself as an enemy of their enemy. (Democrats hate FOX News.)

Boom. Head shot.

Thanks to FOX’s inability to keep their yaps shut, they’ve confirmed the suspicions of every conservative who has ever found himself wondering whether they were really on his side AND made a bunch of Democrats on the fence think that he can’t be all that bad if the Demon FOX hates him too.

Unless conservatism ups its game, it’s all over at this point.

The Emperor doesn’t let his own biases blind him, which is always a good thing, and generally leads to a much better grasp of reality than those who operate otherwise.

I would add one possible further layer: I don’t think FOX “handed it to Trump with their own screw up.” I think Trump deliberately goaded them into blowing themselves up.

Keep in mind that Trump started this whole thing. I believe it’s a mistake to forget who almost invariably turns out to be the prime actor in these situations.

BTW, here’s a prediction. Trump is scheduled to appear on O’Reilly tonight. It will be the most watched Factor ever. Which will only serve to underline the leverage Trump is operating from here.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I think the polls after this debate will determine who out foxed who.
To me I think he is making a big mistake. If he cant handle her, how will he handle Putin and others that need handling.
It makes no difference whether Fox is trying to promote Kelly or not, that's not the issue.

NRA Patron
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
My word, are there folks who still think this dynamic has anything to do with Kelly other than Trump using her as a tool?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't see this as a positive for Trump. He had a lot of support from people who liked his tough guy talk and slogan of Making America Great Again. In the last few days he has expressed his ability to get along with Pelosi, Reid and Schumer; plus dropped out of the debate. Additionally he has been able to mount nothing but personal attacks against Cruz. Most of the folks supporting him are doing it out of frustration with the establishment. For him to say he can make deals with them puts him in the same class as Boner, Ryan, McConnell et.al. He was my second choice but has just dropped off my radar. Listening to various talk shows a multitude of people are feeling the same. No win for him here.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I think everybody is reading too much into it.

Trump has been appearing before very large crowds on a regular basis for a couple of months.

When he wants to speak to a crowd he just shows up and there the crowd is.

This "debate" crap has gotten very old and it never was very good. It's just reality TV that the cable networks makes millions of dollars on.

Trump is tired of the debate nonsense, anyway. He didn't want to do another one in the first place, and then FOX started playing games and laying down the law about how it was going to be and Trump just said, "fuggit".

Now, everybody is trying to turn it into a "thing".

Trump just doesn't givva chit about being on another lame ass FOX debate program.

If he wants to have a debate, he'll arrange one himself. He doesn't need the FOX knotheads to do it.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is keeping himself as THE topic of conversation. He knows how to play the promotion game leagues beyond any politician.

*Master of random precision*
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by isaac
My word, are there folks who still think this dynamic has anything to do with Kelly other than Trump using her as a tool?

This ^^^^
The more I watch Trump stratagize and play the media like a master violinist with a Stradivarius in hand the more I want him as President. If he wins in Iowa and New Hampshire then I would expect him to not mention his Republican competition again and turn to tearing down the Democrats. He needs to be careful though this stretch to not alienate Cruze's and the rest's supporters who he will need to go to the polls in November.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
This time, Trump chose to direct his tough guy talk to Fox news.

According to how things played out today, coupled with Trump being the center of attention all day for free, once again, I don't think he could have scripted a more rewarding win.

The only people truly panicking now are Fox News, their co-conspirators and Cruz.

William Arthur Ward

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by twofish
He is keeping himself as THE topic of conversation. He knows how to play the promotion game leagues beyond any politician.

Precisely.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fox Force Five!

GG

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love hearing "This will be his downfall."

Gets kinda old after 6 months!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Putin may be a tough guy but Kelly was rude and disrespectful to Trump, she got what she deserved in Trump's remarks. None of the other moderators treated Trump like she did.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

The whole GD thing is getting old. Real old!

Frankly, if we all have to live with the BS for the next 4-8 years it will make us all old and damn near kill most of us.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by byc

Travis

Frankly, if we all have to live with the BS for the next 4-8 years it will make us all old and damn near kill most of us.

My friend, I will be just fine, because, long ago I realized that the election process in this Country is broken beyond repair, and the only true way to reset this country is to get bloody

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

No some of us just think that this proves Trump is a world class arse.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Bingo!

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This is what it is:

http://www.dangerandplay.com/2016/01/26/why-donald-trump-wont-show-up-to-the-foxnews-debate/

Before Donald Trump ran for office, the Republican debates were snooze fests. A few people who were bored watched them.

Because of Donald Trump the GOP debates have drawn huge crowds. The latest debate had 13.5 million viewers, a record number.

Those millions of people watch the debate for one reason – Trump.

No one cares about crusty Cruz, sweaty Rubio, or sleepy-eye Jeb Bush.

When Trump shows up, his competitors have a chance to impression millions of people who otherwise wouldn’t care about them.

Trump has built up the personal brands of parasites and losers. He’s given them enough corporate welfare.

Trump did the last debates to prove a point – that he can win them.

Trump has proven his point. He won every debate.

He has nothing to gain by giving ratings to dishonest FoxNews and to share his millions of fans with the other candidates.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by byc

Travis

If hiLIARy gets the WH, we won't want to be around for 4-8 years.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he wants to have a debate, he'll arrange one himself. He doesn't need the FOX knotheads to do it.

It's pretty evident he doesn't want to be ANYWHERE that would require him to answer questions.

Nor do his supporters.

He is making a mistake in sucking up to the Democrats.

You need to get the nomination before you start doing that.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by arctic338
I don't see this as a positive for Trump.

Sure it's a positive, a big one.

We're talking about him, everyone is talking about him. In his words, "It's HUGE"...

Louisiana master politician, Huey P. Long, was oft quoted as saying he didn't care what they said about him as long as they spelled his name right...

Infamous is real close to famous...

And, who has gotten more free publicity/notoriety, good and bad, than The Donald...

It's all a game and he is THE game master, no doubt about that...

Will he win, will he be a good president? Those are two entirely different questions...

Only time will tell.

DF

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 22250rem, 160user, 06hunter59, 204guy, 71 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,505 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,482
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.