Hop To
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by willhunt4
I think the rest of the folks in his truck are lucky he didn't get them all shot driving at the the road block the way he did. The officer he almost hit looks to be trying to get out of the way because he thought the truck was going to ram the vehicles. Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

I saw something completely different. I saw an officer leap to the berm, so as to block or discourage the driver from from proceeding.

You may be correct about the officer trying to move to intercept.
Still the wrong move by the driver to not stop well short of the road block and stay in the vehicle until instructed to do otherwise.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw something completely different. I saw an officer leap to the berm, so as to block or discourage the driver from from proceeding.

You have to be kidding.

The dumbest of dumb wouldn't jump in front of a moving truck.

This shows folks see want they WANT to see.

I saw the officer jump in front of the truck also. There are hero types in all professions. I am convinced some cops want to shoot first and hope the video clears them later. I had a couple friends who were cops. In twenty years one had one fight. The other had a fight at least once per week in his fifteen years of being a cop. They are people with a different job than most of us who do it differently based on their personality.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by high_country_
Has anyone ever walked in snow on a hill? I'm seeing him bust through and try to catch himself, which was probably about the time he had serious abdominal pain from getting shot.

He did enough things wrong to earn it, but I don't see him going for a piece, especially not without cover or concealment and 20 rifles trained on him.

Bad move by both sides IMO.

Given his statements about not being taken alive, you still believe this?

watch the others exit the car, they all had trouble walking in the snow given the grade.

I am not saying the cops were not in the right to whack him, but I don't believe that he seriously though that he would stand a chance to get a shot off, even Bob Munden would be hard pressed to do so against those odd. Was it suicide by cop? a ground level tape with audio is all that can answer that. I would not be able to convict a cop for the shooting given the priors and the action leading up to the stop, but I also cannot dismiss the fact that Mr Finicum may have either slipped and been shot due to the sudden movement or been doing as told and got popped. there were a lot of guns on him and a lot of adrenaline flowing.

That's the whole premise behind suicide by cop

not being there and not having anything other than a perspective that nobody has ever been able to have real time in a fight, I can see both sides of this argument. you have a guy with a possible pistol in his pocket, has done things to prove he is not that bright and has made statements that are damning.

now, lets look at the flip side, there are 20 ish guys behind cover, most with accurate weapons and time to take aim (as proven by the quick death). Mr Finicum would need to be the greatest shot on earth to present any danger to those behind cover. I am not suggesting that they take fire before dishing it out, but given the polarization of this subject, some audio or a visible weapon would have sealedthe deal for the LE IMO. with no visible weapon and no audio, we will never know if it was a early discharge, quick response to a verbal threat by fin or somwhere in between.

it is very easy to view this from either perspective and guess.....but it is still just a guess.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think the rest of the folks in his truck are lucky he didn't get them all shot driving at the the road block the way he did. The officer he almost hit looks to be trying to get out of the way because he thought the truck was going to ram the vehicles. Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

You may be correct about the officer trying to move to intercept.
Still the wrong move by the driver to not stop well short of the road block and stay in the vehicle until instructed to do otherwise.

I only meant to suggest an alternative reason for what appears to be an officer leaping to the berm. An alternative to Willhunt4's suggestion, "The officer he almost hit looks to be trying to get out of the way because he thought the truck was going to ram the vehicles."

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Finicum exits with both hands held high and then appears to put both hands down near his waste area when he is shot. No effort at all to give him aid. Just leave him lay there and bleed to death...

Im a first responder... given all thats been going on, that scene is not safe for medical response..... Just saying.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dumbass was driving and ran from the cops. Tried to run a roadblock and damned near ran over a cop. Gets out of the truck puts his back to the cops and reaches for something in his coat. What a Dumbass. All would have been well, if at the first stop, had he turned the truck off and all occupants put their hands out of the windows.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Finicum exits with both hands held high and then appears to put both hands down near his waste area when he is shot. No effort at all to give him aid. Just leave him lay there and bleed to death...

Im a first responder... given all thats been going on, that scene is not safe for medical response..... Just saying.

anyone who argues with you on this point is quite ignorant.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
thinking this...
#1 it was his intention to shoot it out with the police...why would he not draw the weapon prior to exiting the vehicle?
#2 has it been proven 5hat he was armed on his person when shot?

buckshot to the back is always bad press.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ringworm
thinking this...
#1 it was his intention to shoot it out with the police...why would he not draw the weapon prior to exiting the vehicle?

FBI states he had a loaded 9mm in the pocket he was reaching for

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by ringworm
thinking this...

Just a guess, but his cause gains nothing by the shooting being justified. He wanted to be shot with his hands up in the air. It also would benefit the family he chose to leave behind.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Has anyone ever walked in snow on a hill? I'm seeing him bust through and try to catch himself, which was probably about the time he had serious abdominal pain from getting shot.

He did enough things wrong to earn it, but I don't see him going for a piece, especially not without cover or concealment and 20 rifles trained on him.

Bad move by both sides IMO.

Given his statements about not being taken alive, you still believe this?

watch the others exit the car, they all had trouble walking in the snow given the grade.

I am not saying the cops were not in the right to whack him, but I don't believe that he seriously though that he would stand a chance to get a shot off, even Bob Munden would be hard pressed to do so against those odd. Was it suicide by cop? a ground level tape with audio is all that can answer that. I would not be able to convict a cop for the shooting given the priors and the action leading up to the stop, but I also cannot dismiss the fact that Mr Finicum may have either slipped and been shot due to the sudden movement or been doing as told and got popped. there were a lot of guns on him and a lot of adrenaline flowing.

That's the whole premise behind suicide by cop

not being there and not having anything other than a perspective that nobody has ever been able to have real time in a fight, I can see both sides of this argument. you have a guy with a possible pistol in his pocket, has done things to prove he is not that bright and has made statements that are damning.

now, lets look at the flip side, there are 20 ish guys behind cover, most with accurate weapons and time to take aim (as proven by the quick death). Mr Finicum would need to be the greatest shot on earth to present any danger to those behind cover. I am not suggesting that they take fire before dishing it out, but given the polarization of this subject, some audio or a visible weapon would have sealedthe deal for the LE IMO. with no visible weapon and no audio, we will never know if it was a early discharge, quick response to a verbal threat by fin or somwhere in between.

it is very easy to view this from either perspective and guess.....but it is still just a guess.

The cop standing in front of him before he was shot didn't look to be behind cover to me

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Technically there were two cops in front of him in the open.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Looked like he was trying to show that he was unarmed. Obviously, doing anything other than having your hands up and following orders to a tee is completely stupid, but then so is shooting someone who is not pointing a gun at you. The only part I don't get is why people are in favor of cops shooting people when they don't absolutely have to. The FBI knew this was going down. They should have had a better plan to get those people to court healthy. What they did should land them all in jail and their bosses fired. We are paying them to do a job, after all.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I believe that armed law enforcement officers should be held to the highest standards. Their safety should come second to preserving the rights of citizens. Being confused, angry, ignorant, stupid, mentally ill, acting out, resisting, etc. does not forfeit your rights. The only entity empowered to restrict a person's right is a court of law.

Freedom is not free. It requires sacrifice and tolerance. Preserving the freedom of speech means that we've got to allow everyone to voice their opinions, without regard for the content. Preserving the right to bear arms, means that we're going to live in a society where citizens have access to dangerous weapons and that there's no practical way to prevent accidents and tragedy from resulting from this access. It's a give and take. Preserving religious freedoms means allowing others to practice religions differing from your own.

We celebrate those who serve in law enforcement. We do so because working in law enforcement is dangerous. In a free society law enforcement officers accept these risks, not out of benefit to themselves, but for societies' benefit. Their commitment is not transitory, they can't choose when to put themselves at risk and when not to. Bless them for serving.

The last few decades has seen Law enforcement become increasingly militarized. Law enforcement is well trained, well equipped, and well compensated. I applaud their service and sacrifice, but I do so realizing that they've choose to put the job before themselves and now have a duty to do so.

I must have missed where officers are supposed to take one for the team before they can do their job.

Really, this is your response?

Just because a person straps on a gun and pins a badge on doesn't mean they don't deserve to come home to their families at the end of a shift.

You said:

Their safety should come second to preserving the rights of citizens. Being confused, angry, ignorant, stupid, mentally ill, acting out, resisting, etc. does not forfeit your rights. The only entity empowered to restrict a person's right is a court of law.

What rights of the person in question were violated? Specifically to this event, FBI and OSP were tasked with the arrest on an arrest warrant of a list of people, known to likely armed, including the deceased. Upon being pulled over, one person exited the vehicle and was peacefully taken into custody. The deceased then resisted arrest by fleeing the scene, running a roadblock while nearly ramming an officer on foot. He exits his vehicle, then refuses to comply with the commands of officers tasked with his arrest. He repeatedly drops his hands to his coat or waist area and was summarily shot by the officers. Upon further investigation, the suspect had a loaded 9mm handgun in his coat pocket.

Where were his rights violated? And how does this supposed violation of his rights supplant officer safety?

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 01/29/16.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Looked like he was trying to show that he was unarmed. Obviously, doing anything other than having your hands up and following orders to a tee is completely stupid, but then so is shooting someone who is not pointing a gun at you. The only part I don't get is why people are in favor of cops shooting people when they don't absolutely have to. The FBI knew this was going down. They should have had a better plan to get those people to court healthy. What they did should land them all in jail and their bosses fired. We are paying them to do a job, after all.

You can't save someone from themselves.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 4ager
Technically there were two cops in front of him in the open.

So that further shoots the above theory In the ass.

Way I see it, he knew damned well he wouldn't win a gun fight there, but I think he had some fantasy land view of being some sort of martyr for a cause. I'm not saying his "big picture" cause (getting rid of big govt) was wrong but this particular flag he took up was dumb.

I have to wonder if maybe he didn't have a terminal illness, and decided that by going out as a martyr he could ensure his family 's future with all of the "go fund me" spies so prevalent today

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Please tell.me how you would go about apprehending persons known to be amred, and known to make statements about not being taken alive, while absolutely guaranteeing they don't get hurt in a world of uncertainties?

Actions have consequences.

Suppose instead of a gun he had a detonator wired to a vest full of IEDS?..

How do you know he isn't reaching for the detonator in his pocket?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Suppose instead of a gun he had a detonator wired to a vest full of IEDS?..

How do you know he isn't reaching for the detonator in his pocket?

I understand Dan Chamberlain is good enough to deal with that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Except he wasn't unarmed, was he?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When they guys drove in like they did, I'm guessing that pretty much gives one insight into their mentality at the time.

FJB & FJT
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.