Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Costco definitely has it figured out. One way in and one way out!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Think it had something to do with people running out of gas and being out in the middle of traffic trying to put gas in with a can... so they put the fill tube on the curb side.

Phil

In Europe they have them on the right side for that very reason in countries that drive on the correct side of the road, unlike the Brits and Italians. whistle whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Oregon is pretty organized here since we have to let attendants pump our fuel...even up in Potland...

but especially locally, where the volume stations have arrows on the ground to display the desired flow... there can be a line of people waiting at the stations with the cheapest fuel...

a car leaves, and in comes Joe California, and zips in, in the wrong direction, so they don't have to wait in line...

and then they get all pissed off that they won't serve them, and tell them to back out and get in line...

happens all the time...but very rarely do these clowns get away with it...

that is one positive thing about not pumping your own fuel...

I cross into CA, and at the fuel station its a darn free for all at some of them...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The fact that people can't figure out a damned gas pump says all that is needed about this nation today.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ted Kennedy passed a law in the 1960's that made all auto makers alternate side and rear accessed gas filling provisions to keep car thieves from stealing cars and putting gas in them when they don't know where to put the gas. Gas stations were then supposed to have cameras to catch the confused motorists and then call the cops to catch the criminals while they were still tying to find the gas filler spout.

It is best you know where to put your gas or you could be arrested for grand theft auto...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
The fact that people can't figure out a damned gas pump says all that is needed about this nation today.

Under suitable conditions, an egg becomes a chicken; and there are no chickens born of stones.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure of what you speak, nor can I cipher all of your large vulgar words, but I will fphuck you up........

Hint.

Slave

grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I could never figure out why anyone would put it on the right side. Maybe the designer is from England or something. We drive on the right in this country with the median on the left of the vehicle.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
The right side left side issue is a minor inconvenience compared to pulling into a country gas station to fill up your vehicle only to have to wait while 3 or 4 different groups of snowmobiles have all the pumps occupied while 10-15 different riders each buy a few gallons of gas, top off their oil injection tanks and put their helmets and gloves back on when they're done socializing.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i use a small country gas station to get white gas for my SxS, chainsaw, weed eater, mower.

1 diesel pump, 1 gas pump.

never fails. A democrat is blocking the pump with his hoopty with rims, not even getting gas. In the store grabbing a swisher sweet and getting phone card minutes.

I'll pull in nose to nose, so he'll least have to back out.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Chaos is such a strong word. How about mangitis?

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Thanks to the c##k-s**king, mother-f%%ing, s**t-eating, d**c-licking, idiot that thought it cute to start putting the gas fill on the wrong side of some vehicles.

LOL! Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel!
I refer to him as "The Original Idiot", or dckhead #1. I told "Wifey", if, when I die, I'm allowed through the Pearly Gates, I'm going to hunt up the guy who invented vice-grips and shake his hand. If, OTOH, I end up in a warmer climate, I'm gonna find this "original idiot" and kick his ass!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i've had my outback for 4 months and still pull into the drivers side pump. first car i've ever had with it on the passenger side.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We had a fresh water washdown (flushed the fire system) in Gutan Lake after passing thru.
Also a fresh water shower for the crew.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Scott F

And you guys all hate Oregon. grin

I don't hate Oregon. Just liberals. laugh

We have a lot in common.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Most that I've seen, have a marker by the fuel gauge to indicate which side you should pull up on.

that's the key!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dont have these problems with Corvettes.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pat85
Dont have these problems with Corvettes.

Didn't have that problem when I drove truck. 150 gallon tank on each side.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FREEDOM!

whats wit you folkses. This is 'murica. Be brave. drive in whichever dang ways you wants to. fillerup with witchever hose ya ken. takes however long you wants to to pay and stuf, the cashere lady mite be HOT! and it takes a long time t figger out the price of a can a snuff nowsdays.

and fer petes sakes, who's komplanein bout emptee they trash out at the free trash cans. mans gotta be dum not too. 'sides the can at home is all filled up wit sposable diepers from the kiddos me an the ole lady have. somes hers, somes mine, somes ours (i think, mite be her pa's, he visits lots)

I sez FREEDOM, this be the land o comepetitishun (thas a hard one t spel). if'n I ken gets to the pump for you by goin the rong way, its only rite.

yall nedes ta kwit yer bishin.

FREEDOM.

Geno

PS, i hates them dam arras pane ted on the ground. in the grossery store lot, at the red lites, and in them fillin stashuns. I never paze a tension to them.

Last edited by Valsdad; 02/01/16.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Try it here in Northern Mexico, where they no speekee too! mad

Sean
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 52 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,443
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.