Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I know I could be creative and make something that works but will a Lyman #26cf fit. Not sure of the dimensions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Steve

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hard saying without a factory chart. Is the 26CF the same height as the stock blade?

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Steve, sorry no input on your front blade. I forgot if I asked you this before. With you name, treeman, are you in the tree care industry? I was fourth generation in the family doing residential tree care, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the barrel on your rifle is the featherweight with the long integral sight base. So, yes a 26CF is correct. It needs the screw/pin to hold it in place.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thanks Rick. I have the screw. Just acquired locally a nice old and honest f td 30/30 that still original from what I can tell except for the front blade. Have 3 26 cf with ivory front bead that will be coming my way. Looks like I'll only need one so if anyone has an interest I'll have a couple extra. Just send me a private message.
Joe, 2nd generation and don't think their will be a third. But like you been around the tree business and working with wood my whole life. Then I got hooked on sav 99's and it's a never ending journey! Right when u think your done and say no more something always pulls u back in.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yep, my son graduated from MD U with two degrees, one in physics and one in computer science. He's working on his Masters in CS and working at NIH. When he was little his mother asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He said I don't know what I want to be, but, I know what I don't want to be. A tree climber or a UPS man. Both of the things I've done, Joe.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Yep, my son graduated from MD U with two degrees, one in physics and one in computer science. He's working on his Masters in CS and working at NIH. When he was little his mother asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He said I don't know what I want to be, but, I know what I don't want to be. A tree climber or a UPS man. Both of the things I've done, Joe.

I always say if a thief wants my identity, he can have it. It's never done me much good, maybe it'll work better for him! grin And we can always serve as a bad example right Joe?!

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I recall someone posting a chart of the Lyman sight blades a long time ago. Did anybody save it?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have this copy.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That's it. Thanks, Tom.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

I always say if a thief wants my identity, he can have it. It's never done me much good, maybe it'll work better for him! grin And we can always serve as a bad example right Joe?!

Yeah, my buddy was just saying yesterday, he had a girl in front and one behind him at the grocery store. They both had their independence cards. He made the statement kind of loud, "Looks like I'm buying everybodies groceries today". We have both worked our arse's off since junior high school. Now all you need is a couple babies and they give you a card to buy all of your chips and beer. Seems like the folks on welfare have better phones than me. I must be setting a bad example, doing it all wrong. I just retired November 1st and I'm thinking of scrounging up 5 or 6 lawns to mow for Savage money. I wonder if there is any way I can go on welfare and keep my pension, kind of double dip, that would be the way to go, Joe.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

183 members (44mc, 300jimmy, 808outdoors, 325wsm1, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 13 invisible), 13,945 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,109
Posts18,541,954
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.