-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Does WY require a guide for Non-Residents to hunt Antelope? Mule Deer?
<br>
<br>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
rotr,
<br> I think a non-resident only has to have a guide for trophy/big game if they are going to hunt in national forest. Also I think a resident companion will work. If you know some who lives there you are set. The wyo game and fish is gf.state.wy.us/
<br>hope this helps.
<br> Delbert

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks D
<br>
<br>I looked on the web and didn't find anything conclusive..
<br>
<br>I'll have to have my buddy who lived out there hook me up with some of his pards if I get to go. I was hoping I could get at least an Antelope tag, because even I can find them out there[Linked Image] on BLM land.
<br>
<br>Mike

NRA Endowment Member

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Just a law pushed in by outfitters to get more business. However any resident of Wy can guide two hunters , but cannot charge anything fr it.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
ROTR,
<br> Wyoming only requires a licensed guide for non res while big game hunting in the Wilderness areas. You can hunt non-guided in Nat'l forest and BLM as long as its not designated as a wilderness area. Regions which have designated wilderness areas are the Wind River Range, the Yellowstone border and areas near Jackson hole. The hunting regs will have maps which show these areas. A res. can be substituted for a guide. The law was passed and supported by the Wyoming Outfitters Association and IMO is unfair and unconstitutional! MtnHtr

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
thanks again!
<br>
<br>I had a buddy who lived in Rock Springs and he can tell me were to go to whack a speedgoat[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>He was sworn to secrecy on the Mulies, but the guy who administered the oath might be willing to take a novice[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Just looking at that Jan. tag application deadline you know!!
<br>
<br>Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mtn Hunter's center on this. There ain't much lope in the wilderness anyhoo. Mostly down on reglar forest service or BLM land. Onliest reason to hire a guide fer lope is ifn you ain't got eyes or feet. Hardest thing 'bout huntin' lopes is not pullin' the trigger too soon. Stretch out yer hunt. More fun thet way.

Mule
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Mule!
<br>
<br>When I went to visit a couple of times, we had to wait on a couple of decent bucks to finally run off so we could shoot prairie dogs[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>I also saw some wild horses on that trip..
<br>
<br>Great place with all of that Federal land..
<br>
<br>Mike
<br>
<br>

NRA Endowment Member

Mule skinners on target, if you are able to draw , you can really make it a great hunt. Look for areas that have deer season open also. South and east of Rock Springs might have both open at same time. If so you might score both if you can draw. Thats what I have found to be the toughest part. And skinners exactly right on shooting stink goats. Do not get in a hurry! Look for a decent buck, teach yourself what a decent buck is. good luck and great hunting

SSH, Be vewy, vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Elmers'
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks John
<br>
<br>Mike

NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 222Sako, 1badf350, 160user, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,341
Posts18,487,734
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.