-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
“I’m not going to end up in prison. I would rather die than be caged. And I’ve lived a good life.” The late Lavoy

Cramp?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'd think if I was injured, I probably wouldn't be able to RUN from a vehicle. But thats just a guess. And I can remember my wife telling me one time that her cramps were so bad she thought she was dying, well I thought that was a stretch but maybe this guy just proved that cramps can kill you. But I doubt it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What are the flashes at 35:26 and 35:34? Lavoy is shot and downed at 35:07.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kingston
What was the guy doing in the woods? It was an ambush. I can't tell who the shooter was. It looks like the man coming out I'd the woods may have tasered Lavoy. He had something in his left hand.

Dude, it was a road block, he fled from a previous stop. The FBI wasn't there to hand out stickers, and LaVoy knew it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A truck full of armed militia, one of which has sworn not to be taken alive, leads the police on a chase. Nearly runs over an officer attempting to avoid a roadblock. Immediately jumps out of the vehicle with hands up and then drops his hands to his waist when confronted by officers pointing guns at him. You really expect the officers to wait and see if he is reaching for a phone? Why would anyone reach for a phone at that moment? Mom calling at the worst time? Checking the latest posts on the Campfire?

I am glad I am not a cop. They are second guessed by keyboard heroes no matter what they do. If he had stopped the first time and followed the officers directions, he would be out on bail within a week. He wanted to go out like that and got his wish.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless being shot in the guts was the cause of putting his hands down, it almost does look like suicide by cop.

Then again, we were not there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 280shooter
“I’m not going to end up in prison. I would rather die than be caged. And I’ve lived a good life.” The late Lavoy

Cramp?

It sounds like you've already made your mind up or had it made up for you. I haven't. I'm looking at what is evidenced in the footage linked by the OP.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What are the flashes at 35:26 and 35:34? Lavoy is shot and downed at 35:07.

If you read the statement on the video, posted in the other thread, it states that those are flash bangs.

Used to disorient people.

Last edited by Jcubed; 01/28/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Cramp?

It sounds like you've already made your mind up or had it made up for you. I haven't. I'm looking at what is evidenced in the footage linked by the OP.

Another fail. I actually was leaning hard his way after hearing the 18 year old's account. Watching the video makes things pretty clear to the rational.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Look forward to seeing the ground level videos with sound. With that many LEO, body cams, and dash cams, got to be lots of good footage. When was the first shot fired? Whole lotta questions can be answered with the ground level videos with sound. YMMV

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
What was the guy doing in the woods? It was an ambush. I can't tell who the shooter was. It looks like the man coming out I'd the woods may have tasered Lavoy. He had something in his left hand.

An ambush? Really???

The police tried to stop him several miles down the road, and had him stopped for what, nearly ten minutes before he obviously decided to make a run for it. It seems to me the police prepared for that possibility and were set up with a roadblock down the road.

Everybody in that vehicle had ample opportunity to give up and chose not to do so. Additionally, we've all seen hundreds of pictures of Finicum over the past few weeks. I may be wrong, but I don't recall a single photo of the man in which he wasn't carrying a gun. Why would you then assume he was unarmed during the attempted traffic stop?

Finicum has also been very vocal that he'd die before he'd spend time in prison. With apologies to all of you cop haters and Finicum worshipers, it looks to me like the man was true to his word...

Chris

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we've all seen hundreds of pictures of Finicum over the past few weeks.

I have not been following this. What I saw on the video was a guy with his hands in the air get shot. At that time he brought his hands down. If I was on a grand jury the family would get all they ask for.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I didn't watch the video from two days previous where Bundy and Finicum met the lead FBI guy out at the airport. I just read the account that they were there and walked-out of the meeting because the FBI guy in charge would not allow their meeting to be recorded. Was Finicum armed at the meeting, possibly being the last time the FBI would have seen him?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't fault the cops on this shooting.

The guy did a piss poor surrender if that's what he was attempting to do.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Finicum exits with both hands held high and then appears to put both hands down near his waste area when he is shot. No effort at all to give him aid. Just leave him lay there and bleed to death...

There were people still in the vehicle who needed to be secured before you can render aid. He damn near ran over one officer. When his hands went to his waist, I'd have shot him too.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
To me, it looks as though he exited the vehicle with his hand high (not completely up, but outstretched at shoulder height). I couldn't see whether he had anything in is hands, but it does appear that hid did lower his arms (was this before or after being shot" - can't tell).

I do not know whether the actual stop and shooting was performed by local, state or Federal officers - does anyone know?

Regardless, this is a tragedy.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
Look how fast .gov can release video evidence.

Yes, this is interesting; I thought the same thing. Aren't such tapes kept as evidence and not released anytime soon?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
To me, it looks as though he exited the vehicle with his hand high (not completely up, but outstretched at shoulder height). I couldn't see whether he had anything in is hands, but it does appear that hid did lower his arms (was this before or after being shot" - can't tell).

I do not know whether the actual stop and shooting was performed by local, state or Federal officers - does anyone know?

Regardless, this is a tragedy.

There is a lot that is tragic in this world.

This doesn't even register.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
I didn't watch the video from two days previous where Bundy and Finicum met the lead FBI guy out at the airport. I just read the account that they were there and walked-out of the meeting because the FBI guy in charge would not allow their meeting to be recorded. Was Finicum armed at the meeting, possibly being the last time the FBI would have seen him?

Haven't seen anything from that meeting, so don't know. All the photos I've seen of his media interviews have shown him packing.

Chris

Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (afisher, 12344mag, 6mmbrfan, 257 roberts, 21, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,085
Posts18,501,701
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.