Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not to his family, I guess. Let the giant of a man rest in peace and focus on us poor bastards left here.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who were his enemies? Who benefits from his death?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Other than he was what 79 years young? People that age don't just up and die much.

I am not seeing a Pelican Brief issue here.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I don't see anything out of the ordinary. The justice of the peace talked to the marshals and they said no foul play, she talked to his doctor and the family didn't request an autopsy. Unless the family requested it, I don't see any reason for there to be one.

He was 79 and died in his sleep in a comfortable bed at a really nice hunting lodge after a life well lived. We all should be so lucky.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Typically in an unwitnessed death there are strong considerations for an autopsy.
A judge/justice of the peace pronouncing both "death" and the "cause and manner" by telephone just seems a little archaic for a man of that stature.
If it was a local cowboy - ok. But a Justice of the Supreme Court who has a robust history of conservative views is a different matter.

It seems too tidy and neat. There were lots of decisions made in a quick fashion.
I am not a conspiracy theorist - but you have one shot at examining a death scene and getting samples from the body.
Its better to be safe than sorry.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not for a 79 year old unless the family requests it.

It seems like an effort to create another conspiracy
I am sure we can find the same thing happening in the past. A lot of supreme court justices are pretty old when they retire (or die).

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Is it too much to want a little proof as to the cause of death?

JFC he could've been poisoned and they ain't gonna even take a look see?

Very tidy indeed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
79, years old. From the looks of him a toxic, overweight mess. Add a stressful job on top.

I'm not surprised he didn't make 80...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Typically in an unwitnessed death there are strong considerations for an autopsy.
A judge/justice of the peace pronouncing both "death" and the "cause and manner" by telephone just seems a little archaic for a man of that stature.

I would have expected the county coroner to show up and examine the body to determine cause of death but I don't know how Texas does things. I'm sure the remote location plays a factor and having a JP sign the death certificate might be typical for the area. In a lot of rural areas being a justice of the peace is a one day out of the month type of job. She probably had to stop taking orders at the Dairy Queen long enough to do it. One of my neighbors was JP when I was a kid and his day job was driving a floor sweeper at a local factory.

I'm sure things would have been different if he died in Washington D.C. but in a remote area like that they have to work with what they've got.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nothing in the slightest unusual about any of it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Even with an appropriate medical history from the attending physician, it is impossible for a coroner to establish the cause of an unwitnessed death without toxicology and an autopsy.

For a public official whose death will have such far reaching impact, both procedures would be prudent. The history of recent foreign travel and the immediate reaction of a POTUS who was Justice Scalia's philosophical adversary demand an objective determination of circumstances and cause of death. Just my 2 cents.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Evidently a heavy smoker, along with being heavy.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
As far as I'm concerned, family wishes trump all.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Look, I all know you want a conspiracy, but it isn't likely.

And unless the family requests it or there is some probable cause (your distrust of the current administration is not going to qualify). 79 year olds die all the time, in fact most of us will not reach that age.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
He was 79 and human. People at that age die on a regular basis.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
They cannot I say again cannot rule it an MI without doing an autopsy. Just saying.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Evidently a heavy smoker, along with being heavy.

Pretty selfish of him, if you ask me, considering that he knew very well how important his continued breathing was to the rest of us.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Scalia complained of feeling ill Friday evening at the party hosted by the ranch.

He was likely a cardiologist's nightmare.

Conspiracy theories are on you gents and Scalia certainly doesn't deserve the eternal,lots of unanswered questions conspiracy whine of folks with nothing better to do.

He well earned his RIP, with emphasis on the "P".

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.