Print Thread
Hop To
T
tomk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Had put in an order for some Lee collet necksizing dies right from Lee Precision.

Order came and I had a 7mm Rem Mag instead of a 7mm-08. So I called and simply asked the young lady what I should do.

She said, "keep it and we will send out the 7mm-08, no charge, right away--that was our screw-up."

Is that 1st rate customer service or what?

Am thinking that US shooters enjoy some of the world's best run companies...

Defend the Constitution
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They screwed up your order and they get a pat on on back? Shouldn't we expect more? Sounds a lot like everyone getting a participation trophy. Try RCBS CS....now that is what good CS is about.

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They screwed up his order and made it right on their own dime, no questions asked and no hassle. Everyone can make a mistake, it's what they do to rectify it that counts. Sounds like they did right to me.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
T
tomk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
They didn't charge me a dime for either the 7mm RM or the 7-08 dies...I received the 7-08 in three days following the phone conversation.

I'd say that deserves a pat on the back

Defend the Constitution
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
1st class customer service. .

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Awesome service.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Good to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good on them.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd say that deserves a pat on the back

Yes it does.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
AFAIK, Lee is still a family-run company, and it shows.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It doesn't get any better than that and the dies were Made in the USA!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
T
tomk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
You know that was the first that thing that crossed what's left of my mind after talking with her and they sure are:

Lee

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lee is a great company....and that is top shelf customer service +P

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have had good luck with Lee. I once called to order a crimp die and they told me how to use an existing die instead of buying new. I have purchased my last RCBS product based solely on poor customer service. I called them once to purchase a part for their electronic powder measure and they said buy a new one measure, ($250). some companies don't understand that customers have long memories.

I will hunt everywhere before I die!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lee is a great company and used their products to get into reloading rifles and handguns. Still buy some of their products today. Never had a complaint, but have corresponded with them about the proper use of their Factory Crimp Die which I basically disagreed with their instructions. They were very courteous about it and appreciated my comments.

Plus, I received very good service when I ordered different size mandrels for the die.

Another great company 20 miles up the road from Lee is MEC. They got me started in reloading shotshells and still use their equipment.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mauser12
I have had good luck with Lee. I once called to order a crimp die and they told me how to use an existing die instead of buying new. I have purchased my last RCBS product based solely on poor customer service. I called them once to purchase a part for their electronic powder measure and they said buy a new one measure, ($250). some companies don't understand that customers have long memories.

Watch your back around here! wink

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I had a good experience with Lee too. Broke a decapping pin on a .308 die, called em and they sent me 2 replacements for no charge and I had them the next day(of course I called them early in the morning and I do live in Wisconsin)

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've always had a good experience with them also.

Recently had a need for .327 Federal dies but they have none listed. I thought 32 S&W/Long/H&R would work in the same manner as .38 Sp/.357 Mag. Wanted to make sure just in case there was an incompatibility issue. Fired off an "email" on their contact page.

Reply came next business day. Polite and in understandable English.

Also requested info for Factory Crimp Die for .256 Win Mag which would be custom order. Answer was right there in the reply too. Sounds easy enough to do.

Geno

PS, other than their Zip Trim, I've liked all their equipment I've used.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
?....Sounds a lot like everyone getting a participation trophy. Try RCBS CS....now that is what good CS is about.

Yes, in my experience RCBS customer service has been excellent for over 25 years. I have had them replace a warped RockChucker press, two sets of warped sizing dies, a non-functioning electronic scale, a broken new-in-the-sealed-box priming tool, and a few other items. No questions asked, no extra cost. But, lousy QA/QC for such a hallowed, sainted company. I now (last 15 years) buy from Lee and Redding. Never had to send anything back to either company....

Last edited by DoubleRadius; 02/22/16.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, afisher, 6 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,324
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.