Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
With everything being formatted for flat screen/HD TV these days...it's got to the point where most of the time I only get the middle 50% of the picture so I've decided to retire the old Sony Trinitron.......I've been waiting for it to die but clearly that isn't going to happen.....

Anyone know an eight year old I can hire to get my remote and other accessories to work with the new beast when I finally make the leap....

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If you use a cable provider their remote will be primary with the TV's only used for contrast and stuff like that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you go for some add-on devices, it is handy to hire a "remote-bearer" akin to the safari gun-bearer to stand by and hand you the required remote when it is called for. A really good one will be able to determine which remote is needed for the situation, relieving you of the stress of trying to remember which is appropriate when being charged by a hostile program.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm not as concerned with the other stuff....mainly I just want the DirecTV remote to turn the TV off and on without having to call and talk to Habieb....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RTFM, I did and I'm dumber than you.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If I read the manual (providing the TV comes with one) will I have to turn in my man card....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats, it's nice to have a 55 inch TV that weighs a lot less than a 30 inch Trinitron smirk especially if you have to move smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
If I read the manual (providing the TV comes with one) will I have to turn in my man card....
I could hardly imagine it would be necessary. They're pretty easy to navigate unless you want to do picture in picture, 3d, netflicks, or stuff like that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not as concerned with the other stuff....mainly I just want the DirecTV remote to turn the TV off and on without having to call and talk to Habieb....

Once set up the Direct TV controller will be the only one you use.
Not the TV one.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I HATE that black bar on top and bottom.
Everything is squished. A tall slender chick looks short and fat.
A fat girl looks like a beached whale.

WTF?

Why is this horseshit the default setting?
Is it to make short armed round guys and fat broads (most Americans) feel better about themselves?

Seems to me default setting should be NORMAL that uses the entire screen.

And all you short squat fat fuggs that want to feel better about yourselves need to get you fat asses off the couch in front of your big flat screen and find something other to do than sit around getting fatter.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this all you old farts need

[Linked Image]

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
this all you old farts need

[Linked Image]

Now that is funny

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Love my smart tv's

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Love my smart tv's
You're gonna scare him.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
FWIW I got a new flat screen and set it up on cable in less than ten minutes. That lets you know it was pretty fuggin' easy for an old fart.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Admit it. Rommel helped!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, there's your problem right there, you got the wrong guy, you are supposed to talk to Mujibar. laugh

[Linked Image]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
Admit it. Rommel helped!

Actually my Border Collie was alive and still pretty well when I did it. She set it up and checked to see if all the wiring was up to code. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Anyone know an eight year old I can hire to get my remote and other accessories to work with the new beast when I finally make the leap....

I have a 3 almost 4 year old grand daughter that can set it up for you. She's known everything there is to know about TVs , DVD players , cell phones , ipods , ipads , etc since she was 2 years old.

Me , I ain't got a clue about none of that stuff

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm in the same boat. I still have a Sony Trinitron Wega that I paid good money for in 2002 that refuses to die. It was one of the first HD TVs. Where I used to think 32" was big enough, I'm now asking myself WTF I haven't upgraded.

I guess I'm getting old or I see it as a sunk cost to spend on technology that will be outdated in 6 months.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,780
Posts18,477,082
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.