Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Unless info has changed(which it may have) all the articles I have seen have stated he was unarmed.
I havn't followed it as of late,basically because I fell he had a wish...

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I saw something completely different. I saw an officer leap to the berm, so as to block or discourage the driver from from proceeding.

Does this sorta' nonsense just flow from your mind, and out into the I-net,....or do you have to seriously work at coming up with increasingly ridiculous BS ?

That is the STUPIDEST thing I've seen, or heard this week, Mister.

....and there's been no shortage of stupid.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rong
Unless info has changed(which it may have) all the articles I have seen have stated he was unarmed.
I havn't followed it as of late,basically because I fell he had a wish...

The FBI sac, released a statement saying he was found with s loaded 9mm in his left interior coat pocket

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Looked like he was trying to show that he was unarmed. Obviously, doing anything other than having your hands up and following orders to a tee is completely stupid, but then so is shooting someone who is not pointing a gun at you. The only part I don't get is why people are in favor of cops shooting people when they don't absolutely have to. The FBI knew this was going down. They should have had a better plan to get those people to court healthy. What they did should land them all in jail and their bosses fired. We are paying them to do a job, after all.

Jeez, another contender in the stupid race.

They're neck and neck comin' into the home stretch, folks.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I think it's wonderful how the FBI has been so helpful releasing all this information. Now if they could be just as helpful in the Yantis case that would great.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I pronounced this a good shoot several pages ago based only on the video. Y'all are overthinking the deal to death.

Regardless of what the guy said, or did, prior to his actions from the first roadblock forward, his actions after exiting his vehicle are not even remotely the actions of a man intending to be compliant with the cops.

They should have killed him and they did.

They shouldn't have killed his passengers and they didn't.

End of story.

Last edited by curdog4570; 01/29/16.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I pronounced this a good shoot several pages ago based only on the video.

Everybody stop posting.

Quit posting.

Thread closed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Harry M
I think it's wonderful how the FBI has been so helpful releasing all this information. Now if they could be just as helpful in the Yantis case that would great.

Exactly what I've been thinking. The silence on that issue is deafening.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

The LEOs had the rare advantage of prior warning in this case.

They set up the road block and had the film running.

Some LEOs in some cases (Chicago) get away with the delay for bad reasons.

But very few cases allow law enforcement the time to plan what they know will be a negative interaction with protestors.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BMT

The LEOs had the rare advantage of prior warning in this case.

They set up the road block and had the film running.

Some LEOs in some cases (Chicago) get away with the delay for bad reasons.

But very few cases allow law enforcement the time to plan what they know will be a negative interaction with protestors.

What has that to do with the existing body and dash cams in Council, Idaho? We know the cams were there, but I have yet to see even a statement of whether or not they were in fact turned on. Either there is usable video or there isn't. Why the secrecy?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The FBI wasn't at the Yantis shooting. This was their OP.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I don't think it matters whether he was armed or not. As was pointed out somewhere early on in this thread, he could have put his hand in his pocket, an detonated a device. Sound crazy?

The farmers were planning this for weeks, if not months. They proved that by having supplies to hold up in the building. Is it unreasonable to think that they could have created an explosive device? It's easy to know now what he did or didn't have. Let's look at what the officers did know, even aside from his public comments, actions, etc. Just look at the traffic stop.

Suspect vehicle stops initially. Sits for a period of time. What are they doing? Preparing a device? Drawing up a plan? Eating popcorn? Watching the debate? Who knows.

Suspect then drives away from police. To go where? Maybe just to draw more LEOs in, so he can kill as many as possible with the device and make a more profound statement?

Suspect exits the vehicle and, at least from what we see, appears to not be acting like someone in compliance. I'm guessing the LEOs weren't saying: "Raise your hands. Lower your hands. Turn this way. Now that way. Put your hands near you waste. Now near your pockets. Do the hokie-pokie." I assume this, based on the actions of the second suspect. He exits the vehicles, raises his hands, and tosses a weapon.

LEOs have a duty to us. They also have a duty to each other and their families. That is to get home safely. I'm sure there are bad LEOs out there, but I bet most don't take satisfaction in taking a life.

We weren't there. But if I wanted to comply with LEOs, I don't think that video shows how I'd go about it.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
The FBI knew this was going down. They should have had a better plan to get those people to court healthy. What they did should land them all in jail and their bosses fired. We are paying them to do a job, after all.

You seem to forget that they have absolutely zero accountability, especially in a situation like this one............and that's really what's wrong with this whole scenario & show & use o "overwhelming" force.

They are essentially untouchable, whether they were right or wrong.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by willhunt4
I think the rest of the folks in his truck are lucky he didn't get them all shot driving at the the road block the way he did. The officer he almost hit looks to be trying to get out of the way because he thought the truck was going to ram the vehicles. Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

I saw something completely different. I saw an officer leap to the berm, so as to block or discourage the driver from from proceeding.

kingston,

assuming a reasonable level of sanity/intelligence.... YOU would do that? jump in front of a moving vehicle (a full sized truck no less) " to block or discourage the driver from from proceeding"?

I seriously doubt it.

I saw what the other person did, the officer in question thought the vehicles would be rammed and dove to the side.

Geno

PS, forgive please, I see I am late to this party, questioning the reasonableness of your statement re: jumping in front of a moving truck. Others have already taken this idea up with you. I have seen some of you response to said others.

I now have another theory. A humorous one. The officer in question, let's call him Officer Jumpy, suffers from restless leg syndrome and the twitches needed relief. So, he did the "Time Warp" .

Last edited by Valsdad; 01/29/16. Reason: PS

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Geno,

I see you are trying that common sense and logical approach again...

How's it going?

Yeah, what the hell, tilting at windmills is a specialty of folks with a Mediterranean heritage.

I don't know what Nordic/Germanic folks do?

"Ride" Valkyries? laugh

(cute ones of course. Like down below)

While listening to Wagner?

maybe I need to channel the Irish blood, I hear there's some Viking in those folks.

Could be more fun than this, however, some of the posts here border on the hilarious.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RWE
I pronounced this a good shoot several pages ago based only on the video.

Everybody stop posting.

Quit posting.

Thread closed.

RWE,

why? are there squirrels about? a whole cabal of them?

Oh wherefore art thou Mr Tibbe?

grin

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
WyColoCowboy,

What rights of the person in question were violated? Specifically to this event, FBI and OSP were tasked with the arrest on an arrest warrant of a list of people, known to likely armed, including the deceased. Upon being pulled over, one person exited the vehicle and was peacefully taken into custody. The deceased then resisted arrest by fleeing the scene, running a roadblock while nearly ramming an officer on foot. He exits his vehicle, then refuses to comply with the commands of officers tasked with his arrest. He repeatedly drops his hands to his coat or waist area and was summarily shot by the officers. Upon further investigation, the suspect had a loaded 9mm handgun in his coat pocket.

Where were his rights violated? And how does this supposed violation of his rights supplant officer safety?

Where did you get all this info? I saw him put his hands down only once. And that was after they shot him. Were you there to see the retrieval of a 9mm? Or did someone plant it after the fact?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
WyColoCowboy,

Except he wasn't unarmed, was he?

Were you there to verify this?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Ringman

Where did you get all this info? I saw him put his hands down only once. And that was after they shot him. Were you there to see the retrieval of a 9mm? Or did someone plant it after the fact?

Check the zoomed in video on the Oregonian. His hands went down at least twice that I could see. He was jumping like he had a squirrel in his shorts.

I don't think it matters if had a gun. The question is, did he comply? If his hand go near his pocket and he wants to trigger a device, why does the LEO have to "see" gun. Hands anywhere but in the air are a risk to the suspect.

Last edited by Joseywales; 01/29/16.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
...his actions after exiting his vehicle are not even remotely the actions of a man intending to be compliant with the cops.
End of story.

They certainly could be. Jumps out with hands spread (surrendering) and gets out into the opening (not hiding or taking cover), turning around some (to be visible). Maybe even indicating that he's got a gun in his pocket so that they're not wondering or thinking he's hiding anything. One (or more) of the cops is yelling something like "Show me the gun!" or "Take it out carefully and put it on the ground!" and another (or more) is yelling something like "Freeze!" or "Hands Up!" or something. Conflicting instructions, which cause him to reach towards a coat and away a coupla of times.

Totally plausible. Just ask Erik Scott.

Good audio would be helpful, of course.... Without it this video isn't especially helpful.

Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 19rabbit52, 63 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,197
Posts18,524,088
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.